[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I need help choosing a degree Thing is, I have no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1481097175854.png (37KB, 500x938px) Image search: [Google]
1481097175854.png
37KB, 500x938px
Hello /adv/, I need help choosing a degree
Thing is, I have no passions or interests, no drive, and I'm not good at anything (bad at maths, have bad memory, no creativity, etc).
I live in a "literally who" town in Europe, and my parents are forcing me to go to University. They're right. I want a degree too, but given the premises I made before I don't know what the fuck to pick (other than kms)
What do? Please respond
>>
>>17978877
>I need help choosing a degree
No, you need to take time off and do something else before you go and study so you don't waste time and money
>>
>>17978877
This list is fucking stupid and made by those typical wagie STEM cucks who literally only have their job as a personality trait

Some liberal arts degrees (especially music and English) can take you a long way, and any of those are more respectable than fucking computer science aka corporate bitch: the degree.

Just do what you fucking want. I know you said you have no creativity but think about what jobs you'd find least objectionable in life, since your degree is basically job training. But it's also worth noting that you may not even use your degree in the future.

So tldr, do whatever you want. Almost all degrees have some high paying jobs you can land with them, and don't be scared off by STEM only faggots, especially if you'd like job options outside of 9-5s. Also, I was under the impression from some of my Austrian friends that euros pick their career path at age 12, is that not the case in your country?
>>
>>17978877
Whoever made that chart is a fucking retard
>>
>>17978881
Something else like what? I don't think that'd fix even partly, the issue. Because I'd feel like that would be wasting my time as well, that I could put into my education instead

>>17978972
Yeah I've seen a shitton of those pictures but I can't tell if they're trolling or not, I'm unsure because degrees like Engineering seem to be in high demand so you have high employability, and they're really adaptable degrees, you could do whatever you want with them. Also read that about computer science, and in other places that it's a meme degree that puts you in a saturated job market. I don't know, but I feel like degrees in like say, Languages, CS, Music and the like are more sort of "hobbies", not in the sense that they're easy to study, but meaning that you could be autoditact and learn them from home, because there's more resources for them. But maybe I'm just ignorant on the subject and talking out my ass
And yeah you sort of pick your career path at that age, that's more or less when you start highschool. Basically every highschool "focuses" on something: art, literature, maths and sciences, languages, cooking and so on (I went to a languages one). But honestly looking back, it's not really an important choice and doesn't really matter. Your uni course does. Anyone from any highschool can attend the course they want, but yeah the people who continue in University what they chose in highschool have a headstart on everyone else
>>
>>17978877
I'm doing pure math and I'm proud of it but this pic seems like it was made by someone with very little exposure to academia.
>>
>>17979030
>Something else like what? I don't think that'd fix even partly, the issue.
Anything. Volunteering, any job you can get, learning some skill on the side

>Because I'd feel like that would be wasting my time as well, that I could put into my education instead
No, you'd be building up a skillset. It'd be a waste of time to go and start studying something, and maybe even finish it, and realise at some point that you don't like it and couldn't stand working in that field for the rest of your life. That is especially so if you choose to study STEM because your major doesn't really teach you transferable skills. Liberal arts give you flexibility, but they generally don't directly lead into a career pathway.
>>
>>17978877
Do business. As long as you can talk to people, can do the most basic math, and learn a little Excel, you will have to do barely any work and get paid a lot
>>
>>17978972
>wagie STEM cucks who literally only have their job as a personality trait
lol that's a lot of anger there, friend.
The chart is definitely not meant to be taken seriously though. You can measure employability but respectability depends on perspective, delusion and ego.
>>
>>17978877
Politician. That's the best career for you. But I would watch out for Trump if you live in America, because he will drain the swamp.
>>
>>17978877
Have you ever think to be a teacher or a pedagogist?
That degree changed my life.
>>
>>17979219
Not him but how exactly did that change your life? I'm curious
>>
>>17978877

> I have no passions or interests, no drive
That's the recipe for failure anon.

If are not interesting, then sooner or later you will quit.

>>17978881
Agree. You need to find something that stimulates you, willpower just doesn't work
>>
OP you should take some time to travel and work abroad. That's what people have been doing for centuries to get to know themselves before starting life, you can read about it everywhere in literature.

Just sign up on some network like helpx, that's what I used: I was stuck in my studies at the uni, I went to be a dog-sitter in Tyrol for 6 months and it has changed my life. Find some place which inspires you, plan it (it can be incredibly cheap, I even managed to earn and save some money) and go: you're going to surprise yourself.
>>
>>17978877
Chase ur dreams be what u love follow ur heart and intuition and don't worry about what others think...... Like Steve jobs
>>
>>17979448
>That's what people have been doing for centuries

That's what rich people have been doing for centuries you entitled fuck.
>>
>>17979458

You're probably thinking of the Grand Tour, but poor people have always moved to get apprenticeships and learn valuable skills, or just to seek their fortune. That's just for inspiration though, nowadays you can do the same thing for cheap if you plan it.

I couldn't afford to fuck around with my parents' money so I had to find another option, and this workaway allowed me to do precisely that. If you live in Europe is even easier because you can move to another country in a few hours by train.
>>
>>17978972
>This list is fucking stupid and made by those typical wagie STEM cucks who literally only have their job as a personality trait

Made me lol. Never have I seen something more beautifully worded.
>>
>aerospace engineering
>god tier
>>
>>17978877
imo medicine costs way too much and is getting somewhat replaced by cheaper labor. Should just get wrapped up into Primary Care in Good Tier which I know is not very intuitive but trust me it works. I think it is literally equal to the various assistants and nurses out there and is now a pure prestige call.

Dentistry is Elder God Tier its just ridiculous what you can do with it, you can make your own business or work for someone else and if you make your own business you can make a million dollars a year. Invisalign or cosmetic is especially insane.

Biology is stupid overrated, nobody gets a job with that anymore. Its basically like veiled Pre-Med.

Law is just okay but should be modified to Good if in Latin America or Europe.

Trade Criminology for Food. At least with Food you can get famous and respected as a master, make cookbooks and can work in some pretty awesome places if you get famous.

Nobody respects Criminology and it has the worst Law School scores. You can become a cop or a prison guard, who wants to be a cop in 2017 and have some antifa asshole throw a brick in your face?
>>
File: i sing.png (296KB, 320x830px) Image search: [Google]
i sing.png
296KB, 320x830px
>tfw engineer
>tfw no one respects me anyway
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.