[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gf and I hangout pretty much every day >I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

File: 1483727409244.jpg (31KB, 338x357px) Image search: [Google]
1483727409244.jpg
31KB, 338x357px
>gf and I hangout pretty much every day
>I'm going through a lot of shit, a lot of terrible shit
>She said she's willing to help support me in the best way that she can, and I gave her my word too
>She also had a fucked up childhood, so she can see where I'm coming from
>Sometimes she acts like she doesn't care how I feel, other times she makes big gestures to try and make it up to me
>This time, she tells me she won't be able to hangout tonight because she's studying
>I ask what time she's getting out of work tomorrow, she says a time and I say "Aww, guess you wont wanna hangout after? :/"
>Her: "Correct"
>I was kind of expecting a response along the lines of "Yeah, it sucks. :/ But at least we can hangout the day afterwards," or something
>Ask if she is happy about not seeing me
>She said that she didn't say that
>I told her that it felt that way
>She said "Whatever, don't text me if you're tripping" or whatever
>I ask if this is how our relationship will be like: her telling me my feelings don't matter and for me not to text her
>She says I'm not the center of the universe
>I say that she's the center of mine and that I thought she felt the same
>She says she doesn't and that she has her own problems to worry about and that I should do the same
>This is all after she said she loved me, wants to move in with me and will help to support me emotionally

What do I do? I'm so fucking tired of being told my feelings don't matter.
>>
>>17998901
you sound like a melodramatic teenager

stop being so attention seeking.

If you hang out with someone every day it becomes exhausting.

please become more mature before you engage in a relationship
>>
>>17998917
>you sound like a melodramatic teenager

Again, you don't know what the fuck I'm going through, so yes PEOPLE ARE DRAMATIC WHEN THEY'RE GOING THROUGH TRAMATIC SHIT. I'm a fucking human.
>>
>>17998901
ill get tired of hanging with someone everyday. fuck i get tired if i talk to someone everyday. leave her and yourself some space.
>>
>>17998928
i'm gonna bite the bait

it doesn't matter what you're going through, if you're too emotional or dramatic to understand you're whining to your girlfriend like a baby then you really shouldn't be in a relationship. You blew up at her over the wording of a text message you're that insecure.

you're a teenager who is too immature to manage their emotions.
>>
>>17998928

It doesn't matter, you still sound like a melodramatic teenager.

>I say that she's the center of mine and that I thought she felt the same

Lol, really dude? The center of your universe, and you should be hers? Grow up. Deal with your own issues. She doesn't exist to fix your problems or deal with your emotions. She should provide support when she can, but going off on her for a super trivial issue like not giving the perfect response that you expect is childish as fuck.

I bet you have a lot of terrible shit going on in your life because you're consistently playing the victim card, and want someone to tell you how bad you have it.
>>
>>17998939
My life has literally gone to shit because of reasons I can't control and I have no one in my corner besides her. My fucking bad if I want her to care about the way I feel.
>>
>>17998945
>I bet you have a lot of terrible shit going on in your life because you're consistently playing the victim card, and want someone to tell you how bad you have it.

>Mom is dead since I was 11
>Dad kicked me out of the house, told me to kill myself and stopped paying my tuition a semester away from graduating for no reason

HAHA YEAH BRO, I'M JUST BEING A LITTLE BITCH MY BAD. XDDD
>>
>>17998950

Explain your big, bad fee fees, then. What can't you control? It doesn't sound like she doesn't care, it sounds like you want her to baby you like a mommy would if you scraped your knee.
>>
>>17998950
do you want a fucking medal for your troubles

my last post on this. Your life is not a movie. You are being melodramatic. Grow up.

You're literally so fucking autistic you derived a one word response into meaning she wasn't happy with you. You're too insecure for relationships. Go deal with your shit on your own or kill yourself; don't end up blaming it on someone else.
>>
>>17998963
>>17998970
See
>>17998961
>>
>>17998977
>>17998970
my response is still the same

you aren't special.
>>
>>17998961

>Mom died 10 years ago
Get over it. I mean, not completely, of course, but that stops being an excuse or a "current event" your girlfriend needs to pay special attention to on the daily.

