[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to do people's math homework for money. Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 1461346837773.gif (941KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
1461346837773.gif
941KB, 627x502px
I want to do people's math homework for money. Is there a market for this?
>>
>>18003290
It's called
"tutoring"
>>
>>18003300
Okay, but what if I wanted the more illegal approach of actually doing the homework in exchange for bucks? Like, I do the homework, I get paid, they turn it in.
>>
>>18003290
>for money
haha really doubt it.
My friends found some website where you could solve other people's homework for money back in 2009 but now we have sites like Math.stackexchange that cover pretty much all trivial and non trivial math problems that a student of any level could possibly encounter in one life time.

If you want to earn money by problem solving, look into TopCoder, Codeforces, Kaggle etc. I mean those things that corporate actually cares about. Mathematics is not profitable in short term. (which I find very amusing considering its influence throughout human history)
>>
>>18003290
Doing homework? Unlikely.

But I know a guy who does nothing but tutor math and physics to high school students and he's earning ridiculous money from it. Like an actual surgeon-tier salary. He works almost all day every day, though, including all holidays and the day his mother died.
>>
File: suicidenote.jpg (45KB, 498x568px) Image search: [Google]
suicidenote.jpg
45KB, 498x568px
>>18003303
I write research articles for people, including professors. Word of mouth is the only way, anon.
>>
>>18003322
How much?
>>
>>18003303
Poor business model. You'll get a few idiots but anyone who isn't an idiot, which will be most people, will realize they need to pass their exams too. So you doing their homework is just going to bite them in the ass... These people might suck at math but they're probably okay at other subjects so they don't completely lack logic.

Now if you can do this for an online class you may be able to make it work.
>>18003322
This would work because the grading is different. You aren't actually writing the paper in class.
>>
>>18003320
How did your friend get started? I've been working as a tutor, but through some other companies instead of independently and it's cut my pay into pieces. I was looking at maybe doing some homework because I needed quick money.
>>
>>18003322
>write research articles for people, including professors

cool story
>>
>>18003343
I charge about $30 a page, more if their notes suck, less if it's easy.
>>18003354
Wanna know how I know you're not in academics? You think all your professors do their own work.
>>
>>18003363
You do papers in all the sciences?
>>
If you're so good at math and so passionate about math that you want to do it this much then you should be working on solving higher equations that will lead to great scientific discoveries and pay you billions
>>
>>18003364
No, epidemiology and genetics, and related social research.
>>
File: 002Geo.png (2MB, 2480x3411px) Image search: [Google]
002Geo.png
2MB, 2480x3411px
>>18003363
>Wanna know how I know you're not in academics

kek wanna know how I know you don't know what you're talking about at this point?
I'm a postdoc (26) who works with actual professors and we have published a few papers, so yeah in this thread there's at least one person in academia. Though I'm not in tenure track since I have no patience for teaching.

What do we need help with? let me think, formatting Latex? fixing the printer? both of those could be done in 10 minutes so your job is just bizarre to me.
>>
>>18003416
I have trouble with differential forms and applications.

If you can offer tutoring along with doing homework I'd like to contact you.
>>
>>18003416
That's real good.

I've had a half dozen submissions already this year between journals and congresses. Scientists write like shit, what can I say? You fell for the STEM meme and never learned how to communicate your ideas in a way that doesn't make them absolutely tedious to read. Especially if you're foreign. As a group, you can't write. Shouldn't have blown off your English requirements.
>>
>>18003463
What do you personally get out of coming onto the internet and telling lies
>>
>>18003504
Haha that's right, everything on the internet is fake, stem rules all fields, and foreign professors of genetics write perfect articles by themselves that are accepted by major journals on the first go. Trump is the god emperor, fucking traps isn't gay, did I miss anything?
>>
File: 1454477127279.png (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1454477127279.png
6KB, 225x225px
>>18003519
>fucking traps isn't gay
>>
>>18003531
dude I can't even bear to teach during my daytime job...but a good transition from elementary calculus to differential forms would be Tao's note (bird's eye view), www.math.ucla.edu/~tao/preprints/forms.pdf, then Munkres's Analysis on manifolds and Spivak's Calculus on Manifolds. They have similar treatments.
We use differential forms all the time: when integrating a function over an interval, we are tacitly multiplying that function by dx. When computing the flux of a vector field Pi+Qj+Rk over a surface, we are integrating Pdy∧dz+Qdz∧dx+Rdx∧dyPdy∧dz+Qdz∧dx+Rdx∧dy. In a Riemannian manifold the metric determines a volume form, but in local coordinates that form is still a multiple of dx1∧⋯∧dxn

>>18003463

>Scientists write like shit, what can I say? You fell for the STEM meme and never learned how to communicate your ideas in a way that doesn't make them absolutely tedious to read

It's funny because we never actually have any problem with communicating our ideas to people who matter, grants are still coming in, overseas conferences are all sponsored, Snowbird, Utah, French Alps, or just Las Vegas So I assume the rest of what you wrote has similar credibility.
See ya later.
>>
>>18003540
>>18003531
You can't even post on a 4chan thread without utterly fucking it up. Cleaning up after kids like you has been my bread and butter for years, anon. Don't hate.
>>
>>18003549
what can I say, posting on 4chan isn't something I usually do. But good on you for your imaginary job and ""publication"" kek
>>
>>18003290
Yeh, it's called tutoring, but for that you have to be mildly sociable and not ridden with autism so I guess that's bad news for you.
>>
File: 1459014515757.png (46KB, 497x427px) Image search: [Google]
1459014515757.png
46KB, 497x427px
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.