[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Post new profile pic or song on FB >Barely any likes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1482648347014m.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1482648347014m.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
>Post new profile pic or song on FB
>Barely any likes, if any, despite having 200+ friends
>Post pic or concert video on instagram
>Get no more than 5 likes despite having 100+ followers
>Someone else posts a pic of a donut and get 79 likes

I really never gave a damn about social media, but what gives? I wasn't a popular guy in hs, but goddamn, I'd at least expect some pity likes from family or something.
>>
That sucks, who cares if they don't like it, OP, as long as your happy about posting for yourself?
>>
>Make post pissed off about lack of Facebook likes
>Makes post that only gets 2 posts until it dies

You're just cursed bro.
>>
>>17981886
Do you post a lot. Some people find that annoying.
>>
>>17981886
>Someone else

Tell us more about this super interesting someone else?
>>
>>17981950

I guess young female? Am I right op, did I win anything?
>>
because you post shitty photos
>>
you have to build a cult of personality if you're not hot enough to get likes for nothing
>>
also, do you like other people's posts? the more you like the more you get likes back
>>
>>17981886
Because nobody really knows you
>>
Just because they are your friends or followers doesn't mean the like you or care about the shit you post.
>>
>>17981886
>his hapinness relies on likes

top kek
>>
>>17981945
No. Barely.

>>17981970
Howd you know? And most of the people liking weren't thirsty dudes, but other girls.

>>17982002
No, unless they don't have a lot of likes, in which case I give a pity like.
>>
>>17981886

Why do you care about likes? When I post songs nobody likes them but then when I meet them IRL they comment on my music taste.
>>
>>17981886
Just get out of kikebook.
Its a waste of time.
>>
>>17982055
youre getting filtered by facebook because nobody cares about what you post so they dont make money off you. share advertisements that you think are 6/10 looking products or better. like posts that make you laugh a bit or make you read the whole thing and somewhat agree. the more active you are the more active they will be back because the more money you make facebook the more they will tout you to your friends.

when it comes to insa i dont know for sure but the concepts are probably similar, focus on the photography aspect of it more (as in take better photos not more utilitarian photos) and like more photos that you like mildly.

lower your standards for liking and commenting because interacting with people is how you get them to interact with you. think about it, if someone likes a selfie you post, theres a good chance youll go check out their profile so theres a chance youll like their stuff. its a cycle.

popular internet people get popular with a combonation of four different things. firstly and least importantly, being attractive; secondly, having good content (for facebook and insta: good pictures and funny posts); thirdly, selling out (sharing ads); finally and most importantly, interacting with other people.
>>
>>17982055

> Howd you know? And most of the people liking weren't thirsty dudes, but other girls.

Pattern recognition. Literally.
>>
>>17982112

>youre getting filtered by facebook because nobody cares about what you post so they dont make money off you. share advertisements that you think are 6/10 looking products or better. like posts that make you laugh a bit or make you read the whole thing and somewhat agree. the more active you are the more active they will be back because the more money you make facebook the more they will tout you to your friends.

Damn, quality post. I know for a fact, that some dating sites use this kind of algorithms, but is there any evidence of that by facebook?
>>
>have like 95 friends on FB
>literally have met every single one of them
>prob 75% i went to high school
>known them for like 15+ years
>>
>>17982141

...and? You mean that 95 is not enough or what is your point?
>>
>>17982159
hes being an elitist while not realizing hes acting like an old "spooked by the internet" fuck. he thinks its cool. he doesnt get that facebook "friends" are actually just followers and the policy is follow for follow.

>>17982133
>The stories that show in your News Feed are influenced by your connections and activity on Facebook. This helps you to see more stories that interest you from friends you interact with the most. The number of comments and likes a post receives and what kind of story it is (ex: photo, video, status update) can also make it more likely to appear in your News Feed.

t. facebook help.

the algorithms are secret but this basically confirms.
>>
>>17982274

> t. facebook help.

well timed. I wanted to make fb account this year to be more social, but then I realize that I don't really have the time to scroll thru peoples political/relationship etc. thoughts/spam to find something socially useful to me, like some post for an outing/get together.

Studying/gyming/career is more important.

Everything seems like 80% spam, 20% useful. For example there is a local mma gym's facebook: 80% spam 20% useful organisational/social info etc.
>>
>>17982365
You don't have to read the stuff in the news feed, I think barely anyone does.

I just use it for the messenger app which is really handy.
>>
>>17982274
>hes being an elitist while not realizing hes acting like an old "...

I'm implying OP has a bunch of strangers he's seeking validation from. It's pretty stupid to give a shit about what people you've never met think about something you post. I guarantee OP doesn't actually know all 200 of those people. The same goes for the whores, male or female, with 500-1000+ friends and get 100+likes. It's pretty vain and frankly pointless. So it makes you feel better? Then that's pretty sad to rely on FB likes. Because it sure as hell doesn't get you any further in life.
>>
>>17982433

dunno, you have XX years of public schooling, extracurriculars, summer jobs, normal jobs, hobbies, friends from parties, family etc. 200 friends, each of them you've met in real life. that's pretty normal for a normalfag.

Dunno why people seem to show of their romantic partners, or that they went out somewhere two times last 30 days etc. on facebook. That's all pretty basis minimum for 80% of society. Nothing to be proud of, just meeting the bare minimum.
>>
>>17982562
basic*
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.