[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My husband has a friend from college. She and her husband have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7716.png (2MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7716.png
2MB, 750x1334px
My husband has a friend from college. She and her husband have never visited our house in the suburbs (they live in the city and are from elsewhere).

Anyway, they are supposed to come visit today. When dinner plans were discussed, she insisted that we go to Chili's because she and her husband are on a "restrictive diet". We countered it by offering to make Chicken with veggies for dinner. She insisted on Chili's.

I'm known for being a particularly good cook, and for being very accommodating to allergies and dietary restrictions.

Should I be offended she doesn't want me to cook dinner?

There isn't even a Chilis where we live!!! We have to drive 2 cities over for it.
>>
She's the women eating a side salad from McDonalds with a diet coke.

By back to you, I wouldn't worry about it. She might just prefer an open and relaxed environment as opposed to an intimate, 4 person dinner, since its the first time ur meeting them. She also might not want you to cook just to avoid the hassle. Don't take it personal.
>>
>>18000987
I've met this girl a handful of times. She and her husband were at my wedding to my husband 8 months ago...
She also knows I'm an avid cook...
>>
What the fuck
>>
>>18000995
Are you one of those "homemaker" wives?
>>
>>18000981
Just say you can't do it because of the driving distance.

Is it honestly two cities though? How long will that take you to get there?
>>
File: Byj_CxCCAAAk-8l.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Byj_CxCCAAAk-8l.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>18000995
is this what your avid cooking looks like?
>>
>>18000981
>Chicken with veggies
Yeah, I'd want to eat out instead of this too
>>
>>18000995

This is some girl drama level bs. Maybe she doesn't want to impose on you by having so mamt restrictions to the dinner? Maybe she's more interested in the setting than the meal? Maybe any number of things?

No, you shouldnt be offended. She isn't being offensive to you. You're taking something personal that shouldn't be. Enjoy your night out with friends and leave it at that.
>>
I wouldn't take it too personal. They're obviously a pain in the ass, but by the sound they just really want chilli's, and they aren't really avoiding your cooking. Don't want to defend them but some people are incredibly picky eaters and worry the shit out of themselves when they have to eat something unfamiliar. Maybe chili's is their mental beacon or something in this unfamiliar world of yours (as they haven't visited before).
>>
>>18000981
It just sounds like you're a little jealous of her, OP.
Don't take it personally.
>>
>>18000981
Damn, never known somebody turn down a home cooked meal and for fucking Chili's no less, stupid but they are your guest so go to Chili's. Me personally though, this would be the last time that couple gets an invitation to my house.
>>
She literally had chicken with steamed veggies.....

She agreed I could cook next time. She didn't want to "impose on us" by saying we couldn't use oil when cooking.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.