>Dad kicked me out and I have to pay for a whole semester of tuition, wahhhhh
Some people don't get anyone to help them with tuition at all. It's called student loans. Go get them. Get a job. Pay for your last semester. You should be easily able to pay for one last semester of schooling within the next year.

Again, not a fucking crisis.

My little cousin's dad put a fuckin' shotgun shell through the back of his head a couple of months ago and her mom seized all of the inheritance and hasn't paid for her education. She's not crying to her significant other about not getting enough attention, or crying about it in all caps on a malaysian paints and calligraphy bulletin board.
>>
>>17998989
>WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS MY COUSIN GOT SHOT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD

Great advice.
>>
>>17998999

Confirmed for missing the point. My cousin went through the same shit, if not worse, more recently than you, and isn't acting like a sad sack baby to the people around them.

You threw a tantrum over something tiny, your girlfriend called you out on it, and you're still throwing a tantrum, now to strangers on the internet. No one agrees with you.
>>
>>17999010
Just because I didn't get shot in the back of the fucking head doesn't mean my life is carefree and that I have nothing to complain about. Plus student loans are hard to get without a cosigner and jobs are hard to get without experience or a degree, but your advice is just "HURR DURR JUST DO IT IT'S NOT THAT HARD" when really it is.
>>
File: tumblr_mlem0o8dWl1rjcfxro1_250.gif (649KB, 245x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mlem0o8dWl1rjcfxro1_250.gif
649KB, 245x200px
OK, 1, stop being a faggot. Nobody cares all that much except people who love you and are related by blood or bonded by blood.

2. You're fucked up, you're hurt, so is she, etc etc etc. That shit is exhausting sometimes. You're being a faggot not because you're fucked up and life is hard, but by being overly sensitive. You actually were retarded enough to ask a loaded question with no possibility of a positive answer- just a shitty one and a neutral one, which places her in a rotten position.

>Ask if she is happy about not seeing me

Look, don't do that unless you're an 8-year-old girl. Never again, OK? That shit's retarded and shitty. You're better than that, asking that sort of shit.

#3, you write about your responses, but your language is urban negro. Are you black and proud? Is your gf? If so, good for you. If not, quit trying to be Ofay, Uncle Jemima, it's ridiculous.

#4. Happiness comes from within. If you make your gf the fountainhead of your happiness, and expect you to be hers, that places an unfair and unrealistic burden on her. That shit's exhausting, unrealistic and gets old faster than raw fish in the sun.

OP, everyone has terrible shit going on. It builds character, or reveals the lack thereof, by how you deal. I'm sorry you're struggling, but everyone struggles at some point. It's your turn now. Just quit feeling sorry for yourself, quit projecting your insecurities on your gf, and work to be more self-supportive. That shit ain't good for you or your relationship.

You sound like something of a pussy. I hope this passes with time and experience. It's disappointing when you realize that all the answers in life don't exist in your gf's head or between her legs. Some things you truly do need to do for yourself.
>>
>I'm so fucking tired of being told my feelings don't matter
>My life has literally gone to shit because of reasons I can't control
>you don't know what the fuck I'm going through
>I'm a fucking human

This thread is like if someone were trying to do some acting excersize of what's it's like to be a teenager.
>>
Join the military like everyone else who doesn't have good options at the end of their teen years. Might actually make a man of you, and it'll open doors that you don't have access to right now.
>>
>>17999020
>You sound like something of a pussy.

I can tell you haven't gone through shit in your life.
>>
>>17998989
>Selectively omitting the part about his dad saying he should kill himself

Good job.
>>
>>17999018

I'm sorry, all I'm seeing here is someone who is complaining without actually trying. Have you actually gone in with some applications for some jobs? I'm not talking a cushy office job, but some minimum wage, mall or grocery store job? People work those, you know. They're designed for people with no experience. High school kids get those jobs. You can't be older than 22 unless you're going to school late and have had life REALLY cushy.

Your feelings matter, but you have to accept what life is. Your girlfriend doesn't exist to take care of your every whim. Life isn't carefree - not for you, or for anybody.

