[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to enjoy a concert alone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
Hey. So I've been trying to get out more lately, so I found this concert for a band I wanted to go to. Got a ticket, but no one else I know listens to my type of music enough to go with me (punk rock), so it looks like I'm going alone. Just a little worried about feeling lonely or shitty the whole time, especially since certain shit has flared up in my life the last few days (feelings for my ex etc).

So TL;dr: Any advice for a single, 21 year old kind of awkward but likeable and decently good looking guy to enjoy going to a concert alone? It's a medium-small venue.

In a similar vein of question... How do you pick up a girl at a concert, if I see someone I'm digging? Would be cool to meet a chick with similar taste in tunes, and I'm good with people, but never really tried to pick a girl up before. Especially not at a loud concert.
>>
I'd really appreciate some advice or motivation on this.
>>
Make friends in the line on your way in. And immediately start drinking once youre in
>>
>>17980210
I met my bestfriend at a concert. I went there alone and he was also alone.

Remember, where you're going is full of people with same music taste as you. Find a friendly looking group of friends/person and just go talk about the band, music, their latest album, or just anything. You'll be okay!
>>
>>17981102
What if you don't actually like the kind of music you're going to see? There aren't that many post-avant-jazzcore acts in my town.
>>
>>17981104
Why would you buy tickets and go see a band that you don't like?
>>
>>17981115
Because it's a Saturday night and you feel you have to do something anything?
>>
>>17981119
It doesn't mean that you HAVE to see a band that you don't like on a saturday night. You may just go to a bar alone and find friends there.
>>
>>17981123
What's the point in going to a bar if when you announce yourself with a "good afternoon everybody" nobody shouts back a "Norm!" if not your actual name?
>>
>>17981124
Who the fuck does that, fucks sake dude stop finding excuses, I'm trying to help you.
>>
>>17981128
Are you saying you haven't seen Cheers? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>17981124
I go to my neighborhood dive maybe 20 times a year and the owner and bartenders know my name and greet me. Go someplace everyday and and they'll shout your name.
>>
>>17981132
I do not have the time to watch series/films, sorry bout that
>>
I went to see my favorite band by myself a few times. Basically, once the show starts you're so into what's going on you're not going to give a shit about anything else. It's not lonely, trust me. In fact I'm glad no one I knew was there to see me screaming and singing along and stuff. If you are into the music you're gonna have a great time. You don't need anyone else. Also, get to the venue early and make friends waiting in line.
>>
I had a period when I moved to a new city where I went out alone constantly, it was great, I always met new people and those people are now my long time friends. To be honest I kind of miss going out alone.

Best way is to get a few drinks in if you are anxious and just enjoy the music, sooner or later you will come into contact with someone, the few sentences you exchange are important since people will judge you entirely on these.

I always made sure to smile and crack a joke about the current situation we're in (waiting in line for the bathrooms best way to make friends lol), or when dancing with people you comment on how good they are and laugh. People are WAY more approachable than they appear, very VERY much more than they appear.

Usually when people ask who you're with and you say you're alone they will ve that much more inclined to ask you to hang out with them (happens more often than not) and after that just be relaxed and fun and things will flow naturally.
>>
>>17981104
>>17981119
>>17981124
>>17981132
This isn't op btw my thread has been hijacked o no

OP here lurking for tips, I appreciate the little ideas and stuff.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.