[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come you see so many average guys who have very cute girlfriends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: tsuruko.jpg (109KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
tsuruko.jpg
109KB, 1080x1349px
How come you see so many average guys who have very cute girlfriends?

What's their secret?
>>
>>17979351

You got it wrong, they're not average.
>>
Average girls are p qt to heterosexuals, especially with makeup in the mix.

Also males only need to meet a baseline level of attractiveness for a mate anything more is only good for gravy and causing trouble
>>
Relationships are, on average, most happy for both people when the woman is more attractive than the man.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18266540/
>>
>>17979412
I don't believe that's true. I think it's just psychological pressure developed needlessly due to the abundance of potential mates now a days. But I think most people would marry their biologically accurate sexual opposite if they met that person. There is simply more chemistry dating someone like you. If anything a woman would date a fatter guy than her, or an uglier guy than her, out of intimidation by actual compatibility, and thinking that settling for less is a guarantee he wont cheat, which is an impulsive fear driven approach, an emotional and ultimately very feminine approach..
>>
>>17979521
I actually heard a study about this on a Spanish radio station. Women dating below their league to guarantee commitment. A sad thing really, but sure a lot of those couples know they appreciate their union.
>>
File: 1483421263169.jpg (41KB, 326x296px) Image search: [Google]
1483421263169.jpg
41KB, 326x296px
>>17979550
>Women dating below their league to guarantee commitment
I see men do it too. Women definitely do it more often though. I'm actually trying to remember the name of some movie, where exactly that happens. The guy is dating some girl out of his league and gets shit over it, turns out she was dating down because her ex cheated on her. But it's ok because they found ~TRUE LOVE~.
>>
If you're a heterosexual male, you're not in a position to accurately gauge how attractive another male is, and therefore you have no idea whether these guys really are average
>>
>>17979557
Meh. If they're happy.. all that matters. What concerns me really is the fear angle, not so much the physical.
>>
>>17979351
it's all about chemistry. as long as you aren't genuinely ugly chemistry makes up for 2-3 points.
so average looking (5) + chemisty (3) == 8/10 in the eyes of the partner
>>
>>17979604
then why are phd chemistry students so miserable?
>>
>>17979604
Physical attraction to similar features is natural chemistry though, both having blue or brown eyes, brown or red hair, etc. Even albinos enjoy dating other albinos, it's not a standard, but it's there, and considering how rare they are, odds don't add up.
>>
>>17979351

Attraction is subjective, girls probably see a bunch of "hot" guys with "average" girls too.
>>
>>17979521
>I don't believe that's true

Well, I don't know what to tell you. It's a well-documented phenomena. There's another pretty significant study from UCLA that reinforces the findings. Whatever the mechanism is, the results are the same.
>>
>>17979550
>>17979557

Just as often I think it's because some guys have no idea what their league even is.
>>
>>17979680
hmm.. well, it's definitely in conflict with the study about lower standards to prevent infidelity.

Ironically, I was raised in a country where marrying an ugly woman was a male commentary for the very same reasons, an ugly woman was essentially guaranteed to love you more, cook better, etc.. And also the masculine standard was never idealized in terms of beauty, but that a man should be rough, tough, and uglier than a woman. Essentially that people should be useful, not attractive.

But I've kinda proven with my own experiences that people seem to be intimidated by sameness.. and yet, sameness is what builds trust, expands families, strengthens communities, etc.
>>
>>17979693
good point..

I dunno.. I think this is too superficial an argument frankly. I tend to look for qualities in women beyond their interests anyway. Surely plenty of others are looking for qualities, speaking in unisex terms.
>>
>>17979702
Which study is that? It sounds interesting.

Of course human attraction and relationships are incredibly complex, and I hypothesize you're experiences about similarity are probably supported. If they went into more detail, I think they would probably find that overall, compared to the total population, people choose partners more close in attractiveness than not, but at the same time, between the partners, the relative physical attractiveness tends to lean towards the woman in the couple.
>>
>>17979702
I agree with this in a way. I dated a few guys before, but some of them really put a lot of effort in their looks which made me feel like a man in the relationship. I wasn't even actively looking for that type of guy, we just have many of them in my country. When I met my partner of three years I told him he had to be more disgusting than me, and so he was.

It's not a fine love story, we just clicked better, for his looks, most would call him handsome but for me is equal with looks. I don't feel lesser or more with him, I think we work out just right.
>>
>>17979351

because confidence is more important than looks to women
>>
>>17979351
they dont browse an anonymous anime board full of autistic virgins
>>
Falling for the make-up meme so easy!

WeW laaaddss

Watchaut for that bely!
>>
>>17979351
Big peepee
>>
>>17979604
+ great personality (2) = 10/10
>>
>>17979351
Value outside of looks
>>
>>17979351
Charm, wit, humor, not treating them as some super special unicorn and trying to relate to them as a human.
>>
>>17980430
hehe
>omg so gross and veiny
>moist
All most every girl ever
>>
>>17979883
Does this mean I, a handsome American who likes to work out, would be able to bring home a nice Dutch girl home?
>>
>>17980430
Rare peepee
>>
>>17979351
I'm better looking than my boyfriend.

He is fun and we laugh a lot. He is interesting to talk to and very smart, just yesterday he came over and we spent 12 hours talking.
He treats me better than any other guy ever did. He is very kind to me, and loving, and sweet.
And the sex is amazing.
>>
>>17979613
I second this. PhD chemistry student demanding answers
>>
>>17980539
>I'm better looking than my boyfriend.
whoa slow down princess
>>
>>17980869
I am honest. I objectively am better looking than him.
It's not a terrible insult or anything, I think he's attractive and I never liked a guy more than him. I've been dating him for 6 years. If it was a huge deal to me, I wouldn't be with him.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.