Anyways, take or leave the advice. Your tantrum is in the wrong, and no one here so far feels different. Thanks for coming.
>>
>>17999039

My mom called me a disappointment and kicked my dad out of the house because I got an $80k a year job. Parents are fucking crazy. Deal with it.

For as much as a pussy as this kid sounds like, I bet his dad was saying it as an emotional outburst because his kid had never had a job and acted like a whiny baby while he was being handed college tuition and a place to live without having to contribute a dime.
>>
>>17999044
>Have you actually gone in with some applications for some jobs? I'm not talking a cushy office job, but some minimum wage, mall or grocery store job? People work those, you know.

Someone get this guy a medal, he so desperately wants one. Yes, I've applied everywhere. Just because I'm a college student doesn't mean I don't know minimum wage jobs exist. I worked one for 4 years in hs, and still haven't gotten a call back for an interview.
>>
>>17999050
>My mom called me a disappointment and kicked my dad out of the house because I got an $80k a year job.

Wow. You poor thing. You must really be suffering.
>>
>>17999018
I got a job as a detention officer with no experience in law enforcement and no degree. Pays 20 dollars an hour. It's a hard job, you get put in 74 inmates vs 1 officer but I do it cuz I'm a man. Maybe you should man up too.
>>
>>17999062
>REAL MEN DON'T HAVE ANY EMOTIONS

k
>>
>>17998901
my bf's dad abandoned him as a kid and refuses to make any contact with him, his mother is a crack addict whose mental stability is on the rocks and calls him drunk and high, crying uncontrollably every day for being a poor mother but won't go to rehab. he was homeless and literally lived on the streets for a year when he was just a teen. his last girlfriend died in a car crash. his closest father figure was his uncle who died of a sudden heart attack a year after his last girlfriend died. his older brother treats him like a maid around their shared home, even when he is sick and injured. he works a shitty 10+ hour job at a factory with a boss who yells at him everyday, while barely making enough to pay off his 40k+ debt.

and he would still never pull that pussy shit you did to your gf lmao what the fuck. the least he would say is MAYBE "lol that was kinda blunt" but even then he'd assume i'm too busy to text back because i have a life of my own.

unloading your problems on someone everyday takes a lot of energy for the person who is listening. trust me. this is why my boyfriend tries to keeps his shit to a minimum and won't take it too personally if i seem too tired to give an in-depth response.
>>
>>17999053

Then why did you say jobs are hard to get without experience? You have four years of experience. I seriously doubt you've "applied everywhere."

List three places. Tell us how you did it. Did you go into the store? Did you bring a resume? Did you dress appropriately, or in jeans and a t-shirt? Did you speak to the manager, or at least bother to ask?

Abercrombie & Fitch does open interviews every Tuesday and Friday for backstock positions. How about you try there?
>>
>>17999074
>and he would still never pull that pussy shit you did to your gf lmao what the fuck.

Lol Fuck me for having emotions, amirite? XDDDD
>>
>>17998901
You're an insecure faggot. Stop being a little bitch. That is all you're doing and all you know, I'm sure, but try harder. Everybody gets one.
>>
>>17999092
Tell me more about how both of your parents loved you growing up in your white upper middle classcneighborhood.
>>
>>17999100
Are you underage? Board is 18+.

Are you 18+? Why are you fucking crying about how you or other people grew up? God damn you have a rough love life ahead of you kid. Shit, normal life too, sounds like you're too busy bitching about your past problems to move forward.
>>
>>17998901
Dude you're genuinely an insufferable person. Everything you've posted here has left me with feeling emotionally uncomfortable.
>>
>>17999114
If you haven't gone through shit, but wanna critique someone else going through a rough time, I suggest you shut the fuck up because you don't have anything to add to the conversation because you probably haven't gone through a single hardship in your life.
>>
How old are you? 17?
>>
>>17998901
>>I ask what time she's getting out of work tomorrow, she says a time and I say "Aww, guess you wont wanna hangout after? :/"
>>Her: "Correct"
>>I was kind of expecting a response along the lines of "Yeah, it sucks. :/ But at least we can hangout the day afterwards," or something
>>Ask if she is happy about not seeing me
You're a fag. This is something an insecure woman would do
>>
>>17999124
The woman I dated from my last year of highschool in 2004 had parents who literally said to her face that she was a piece of scum, they wished she was born as a boy, they wished she was dead, etc., died during back surgery in December of 2012.

