[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Running

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Manbun.jpg (50KB, 480x662px) Image search: [Google]
Manbun.jpg
50KB, 480x662px
So I decided to try and run to burn the weight off, im 200 and wanna get down to like 170ish. Anyway I decided to run at 6am every morning. What can I expect, how can i prepare for this? I doubt ill be able to run for a long period of time so it might just be go out run to the end of my street and have to turn around from fatigue.

Is 6am a good time to run or should I hold out and wait until a little later in the day?
>>
>>17982763
stretch before you go

eat a piece of toast with butter

have a full mean after the run

time yourself so you can log your gains

first time around, just run and get a feel for your track without timing yourself

rinse and repeat, i suggest not running more than 3 days in a row as beginner. rest is crucial
>>
>>17982767
Alright that sounds pretty good, hopefully I don't crash and burn lol
>>
>>17982767
What kinda meal would you say is good? Just like some eggs and toast or something?
>>
>>17982763
18 minutes 5k here. Your problem is going to be motivation. I also run in the mornings, it's cool, there's few people out and about, and it's a great way to start my day. However, for a newer runner, waking up is hard, because in the beginning running sucks. However, morning runs are the best runs imo, so I would say go for it.

If you can find a plan to follow (couch to 5k, etc etc) that has always helped me with motivation. If you don't want to do that though, just run until you're tired and then turn around. Good luck dropping pounds, check out the /fit/ sticky for great info on weight loss.
>>
>>17982774
I love eggs and toast after a run. Cereal and oatmeal are both great too. If you want to drop weight, you're probably going to be counting calories? Check out the /fit/ sticky if you haven't already
>>
>>17982763
Everyone is different, so don't 'expect' anything - but figure out how far/fast you can run and gradually increase this at your own pace.
'Your own pace', however, is not synonymous with how comfortable you want to be.

Learn from each run and be consistent with how frequently you run.

Last January I was running 4k's and by mid-October I was able to run a marathon by following this general advice.
>>
Running is really shitty exercise and it fucks up your knees and legs.

Do HIIT cardio instead and body weight exercises like planks, push-ups, etc. You will get a way better work out. Running is so shit-tier. I only do it for leisure when it's a nice day outside.
>>
>>17982781
I've found the motivation recently and I am used to waking up at 6am for work so I can do it

>>17982786
Eggs and toast it is, I am trying to count but I need to kick my shitty habits first

>>17982800
I want to build endurance and lose weight while having a nice change of view from what I normal did.
>>
>>17982791
Thats cool, what kinda general advice are you talking about?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.