[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe destiny exists? Is there really a possibility

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1479069928279.jpg (137KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479069928279.jpg
137KB, 640x960px
Do you believe destiny exists?
Is there really a possibility that you are merely following a predetermined path that you cannot change, yet you simply have the illusion of freedom?
>>
>>18000711
Could be .. anything is conceivable
>>
>>18000711
Yes and no from non meta points of view.

You are the result of your upbringing and experiences. Your choices in every situation reflect a culmination of these things.

Look up transient global amnesia. My mother had it and every case is the same. The persons memory keeps resetting to a point. As long as they are in the same environment, they will say the same things over and over again.

My mom had about 5 minutes. In that time she would have the same questions the same reactions to the answer and the same thoughts and behaviour.

If anything in her environment changed (ie the stable where it happened to the hospital room) her questions thoughts and reactions changed. But shed be on a new loop.

Its a pretty strong case for you just do what you do and say what you say.

Dont worry about my mom by the way. Its a sudden onset, its still not known what causes it, and it totally vanishes without a trace quickly and doesnt come back.

Its just a strange sudden condition.

Anyway i dont think destiny is a cosmic universe magic thing. I think were just complex yet simple bio computers.
>>
>>18000711
Life is a series of choices, both. Big and small. The multitude of options available are paths and each choice is a divergence from said path. Take for example getting fat as a skinny person. It begins with you choosing to eat poorly every day, drinking sodas instead of water, being a couch potato instead of going out for walks. A month later you are now overweight. Was it predetermined that you got fat? Yes, given the choices you made. Was it destiny? Not until you made it so.
>>
>>18000711
There's a quote by Chancellor Bismarck he made as he was interviewed shortly before his death in which the interviewer stated that "Every man has his destiny." to which Bismarck replied "Wrong. Every man has his character, which determines his destiny.".
>>
>>18000729
But what about things that are outside your possibility of choices
For example, why do many people get to enjoy a luxurious life without trying and so many people have to suffer deapite trying their best that thinga would go wrong
It just doesn't make sense why bad things should happen with good people, yet it does
>>
>>18000769
It makes perfect sense.

Because everything is random but also relevant.

If youre born into money intelligence and education (random) youll have less problems (relative). If not (random) you have a fight ahead of you (relative).

Its not about karma or rewards from the universe. Your circumstances determine everything. Its just how it is. Fairness is a human invention. It doesnt actually exist. You can scream about it until your face is blue but you were dealt a hand.

How to play a shitty hand is an entirely different thread. But thats it bud. If your life sucks you got work to do.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.