She had to have back surgery because of slipped discs, which was accelerated by being kicked down a flight of stairs twice when she was under the age of 15 by her father who was on ridiculous amounts of oxy and tons of other mixed drugs for over 10 years, and in a car accident her mother caused with her in the front seat because she rammed another vehicle she was upset with. I was pulled out of the hospital by three officers prior to her surgery because her parents hated me the entire time we were dating because she was more independent around me and they couldn't stand it for the 8 years we were dating, so they called the police and told them I was on drugs and being violent.

She bled out and died after about 35 minutes, but I was dealing with officers for over an hour and a half, and so I didn't even know what was going on as I ended up barred from the hospital as I wasn't actual family until the next day.

Never during our entire relationship did this girl act like as much of a colossal bitch as you sound like, including when she was barely 18. Nor did I sound like an insecure little bitch following. You, on the other hand, sound like the most infantile faggot I've read a post from since I was literally in high school.

Grow up, she wants space from you for exactly the reason we can tell you're a bitch.
>>
>>17999145
>le MEN HAVE NO EMOTIONS meme
>>
File: 1485149760232.jpg (17KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485149760232.jpg
17KB, 480x336px
>>17998901
OP here. This entire thread culminated into

>HURR DURR MEN DON'T HAVE EMOTIONS STOP CRYING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH
or
>BOTTLE UP YOUR EMOTIONS DON'T YOU KNOW THAT THAT'S THE HEALTHY THING TO DO

Such great advice guys.
>>
>>17999162
You're a fucking retard, and using le and meme in your sentence doesn't cover up trying to defend passive aggressive bullshit.
>>17999172
No it didn't, but you can't stand being explained to that you sound like a high school girl, which is just as unhealthy and way more unattractive than holding your emotions in. Most of your life is in fact holding your emotions in check. That's called being an adult. The fact that you immediately jump to the idea of NOT being a bitch equating to bottling up emotions like some TV shrink shit tells me you're still at that blooming age of 17-27 year old who still lives in the high school mentality. They're abundant now and it's embarrassing.
>>
>>17999145
This basically

>>17999162
It's not about having no emotions. When someone tells you they can't hang out and you immediately come at them accusing them of being happy they won't see you because they didn't respond with anything more than an affirmation, you're a manipulative bitch.

Reading your OP reminded me of dealing with my insane borderline grandma. As soon as I read the "Ask if she is happy about not seeing me" line I rolled my eyes. No one wants to hang out with a person like that, man.

And since you've implied you're under 18 with your aggressively defensive responses to >>17998917 and >>17999114, your brain is still malleable enough to get help for your shitty borderline/histrionic personality. Go to a psychiatrist.
>>
>>17999178
>>17999180
Kek, I guess I'm just not as man enough as you two. I'm sure you'd both come through what I went through with shit-eating grins begging for more. Guess wanting to get reassurance from the only person who'd give it to you means you're a little bitch.
>>
>>17999196
Sorry bro, I already gave you an example up here >>17999155 that you casually ignored. You didn't go through anything that wasn't generic high school angst. Grow up, stop being a cunt, stop being pissy that no one thinks your "I'VE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH" spiel is impressive. Everyone on this board has either been through that phase, is living that phase, or had a friend who went through that phase when they were underage B& too.
>>
>>17999196
>Guess wanting to get reassurance from the only person who'd give it to you means you're a little bitch.

"Guess we can't hang out tonight then"
"Right"
"ARE YOU HAPPY YOU WON'T BE SEEING ME?"

This is not asking for reassurance. This is not normal. You need to get help if you think this is a normal response to what your girlfriend said.

