[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live by the idea that I should never text first. The main reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170109_103715.jpg (4MB, 4640x3480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170109_103715.jpg
4MB, 4640x3480px
I live by the idea that I should never text first. The main reason is that I may seem clingy or obnoxious.

Is this a good rule to live by?
When should I make exceptions?

Also, general communication thread.

Pic unrelated, a BSOD.
>>
>>17978705
Are you guy or a girl?
>>
>>17978705
As long as it's something like "hi how are you" and not on a daily basis, you're ok.
>>
I think texting habits cant be rules to live by, no matter how good they are. And yours is stupid, it pretty much makes it impossible for you to initialize contact. Might as well never talk to people, what if they think you're clingy and obnoxious? If you feel like texting someone do it, if they see you as clingy or obnoxious because of it too bad, move on.
>>
>>17978711
Guy
>>
>>17978705
I hate people like you which includes maybe 90% of people I know under 25. Its annoying as fuck to be closer than acquaintances with someone who never puts in effort to stay in contact. Really makes one feel unwanted. I would say its more obnoxious to assume that everyone should be keeping up with you like youre the King.
>>
>>17978721
If you're man, don't ever text first. Make the women come to you. Make it worth their while when they do though.
>>
>>17978719
Yeah, I get that entire moving on part, but, with the risk of sounding like a whiny little bitch, I fear rejection for the most part, as well as the fact that I choose not to interpret "signals" from women since I've had my share of misinterpretation. Idk, it's just the best way for me to not fuck up whatever reputation I might have in a certain social circle, but the argument of being overprotective is also not to be ignored.
>>
>>17978727
Well, if I see that someone is actually willing to have a meaningful conversation with me, I'd gladly talk with them, but otherwise I think in the following way: if I am necessary to someone, they know my FB, they should approach me first. Also, I don't want to seem like that loner who needs to talk with other people... Not that it improves my situation in society, but rather it leaves less of an impression.

And I could start talking about how a lot of women treating men with disrespect is the reason that I have become like that, but then I'd just be finding excuses instead of accepting my own imperfections.
>>
>>17978746
Fuck you. I've dropped friends like you because they couldn't be arsed to ever initiate. I feel like I'm being obnoxious when I have to be the one 100% of the time. You deserve to die alone.
>>
>>17978757
I fucking feel you, I've been dating this girl and every time I have to text first, she says she likes me but fucking Christ I wouldn't mind getting asked how my day was every once in a while so I don't look desperate
>>
>>17978757
Hold on, why are you so aggressive?

Look, man, idk, it's just that I've been pissed off lately at just about everyone since from my point of view just about no one wants to be around me or to talk to me. Whenever I start talking to someone, by their third response they have already started with the one word, no details whatsoever answers. I believe that this is a cue to shut the fuck up, and so I do. It's not my fault that people give off the impression that they don't give a flying fuck about my existence, and I accept that.
>>
>>17978768
Yeah, I see where you're coming from, especially the part about not looking desperate. IMO contacts should be more face to face, instead of over the Internet
>>
Ok man i know that you worry about your reputation. But what good does it do to you right now?! If you want to get noticed, if you want people to text you first you got to start trying and making mistakes. Go to you tube and search project go ep 2 i think... If you stay and wait, you wont get hurt but nothing will never happend in your life.
>>
>>17978797
Yeah, I get that being overprotective prevents me from being able to live my life, but currently my reputation is way more important than the fact that I'm feeling horny or the fact that, for example, I may like a girl from a certain social circle attractive, where it seems that the chances of rejections are high, and where with rejection comes negative opinions from others.

And you may say that I shouldn't give a shit about the opinion of others, and you are probably right, but I just can't do it....

Also, everything along with the fact that I get very annoyed at certain behavioral characteristics that girls my age possess pissed me the fuck off...

I'm one salty, sorry, lonely piece of shit, but even then, I still won't fucking drop dead or stop.

I fucking hate certain things that are around me at all times.
>>
>>17978776
That's their fault, not yours. You're screwing yourself out of any potential genuine friendships by choosing to follow a self-fulfilling, self-pitying rule. Real friends don't make you feel like you don't matter.
>>
>>17978705
Never is too strong, but if you mean a girl you are trying to sex up, she should start it much more often than you, till at least the point where you are close.
If you just mean with friends, it should be 50%
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.