[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the right balance to strike in being happy with yourself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1471316880371.png (3MB, 1280x2080px) Image search: [Google]
1471316880371.png
3MB, 1280x2080px
What's the right balance to strike in being happy with yourself single, and looking for a relationship?

I've been single for two years, and in that time, only met one girl I was interested in - who was engaged. No big deal, but I only met her at work. People always say "keep waiting, and the right one will come along," but it doesn't happen.

Otherwise, I haven't really been pursuing girls at bars or while out. When I see someone cute, I ignore it, saying "things shouldn't be about girls, just have fun with your pals."

I'm mostly cool with this, but it'd be cool to be in a relationship, and with the guy supposedly doing most of the pursuing in general, what's the right balance here?
>>
>>17995868

the right balance is to not go out of your way to meet them. if you're out with your pals and see a pretty girl, go talk to her. thats the right time.
>>
>>17995878
This. Also dating sites are useful too. You can set up an account if you get matched go out of not at least you tried.
>>
>>17995885
>>
>>17995885
Sorry but I can't agree here. Dating sites attract people desperate enough to allow some semi random algorithm to find their mate. It's great if you want to hook up, but that's not what OP was talking about.
>>
>>17995936
Eh. It's how my mom met my stepdad, and they've been married ten years now.
>>
>>17995936
Yeah, sites like match.com and eharmony are successful for a reason. It's not a 100% guaranteed method to find the right one but there is a greater chance to find one than not trying them at all. He wants a relationship and there is no harm in at least trying there too.
>>
>>17995885
>>17995936
>>17995942
>>17996029

OP here... I'm on a couple of dating sites - it's where I met my last girlfriend. But that being said,I don't reach out to anyone, for the same reasons as in the OP, people say to keep waiting and wait for the right person to drop into your lap.

I dumped my last girlfriend from the dating site. I was happy to do so. She wasn't what I wanted from a relationship, just what I thought I wanted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty happy in general. But as I get older and older, I question if what I'm doing is right.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.