>constantly bringing up what he's been through to reaffirm he is a victim
Yeah, histrionic for sure. Make an appointment with a psychiatrist. They will get you through therapy and get you medication. You will come out a better person. Not so paranoid. Not so panicked when you're not the center of attention. People will want to be around you and will think you are a better person. Won't that feel nice? Won't that be a relief? You still have time. You lose so much neuroplasticity after your early twenties. You need to go.
>>
>>17999207
>You didn't go through anything that wasn't generic high school angst.

>Your mother dying at 11 is generic hs angst
>Your dad kicking out of the house, stop giving you tuition and telling you to kill yourself is generic high school angst
>Being abused by your father until you're 19 is generic high school angst

Yes, I'm sure everyone goes through this.
>>
>>17999215
>This is not asking for reassurance. This is not normal. You need to get help if you think this is a normal response to what your girlfriend said.

My dad just told me to kill myself, my fucking bad if I want to make sure my gf doesn't feel the same.
>>
Go ahead and ignore our advice, OP. You'll be back here whining about how she left you and trying to place the blame on her again. And we'll just laugh at you. Again.
>>
>>17999224
Yes. Literally every one of those fucking things is generic high school angst. By the time any reasonable person has hit mid to late 20s none of those things mean anything to their day to day life. You literally fucking spit out some shit about "growing up in upper middle class" only to talk about how your fucking parents stopped giving you tuition like there aren't a huge amount of people who can't even get it via state or loan companies, much less their single living or non living parents. I just told you about a person who died because of abuse at the age of 25. What the fuck has deluded you to think coming here was going to be the hugbox you wanted to tell your girlfriend was being a super bitchy cunt who totally ignored YOUR NEEDS because you're a snowflake? Fucking children. Seek out advice from anon here >>17999215, you don't want to grow up to be the kind of insufferable cunt who's in their late 20s and still makes threads like these for attention on an anon imageboard and then takes them to heart. Either that or take your dad's advice.
>>
File: 1458263228581.gif (2MB, 224x304px) Image search: [Google]
1458263228581.gif
2MB, 224x304px
Why are legit threads pruned by the janitor but this baby's tantrum about how no one has it worse than him still standing?
>>
>>17999246
Because we all got miffed and responded like retards. Soon we'll get a ALL ALONG post though so don't worry about it.
>>
>>17999235
>my fucking bad if I want to make sure my gf doesn't feel the same.

Asking if she's happy she doesn't want to see you totally out of left field isn't a normal way to do it.

Repeating all the stuff about how hard your life is isn't making anyone feel sympathy for you. This isn't some "whose life is the worst" contest. You need professional help. Get professional help.
>>
>>17999245
>Yes. Literally every one of those fucking things is generic high school angst.

No, not really.

>Either that or take your dad's advice.

And there goes his true colors everyone.
>>
OP IS HISTRIONIC AND THRIVES ON NEGATIVE ATTENTION DO NOT RESPOND

GET HELP OP

GET HELP OP

GET HELP OP

GET HELP OP

GET HELP OP
>>
>>17999259
What experience do you actually have that tells you otherwise, since you obviously don't have any close friends to talk with this about and you've all but admitted you're underage or just in the range. Outside of that, what audience are you speaking to? Pointing again to >>17999215 ; >>17999180 . Get some fucking help, kid. Continuing with your attention seeking is pointless.
>>
Look, OP, I'm someone who is prone to feel sorry for myself too, but you have to realize that shit can be exhausting to other people, even those who love you.

Some burdens you need to deal with yourself, at least some of the time.
>>
>>17999253
>Asking if she's happy she doesn't want to see you totally out of left field isn't a normal way to do it.

I suppose, but goddamn, I was feeling low. I just wanted to hear some nice words from my gf to comfort me, but that makes me a little bitch somehow.

>Repeating all the stuff about how hard your life is isn't making anyone feel sympathy for you. This isn't some "whose life is the worst" contest. You need professional help. Get professional help.

This isn't a contest, but half of the thread is acting like what I went through is just some normal teenage shit like "ugh my parents grounded me, there's a test coming up and my gf is being mean, what do? :(" when I'm legitimately wrestling with suicide and am currently going to counseling for it.
>>
>>17999287
You have legitimate issues, OP. You probably have worse problems than most of the people telling you to get over it in this thread.

