[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's my resumé? I'm going for paralegal positions,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

How's my resumé? I'm going for paralegal positions, so I'm trying to do a filing aesthetic.

The big black block is my current college. I'm an undergrad.
>>
Looks good to me bro.
>>
>>18000356
Where did you get the idea to write a resume like this?

I'm actually a professional resume writer, so I know what I'm talking about. It just looks....very bizarre, like you are trying to combine a resume and a cover letter into one document.

I take it you don't have any actual work experience?
And was your novel actually published?
Not sure why you mention prosecuting lawsuits on your resume since nobody wants to hire someone that regularly files lawsuits against people. It's unclear what you mean when you say you "prosecuted" lawsuits. Are you a lawyer?, if so why are you applying for paralegal jobs.

What's your current education program in?

You're resume is honestly just very weird....
>>
>>18000356
>>18001360
And they the fuck do you include line numbers and a "prayer for decision"
>>
I'd look at it for 2 seconds and then never think about it again.

I work in HR. I used to do recruiting.

If I can't quickly scan what you've done and can't hone in on keywords, I'm tossing it.
>>
>>18001360
>professional resume writer
That's a thing now? But yeah, this.

That's not even a CV, anon. Most employers won't even bother to read it. A CV is supposed to be direct and easy to read. Basically you're not supposed to use sentences unless you can't express an idea without them. For instance, your skills should be put in a list with your level of proficiency next to them (something like beginner, intermediate, advanced).

Just look up a template and use it. Here's an example
http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae/templates-instructions
>>
Also, try avoiding words like wherefore. You sound like a douche.
>>
1) Why numbers?
2) Why is everything center?
3) Get rid of the prayer for decision. That's weird.
>>
When I worked in retail, my manager showed me a resume she found.

The watermark was a giant picture of Jesus. Somehow I cringed more reading your resume than looking at that resume my manager showed me.
>>
>>18001446
>1) Why numbers?
>2) Why is everything center?
It's the format of a court document.

>>18001360
>I'm actually a professional resume writer
>You're resume
Yikes.

>>18000356
>InDesign, Illustrator
Completely irrelevant to paralegal work; remove them.
>>
>>18000356
>If it was a legal document. …

If it WERE a legal document
>>
>>18001360
>>18001366
>>18001410
>>18001439
>>18001446
This is how a legal petition or complaint is formatted. It's also intended to be attached to a fake 'summons', to grab attention. Maybe they'll send it to the legal department, which is where I want it to go anyway :^)

My program of study is economics. I've never worked for anyone but my parents.

I'll have to find some other way to do my CV, I guess. Thank you.
>>
File: UwD72zQ.jpg (604KB, 1275x1650px) Image search: [Google]
UwD72zQ.jpg
604KB, 1275x1650px
>>18001564
the last thing you want for your resume is a gimmick

are you autistic?
>>
>>18000356
Very creative
>>
>>18001572
Jesus fucking Christ. That resume. If anyone actually sent out that resume, they are the most alpha male in the world
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.