[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the western united States is it worth moving over there?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How is the western united States is it worth moving over there?
>>
Sure?
>>
That's a pretty general question. If you're planning to just move there with no money then you'll want to go somewhere with a lower cost of living.
>>
>>18003088
>>18003088
is this a serious question? Colorado is different from Montana is different from Washington is different from NorCal is different from SoCal. Where do you actually want to move?
Some things they have in common: In general things are more spread out. Aside from the California coast, there's a lot of emptiness. For example Denver is the only large city within like 500 miles or so.
Aside from the pacific northwest, much of that area is also dry, you won't get as much rain as you get on the east coast and you should try to conserve water.
There are large, well-preserved areas of wilderness. Most of the biggest national parks in the continental US are in the western US

Aside from that... it's a really big area and you need to be more specific
>>
>>18003088
Generally compared to the east, the west has a stereotype of being more laid back, more liberal, slower paced. I like it. I only have personal experience with Washington and Oregon, though.
>>
>>18003129
How does Oregon compare to Washington I know it rains slot in Oregon I also heard the people are more laid back
>>
>>18003135
It's hard to say because my experience with Oregon is in Portland, which I understand is a little different.
Portland vs Seattle, I'd say that the biggest difference I've noticed is how they react to their shitty situations (mostly housing, politics, etc). Portland seems more passionately frustrated, while Seattle is more resigned and disappointed.
Otherwise they seem pretty much the same. Weather wise, it mostly depends on where you are in relation to the mountains and valleys and sea. It rains everywhere west of the cascades. Portland got more snow than Seattle this year, since Seattle's saddled next to the Puget Sound at sea level.
>>
>>18003158
>>18003125
>>18003122

Well I wanted to.move to California but I'm afraid I'll be poor all.my life there or not poor but just living with less money. I was consider Colorado and Oregon been too Nevada before but nothing much other than Las Vegas. I don't know much about Washington or the other states around there
>>
You might want to live in the northern parts
>>
>>18003204
What do you mean the northern parts of the west or the northern united States?
>>
>>18003111
Yes
>>
Well, what were you planning to do for work once you got out there? Just picking up and relocating yourself to a new city without any family/friends out there or a job and home already lined up is extremely difficult. I mean obviously people do it all the time but people fail at it all the time too, and either lose all their money and come home broke, or develop some bad habits and end up homeless. Just be careful.

If you are gonna do this I'd say ideally have around 10 grand saved up to support you for around 6 months. It goes a lot faster than you think it will.
>>
>>18003135
>>18003158
stay the fuck out of both the PNW is a postmodern disillusioned shithole and everyone, I repeat, EVERYONE is a stilted autist who won't talk to you at the bus stop

people even go into tard rages downtown. if you live here live in the beautiful countryside and go camping/hunting in the national forests and wilderness because the cities are far more lifeless than anything on the east coast everyone does drugs
>>
>>18003856
Do you live there or something?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.