You still need to get over it though. You can't be a burden to other people. You will ruin your relationship if you continue this.
>>
>>17999287

I've been posting in this thread, and I'm gonna try to soften my stance on this. Ultimately, a lot of us have been through similar experiences that you have. I think if you came here and said "shit guys, my mom's death and the way my dad is treating me has really taken a toll on me recently, any advice or kind words," that we'd mostly be supportive and have your back.

The thing that we're really giving you shit for is the fact that you overreacted to your girlfriend's very acceptable reaction to your question. You're allowed to have emotions, but putting all of your emotional weight on one person is unhealthy and will do nothing but hurt you more in the future, when she isn't around.
>>
>>17999296
Thank you, you make a lot of sense.

But what do I say if I just want some sense of humanity? Some sense of feeling like she cares without coming off as some HURR DURR LITTLE BITCH TEENAGE GIRL.
>>
>>17999287
>I just wanted to hear some nice words from my gf to comfort me, but that makes me a little bitch somehow
you've got to stop this.

wanting to be assured is not what made you a bitch and not what everyone is calling you out on. everyone is calling you out on your shitty manipulative behavior. when you're feeling down and want some comfort, ASK. don't accuse the people around you of hating you to provoke a hurried response of reassurance. this isn't how normal people think. you say you're seeing a therapist? ask them to do some testing for personality disorders.

and half the thread is "acting like what [you] went through is just some normal teenage shit" because it IS. look at statistics for kids raised by single parents, for kids whose parents don't pay for their college, etc. you know why everyone's bringing up their own personal tragedies? because everyone has their own personal tragedies. it's not some call for you to power up your victimhood. it's anons saying, "your situation is normal, your behavior is not."

get help.
>>
>>17999309
You need to accept that you're not entitled to have someone dote over you whenever you feel like it.

You have to accept that she is a separate human being with a separate interior life and problems of her own and she can't handle the full emotional weight of another person. She can help and she likely wants to help, but there are going to be times when it's too much for her, and you need to back off during those times. I would say you may need to find someone more compatible, someone who can tolerate more emotional neediness than she can, but based on this thread.....honestly, no one is going to be able to tolerate the emotional neediness that is on display here. Look how many anons are dropping like flies. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to make you realize how you're coming across.

You need to stop framing yourself as a victim. It's ok to occasionally have an emo night, but after that you need to suck it up and put your affairs in order.

Instead of approaching your girlfriend as if she's a shoulder for you to cry on, approach her as someone who can help with practical solutions to your problems. Got cut off from your dad's finances? Sit down and discuss your options with her. If she has the time - and accept that she may not - she'll likely help you look into loans and grants. This is productive support, it's not enabling emotional neediness.
>>
>>17999305
>You're allowed to have emotions, but putting all of your emotional weight on one person is unhealthy and will do nothing but hurt you more in the future, when she isn't around.

That's because I'm scared of putting any emotional weight in anyone else. I'm scared that if I tell anyone else what's going on, they'll just act the way you did

>LOL UR MOM DIED AND YOUR DAD TOLD YOU TO KILL YOURSELF? GET OVER IT PUSSY

My friends are shit and have shown they aren't really there for me, and my dad being an asshole really made me distrust people in general.
>>
>>17999322
I REALLY don't think I'm asking for too much honestly.

But apparently I'm the crazy one.

I guess it's hard coming to grips realizing that no one will love you like your mom does, and I suppose I was just seeking that comfort. Everyone has someone they can go to who they can be sad to, and they'll try to cheer you up no matter what, but I don't have anyone like that, and I was searching for that in my gf. But that makes me crazy with emotional neediness that's too high to tolerate.
>>
>>17999329
Part of it is your phrasing, OP. You came in here like a hurricane acting as if you have Shakespearean levels of tragedy going on.

And you do have legit issues. I would definitely be stressing if my dad told me to kill myself and refused to pay for my last semester. But people are going to automatically bristle when you come in with a "woe is me" attitude and a dead mother from 10 years ago and an asshole dad isn't going to live up to the expectation you built with your histrionics.

