[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

9 weeks ago lost my GF of 4 years due to an OD. This woman was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1479690808215.jpg (408KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1479690808215.jpg
408KB, 1200x1600px
9 weeks ago lost my GF of 4 years due to an OD. This woman was my everything, and now life seems bleak. Not suicidal by any means but have nothing to live to work for, if that makes sense? My brother convinced me to work out with him but all that does is just make me more emotional and I ugly cry for a good hour after each work out. Also I don't know if it is depression or what but I just want to eat all the time even if I just ate, it is a constant struggle not to. I keep losing stuff that is hers which makes it harder. I have found some one in a similar situation and she has told me it just gets a little easier but this will be a life long struggle. So please /adv/ how do I find something else to work towards so my life feels like it has meaning? How does one get over the heart ache when I feel I have been robbed of so many experiences in life?

Pic is us when we first started dating when I was more active and we just finished a Tough Mudder.
>>
>>17981094
>due to an OD
wtf she doesn't seem like a drug user

Sorry man. I've never been through this but each person has a different mental fortitude, you and the other girl are different, don't be too pessimistic. Believe that one day you will get over it. Join some book club, jogging, gym, cycle between those things.
>>
>>17981094

Sorry to hear that man, I can't imagine a more miserable point in someones life then to lose their loved one. All you can do is soldier on as you have been, keep her in your heart and take her with you for the rest of your life's journey. She would want you to have an amazing life and to find happiness again so I would devote my life to doing just that. Travel and see the world, help those in need, make new friendships etc.

If there's anything she always wanted to do or see you can do that in her place too.
>>
>>17981094
Jesus, that's powerful.

>So please /adv/ how do I find something else to work towards so my life feels like it has meaning?

Don't worry about it, that comes to you after a while. Right now you need to literally bathe in the pain of losing her, it's normal and it really does get easier.

>How does one get over the heart ache when I feel I have been robbed of so many experiences in life?

As I said, mourn all you need to and don't try to force distraction on yourself. I know it's not the best advice but looking back in a few years from now you will know that right now there is nothing more important for you than to fully compute that she is gone.
>>
File: 1438860049016.jpg (45KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438860049016.jpg
45KB, 360x480px
>>17981148
That's what my family said, they thought she was just anorexic. I thought I was mentally strong but the last few weeks I was with her I was ready to leave as I had to bring her back at least 6+ times. And it still kills me that I was willing to give up on the woman I loved.

>>17981218
I started planning to visit people that actually loved her for who she was. Her family was the worst kind of people. Judgmental bible belt type people. They thanked me for loving her the way she was, as if she was garbage. It's heart breaking she didn't get true love from her family.

>>17981247
I feel if I sit around waiting for this to compute and fully sink in it will be too late. I have already gained 20 lbs in 9 weeks. It will only get tougher from here. And due to the way I was raised I find it hard to deal with feelings let alone talk to others about them. And when I do talk to people about what was going on all they want is details, and I am here to tell you those details get dark as hell and I wish I didn't know them.
>>
>>17981299
She was addicted to meth or some other kind of stimulant?
>>
>>17981299

You are talking abou tit now, regardless of the way you were raised.

As for gaining weight, start taking walks to distract yourself from hunger/joyeating or do something. You are the only one who can pull you out of your own misery. What helps me is to get stuff like eat clean&exercise/no drugs or booze in order first.

I don't mean 'wait' for it to compute, I mean work it out. If that means thinking the same stupid or dark or depressing thought again every five minutes, so be it. It will go away/fade somehow.

>people want details
They want to look inside you because you lived something they don't understand, it's natural voyeurism, I'd say.

Being sad is more than normal. Hell, I'd drink two weeks in a row. What really makes it tough to get out of these situations is feelings of guilt/things unsaid etc and I hope for you that you can cope with them.
>>
Hold on to every moment the pain feels like it's subsided, even for a second, and build on it. Remind yourself of those little pockets of time where you feel a flicker of life when you feel your mood dipping and use them as a foundation by which you will gain momentum.

You're a good man, OP. I hope you'll get through this and re-emerge an even better person.
>>
>>17981094
Find a girl that isn't a druggie and this won't happen
>>
>>17981094
What city are you in?
>>
>>17981358
Not OP but I would knock you the fuck out if I could see you right now.
>>
>>17981408
Tough guy.

OP and his fatty druggy gf isn't coming back kek
>>
>>17981358
>>17981408
>>17981413
The fuck is wrong with all of you
>>
>>17981413
Why are you here?
>>
>>17981358
A little harshly stated, but it's true.

OP, I suggest finding a grief counselor. You need someone who can give you steps that work for you--catered to who you are. 4chan can't do that, because no one here knows you. A counselor is better equipped to evaluate who you are and what will help you through this.

And seriously, do not get mixed up with people who abuse substances. Ever again. This is what people mean when they post those obnoxious "drugs hurt everyone" memes on Facebook. Because it's true. Never get attached to anyone who abuses substances. Use this as a turning point in the way you approach future relationships.
>>
it is good she is dead. she looks like a leftie. hippycunt
>>
>>17981358
I agree with anon. He was dating her dope not her anyway. At least she didn't take some innocent with her like drunk drivers do.
>>
>>17981429
This is true. I actually through recovery and I stopped making friends with others in recovery because every week was "This person relapse, or this person OD'ed"

It's depressing and takes it's toll. Some of them make it their identity and can't do anything but attend NA or AA meetings.
>>
Hurts to know even more when she was probably prostituting herself for the drugs.
>>
File: 1364790942160.jpg (43KB, 576x406px) Image search: [Google]
1364790942160.jpg
43KB, 576x406px
>>17981448
>>
>>17981408
Watch out guys we got a badass over here.

Maybe if op hadn't been her fucking enabler she'd still be alive. Nice job asshole.
>>
>>17981448
exactly, who knows how many degrading things she did and with whom
>>
>>17981474
>>17981480
Go back to b, edgy teenagers
>>
>>17981503
Does it hurt OP? Does it hurt to know she was being spitroasted by Tyrone and Jamal for another hit while you thought she was out shopping?
>>
>>17981503
try responsible adult
>>
>>17981512

Not op, but you really need help for yourself if this is how u spend your time.
You should make yourself a thread.
Why are you so angry anon?
>>
>>17981549
I'm quite happy. I'm helping OP out. He needs to not make this mistake again
>>
That picture is like those weight loss commercials, the before and the way before
>>
I am >>17981503 , and I am not OP
>>17981549
This. Where's your empathy? I bet my balls you wouldn't say this in front of OP's face. What is your problem that you have to discharge all your anger on Op? Seriously, doing like that makes me think you're a 17 yo whose parents just divorced or something. I mean, your attitude communicates that.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.