[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Scrolling thru job postings online... >HOW >FUCKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: feel_crying.png (58KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feel_crying.png
58KB, 645x773px
>Scrolling thru job postings online...
>HOW
>FUCKING
>BORING

I do not want a job like that.. general labor, construction, cashier.. how fucking boring man

What do I do? I live in an expensive coastal city on the west coast of the USA and only have 6K in savings... also I am currently homeless and trying to get my life together since i do not want to waste another year doing NOTHING. help me help myself.

In an ideal reality, I would find a proper camper van and live out of that but thats not really an option with the money I have. I would also ideally love to get an apartment but also cannot afford that.. where the fuck do I start? I have a skilled trade btw but have to work towards my license - which will not happen immediately.
>>
>>17978773
You care more about being bored than being homeless. Lol wtf suck it up.
>>
ask bill gates for some money, the media always says that hes so generous
>>
>>17978782
I just do not know how to embrace society, why should I have to spend my days working for someone else and get paid min wage.. I need some ideas!
>>
>homeless
>I want an interesting job
What fucked up priorities
>>
>>17978802
>why should I have to spend my days working for someone else and get paid min wage

Uh start your own business then.
>>
>>17978802
Used to be a roofer to support myself. Lived in a shitty little cockroach box for $300/month. Life was shit. But today, I'm unemployed and live in my moms house, cuz she didn't want me living in the street. I would work the same shit job today to make ends meet, but they never called back. Life ain't fair, anon. $100 a day is what I used to earn for manual labor under the Sun for 10+ hours.

JUST... put a drank in ma hand.

https://youtu.be/R03Xakd91Xw
>>
>>17978802
If you're homeless and running out of savings, I don't think you're really in a place where you can turn down jobs because muh principles
>>
>>17978826
Minimum wage is actually that low that it wastes your time to work for them.

You don't build up a buffer of savings by working there. You're in a dead end that you can't escape.

You're not thinking this through.

Not him by the way. I don't think I should have to say this, but people don't just argue with arguments.
>>
>>17978860
>You don't build up a buffer of savings by working there.
No, probably not, but it's going to mean that OP doesn't deplete the savings he DOES have

>You're in a dead end that you can't escape.
No you're not. There's nothing stopping you from applying for jobs while you're working there.

Like you said, people don't just argue with arguments. I'm not telling OP to get any fucking job for the sake of it.
>>
>>17978875
>No you're not. There's nothing stopping you from applying for jobs while you're working there.
Both jobs I had in the past added too much stress to the already stressful jobhunting process, and made it impossible.

It's really telling that people say 'minimum wage is just for teenagers brooooo' and then go silent as a churchmouse when it's pointed out that teenagers are meant to be saving for college, and with current tuition and current minimum wage there's no one can possible save up for the other.

Sanity has to be considered a property in this conversation, and a shitty enough minimum wage job can take that away from you. Don't just do 'any' work because it's work.
>>
The """interesting""" work you're romanticizing is just specialized work and is equally as boring anyway. Skilled workers get jobs where they apply said skills. Having that amount of money I'd say look for an apprenticeship or trade school program at the closest junior college if an interesting job is the biggest priority. If you don't want to spend the money you have on educating yourself on a skillset, then quit your bitching and get busy working a retail job where you can work your way upwards to managerial or executive shit.
>>
>>17978890
I paid off my entire degree's worth of tuition working a minimum wage job.

Not sure what college tuition has to do with anything when OP is homeless either. He needs a place to live and a way to afford it first and foremost, or did you miss that?
>>
>>17978902
>I paid off my entire degree's worth of tuition working a minimum wage job.
When, fuckface.

When was this?
>>
>>17978910
I finished at the end of last year. I'm currently doing a short course (again, paid for using my savings from my job).

Sage because it has nothing to do with this thread
>>
>>17978915
What did classes cost. And what was your minimum wage?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.