[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canadian Army

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: saddam was black mang.jpg (88KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
saddam was black mang.jpg
88KB, 638x960px
I was thinking of joining the Canadian army for a few years for le free college, for some cash, some future benefits (?) and to become stronger and better at self-defense. Is this a good idea? I'm guessing that soldiers get paid to train for combat and later sit on their asses. Is this true? I absolutely do not want to go to war.

I'm guessing Trudeau will not send the army anywhere and even the conservatives might not. Anyway, do you think this is a good idea? I don't plan on making a career out of this unless I do really well.

So /adv/, should I join the Canadian Armed Forces? Am I wrong about any of this stuff? Is it dangerous to live as a Canadian soldier and are there any reasons not to? Will I change mentally? Right now I'm a lazy, independent thinker. Will that change?
>>
If you're in it to avoid danger and get free shit, I think you'd be making a mistake
>>
>>17983718
> this
>>17983694
>>
>>17983718
Why?
>>
Actual person that is doing just that at the Royal Military College of Canada here, why not join the Air force or the Navy if you don't want to be directly in combat. If you pick a support trade, then the likelihood of you being deployed is not that great, and even if you do, you would not be in front line combat.
>>
>>17983694
Go to /k/ The autists there have a enlistment thread every few days.
>>
>I absolutely do not want to go to war.

If this is a flat, unconditional statement, then the military is absolutely not for you.

Certain jobs (like admin) aren't likely to see combat, and certain countries (like Canada) aren't likely to make significant combat deployments. But you never know. If you're going to join, even if you just want the benefits, you need to be ready and willing to answer the call if it comes. And once you join, that call could come any time, even after your end of active service.

Most people who join out of genuine interest/ enthusiasm end up not liking the military life. If you're joining up with little-to-no interest, you're almost certainly not going to enjoy most of your term of enlistment. There's positives and negatives; it all comes down to your mindset.

Talk to a recruiter and weigh your options and interests. Ask about the benefits, but don't say you're only interested in them. Under no circumstances should you accept an open contract.

-Four years USMC infantry
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.