[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I drop out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5186.jpg (82KB, 600x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5186.jpg
82KB, 600x678px
So I'm failing almost every class this year and I doesn't look like I will move on to the next grade. I've been thinking about dropping out but I'm scared that I won't be able to find work because I'm not skilled or talented in anything. What should I do?
>>
>>18004838
Nobody is naturally talented or skilled, they work at it.

You need to work harder and/or smarter
>>
Find whatever is stopping you from suceeding. For me, it was mmos/mobas.

The sad truth is a bachelor's is equivalent to a hs diploma nowadays. Put 100 percent into school. Even if you can barely manage Cs going full blast, you will still get that degree. DO NOT DROP OUT NO MATTER WHAT. NOTHING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR DEGREE
>>
>>18004838
Don't drop out but maybe withdraw and take the semester off to avoid nuking your GPA. That way you have the option of going back when you get sick of whatever retail job you land, and you can study with a renewed sense of purpose.

Unless you're in high school in which case just try to fight through that shit, only retards and pregnant teens drop out of high school.
>>
>>18004838
Do you like your program? Maybe you just need a better fit. Assuming you're in college of course.
>>
>>18004853
>>18004860
Im on an IEP and have all of these accommodations yet I'm still failing so what do I do then
>>
>>18004906
What is IEP? Academics are probably the easiest thing you will ever do in your life. You need to find out what is causing you to fail at academics because life only gets harder after school.
>>
>>18004937
It's and individualized learning program I have autism and so school is already hard for me. Even with all of these special things that my school gives me I'm still failing
>>
>>18004946
Welp. No special treatment for autism. Harden the fuck up you special snowflake
>>
That picture made me laugh op. Good shit that's fucking funny.

No absolutely not. I went that route and take my very grave and grim warning. I'm almost 30 yeras old. Stay the fuck away from any idea of dropping out. No, you will not "make it work". All that choice can do is lead to nothing but dark times and sad times and bitter regrets over not staying in school.

If you don't go to college here's what your life will be like. You'll wake up. You'll go to this job you really don't want to do that strips the living soul out of you that pays like shit because you don't have a college education. And then you'll go home to your shitty apartment or if you're lucky, your shitty 1 story cramped as fuck house in a god awful neighborhood because you can't afford anything better. And half your fucking day you're gonna have to do this shitty job you don't want to do EVERY FUCKING DAY.

The chances of you making some kind of significant major original difference in your life to where it was a better idea than college is very slim. Who knows how long your parents will let you live there after you quit school? Don't even begin to test those waters. Even if something amazing and original outside of school is possible you probably won't have enough time at your parents place to get anything off the ground. Even if you DO have an amazing idea that would guarantee amazing success without college you would still need support and belief from your parents to make this work and alot of help from them probably to make this work and that's not gonna happen

It makes more sense to go through school, and go to college, and then get the high paying job. And THEN. When you have ALL THAT MONEY to support you. Then you start taking risks and seeing what the fuck you like. And then you give yourself the money to go into that.

If anyone is concerned, yes I am getting into college. yes I am turning my life around. I am ok.
>>
>>18004976
>No absolutely not. I went that route and take my very grave and grim warning. I'm almost 30 yeras old. Stay the fuck away from any idea of dropping out. No, you will not "make it work". All that choice can do is lead to nothing but dark times and sad times and bitter regrets over not staying in school.
THIS. same story here. you'll regret it.
>>
>>18004946
Full blown autism? Not aspergers?

Well then excuse me forget what I just said here and all the terrible typos that went with it. >>18004976 It's really late for me atm. And I was way out of line with how I was talking to you in general so excuse that too

Ok so autism huh. That's interesting. Well ok here's the thing. Even if you can't make it to college I was being a bit rough in what I was saying there. Since you have autism obviously your parents are going to be extremely supportive and helpful to you in your life. Your autism is both a curse and at the same time an amazing gift. You can do amazing things because you're autistic. Don't let your learning difficulties blind you to this. I know some people who had learning difficulties in school who came up with amazing ideas and they were autistic too. You have a huge amount of genius potential in you because of this autism. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Do some internet research. Get on youtube or google and start looking up advanced guides on how to study. Specifically there are youtube videos from college professors on how to study well enough to pass college. That should be good enough for you to pass school. Even if regular highschool students used the college studying advice they would majorly improve how easy it is for them to pass school. I think you should be able to pass after you learn those techniques.

Look up videos of successful autistic people and get motivation to succeed from their success and motivation. If they can do it you can too!
Again I am sorry for being so crude in my message earlier. Please forgive me.

Honestly i'm out of my element here and shouldn't be trying to give advice at all. You should try to talk to your school about these issues or seek other professional places that can help you. Not 4chan.
>>
>>18005081
I have and they don't help at all
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.