[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have friend >he is depressed, unemployed, and living with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

>have friend
>he is depressed, unemployed, and living with his grandma in our podunk hometown
>invite him to live with me in the city so that he can get a fresh start
>line up a job for him
>he works for a while then quits because he can't stand answering to any kind of authority
>gets another job then quits after 2 weeks
>claims he's "too anxious" to work
>has been unemployed for over 3 months now
>says he can't handle working and is instead "focusing on himself"
>by that he really means "playing Hearthstone all day every day"

Whenever I confront him about not even trying to work or get out or do anything he gets defensive and talks about being too depressed. I get that depression is a real thing, but at the same time I also feel that a person should be willing to try to get better and that there is no magic pill that will cure anxiety or depression without some effort on the individual's part.

Wat do?

Btw he's 29.
>>
>>17998388
Don't invest in depressed people. It just gives them something to be depressed about and pisses you off. Just hang and do shit for fun.
>>
You've already gone above a beyond what most people would do. I would still be there as a friend but I wouldn't help him out anymore. He seems content doing nothing.
>>
>>17998388
Your friend sounds like a cunt, I'd cherish the opportunity you gave him.
>>
>>17998388
Try taking him to a psych, if you get his depression treated that might do good
>>
>>17998397
>>17998399
>>17998401
you're all cunts. he never asked OP to help him.
this guy obviously has some serious issues he needs to work on. OP clearly has no experience with serious depression, because when it hits you certainly do not have any desire to get better. when you get really low, you start to feel like you velong there and that this is all you deserve.
you don't have to do anything more for your friend OP. it sounds like you're very frustrated with him as it is. just try to point him towards someone who is qualified to help him and you can wash your hands of him entirely
>>
>>17998388
Is he depressed or does he have depression? There's a difference.
>>
>ever EVER involving yourself in mentally damaged people

Listen to me anon. You are getting a taste of it. Stop it. Stop investing in these people, 99% of them will NEVER fix themselves because they don't want to. They wallow in their self-hate/hate of x/mental issues because it's the same as playing games or going for a walk or doing anything that normal people do as an outlet or for fun.

'Depression' is just a magical wand to wave to excuse any behavior/any words said/any actions done and if you have a problem with it, you just 'dont understand mental illness!'
>>
>>17998388
You're not his mom or his therapist
>>
File: 319067_1495753050748_57650_n.jpg (15KB, 180x362px) Image search: [Google]
319067_1495753050748_57650_n.jpg
15KB, 180x362px
>>17998388
I wish i had a friend like you. Im pretty much in the same boat. But i feel him also. Depression sucks and it makes you not want to work. Just imagine waking up everyday tired and feeling shitty. EVERYDAY. I dont know
>>
OP, this seems like an issue your friend has to solve himself.

I know that he's avoiding responsibilities and I can understand, I've been there and I'm sure he looks down on himself too. The best you can do is be his friend, but he has to decide himself to change. He needs to find the way out on his own.

It's hard to understand when things are going right for yourself, just wait and see, eventually his grandma will die too, he'll have no choice then but to work.

If you want to stick around or not is your decision, if he wants to change is his.
>>
>>17998388
omg dude this is literally my fucking boyfriend
>>
>>17998388
>trying to fix people
When someone is their own problem, you cant fix them.

You gave him more opportunities to slack off without any consequences, like his grandmommy has been doing.
Make better friends.
>>
>>17998388
>there is no magic pill that will cure anxiety or depression
uhh
>>
>>17999460
>'Depression' is just a magical wand to wave to excuse any behavior/any words said/any actions done and if you have a problem with it, you just 'dont understand mental illness!'
Jesus christ, this is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on 4chan in the past 10 years. And I browse /pol/ regularly!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.