>My friends are shit and have shown they aren't really there for me

This is part of the problem. Maybe you do have really shitty friends, but based on this entire thread, you're still looking at people as what they can do for you and then they're failures when they don't live up to what seems like unreasonable expectations.
>>
>>17999351
>I guess it's hard coming to grips realizing that no one will love you like your mom does, and I suppose I was just seeking that comfort. Everyone has someone they can go to who they can be sad to, and they'll try to cheer you up no matter what, but I don't have anyone like that, and I was searching for that in my gf. But that makes me crazy with emotional neediness that's too high to tolerate.

Again, here's another example of it.

I am sorry your mom is dead, but she likely would have had her limits too. I know I sometimes go crying to my mom and she's all "shut up faggot" in response.

You're incorrect that everyone has someone they can go be sad to all the time forever and ever. We all have friends, gfs, bfs, parents, etc that have limits. No one will try to cheer you up no matter what 24/7.
>>
>>17999155
Not OP, but I'm really sorry that that happened - assuming everything you said was true (sorry. This thread seems to be trolly so I don't even know anymore, haha).

But if it is true, then that's really not fair. It's not fair how life played out for that girl. She sounded like she was given a shitty deal in life and she fought until the end. She sounded like a strong person. I hope you're still hanging in there as well.

If I knew you, I'd buy you a beer or whatever the fuck you drink.
>>
>>17999351
>>17999358

Yeah, not everyone has someone who will unequivocally help you when you're sad, regardless of whatever you have going on. My mom has a "no complaints" policy, and will shut me out if I try to be cheered up at all. It happened when I hit puberty.

I have some amazing friends who have my back, but they have their limits at the end of the day. There is no one in my life that I can always expect to be cheered up with no matter what.

That's life, my friend. At the end of the day, you have no one but yourself, and you have to look inward for strength.
>>
File: 1396023895030.jpg (29KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
1396023895030.jpg
29KB, 429x399px
I had to end a relationship because I handled stress and anxiety very differently than she did. She was a lot like OP, and poured out everything she felt and I would support her and try to be there for her. I didn't dislike doing it, because i cared for her, liked her, and wanted her to be happy.
However, when i get depressed/overwhelmed, I like to be alone, or at least /doing something/ with somebody else, with an unspoken support, or practical help if I ask for it. But as time went on, she would aggressively ask me to share things, aggressively inquire into my life, trying to get me to reciprocate. It wasn't like I was hiding anything, but I could tell that -- Because I handle stress differently, not throwing my problems and my fears out and allowing her to emotionally 'take charge' of them, -- she thought I didn't care for her as much.

I explained all this of course, that I didn't need the same kind of emotional support. (I need support alright, but not in the same way) but it only really got worse, as it seemed all she ever really wanted us to do was talk about each other. I like to talk about all kinds of things, I love conversations where I learn something, or where I can tell someone else something they didn't know. But she would always talk about herself and her problems, and then try to get me to talk about myself and my problems. I liked getting to know her a lot, and i was glad to share my feelings, but a good relationship should be built on more. It should be built on experiencing new things together, but it was difficult to get that across when I would oafishly say something like "can't we talk about something else? can't we do something else?" and it would come across to her as either callous or defensive while she's pouring her heart out and trying to get me to do the same.

In the end I had to call it off, and now she seems to have found someone who leans on her as much as she needs to lean on other people.
>>
>>17999172
And this was you proving everyone's point. You're a mess dude seek therapy.
>>
>>17999452
[cont]

I guess why i typed this out is to tell you that this girl handles her emotions differently than you. She almost certainly does not get 100% of her emotional support from you, and while you might say to yourself that "I wish she would", real relationships don't work that way. You should be getting some of your emotions out outside of the relationship.
You need to find some way to vent without venting at her every time. Because that's exhausting. If you love someone you'll do it for them, but its still exhausting and you're the one putting her through this.

Look for another coping mechanism, and if you want to save this relationship show her that you can stand on your own two feet sometimes.

This isn't "YOU CAN'T HAVE FEELINGS" this is "let those feelings out on something else from time to time," it's just being considerate of other people's feelings.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.