[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm trying to quit smoking. I have a baby on the way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (9KB, 122x190px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 122x190px
So I'm trying to quit smoking. I have a baby on the way in a few months and I need to quit bad. I just need some advice on how to do it. I need a cheap and effective way to do so. As of right now I'm just eating sunflower seeds. I've heard it helps a little. I just need something to get that urge out of the way. Please help..
>>
>>17997981
Also, I'm not going to fucking vape. So don't even try. It's stupid as fuck, and all you're doing is replacing one habit with another.
>>
>>17997981

you already know all the popular methods. have a buddy watch over you til its out of your system (or your wife?) if you can.
>>
>>17997981
The only way that worked for me is just to cut it off completely. No tobacco/nicotine in any form. Vaping or chewing Nicorette will keep you addicted, and eventually you're just gonna say "fuck this fake shit" and go for a real cigarette.

You just gotta be strong and get through the first few weeks. If you DO slip up, don't get discouraged. Smoke a shameful cigarette and throw the pack away.

The first 2 months were rough for me, but now I don't even miss it. I still have the occasional cigarette when I go drinking with friends, but they're fucking gross now. I'll have about half a cig and think "I can't believe I used to smoke 10 of these every day"
>>
>>17997987
Well, I was gonna be that guy.
I'm not a smoker and never have been but before you completely throw it out, the appeal to vaping as a method of quitting for my friends was the fact you can get differing amounts of nicotine with the vape. So it's not so much replacing one habit with another, it's literally just about weaning you off the drug.

If you can't just quit cold turkey, just keep that in mind. I know it makes you look like a douche, but if you're going about it the right way and just working your way down to a smaller and smaller amount of nicotine, then you can kick the vaping and smoke altogether.
>>
>>17997981
You just have to stop cold turkey.

If all the products that exist worked people would not need to buy them so much to quit.

The internet will fuck you up with lies on this one man. Just stop smoking and grit through it.
>>
Fuck me man... This is gonna suck. I've quit cold turkey before but it just sucks ass. I think after this pack I have ill do it. I have half a pack left. I'll try after that. I have to. I have no choice. Thanks for everyone's input. Pretty helpful actually.
>>
>>17998095
This. Anyone who insists they can't stop smoking is a fool.
>>
I've quit cold turkey. This is one of the harder things I've achieved in my life. The routine is twofold. One part is quitting cold turkey leaves you really fucked up with withdrawal symptoms. I was a pretty heavy smoker, almost two packs a day, maybe easier for you if you smoked less or shorter (me: 20 yrs). This lasts for up to two months and sucks ass. You grit your teeth since no trick helps. Just grind through it. The second step is AFTER you kick the physical addiction. It is because of the lack of serotonin or whatsitsname. Your body stopped reabsorb what is not used, since it larned the nicotine will provide. So you'll feel depressed, jumpy, pissed easily, all sorts of shit. And you have to remember that this is just chemistry. Have the loved ones around you make allowances. This lasts for up to a year, and you will have urges as long as two years. You have to fight those, you slip once and you are right back. They are more devious, though easier to fight than the initial withdrawal symptoms. They sneak up on you when you are relaxed. In that first period you are ready for the urges, fighting your hardest, here they might catch you when you are not. You survive two years and congrats! You kicked it. Don't light up again, it will be harder to kick the next time around.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.