[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Should I convert to Islam for better marriage partners?

I was born and raised a Muslim and left Islam when I was a teen because of "muh no evidence".

Now I've realized that Islam has some perks because it teaches people to be loyal to their partner and a lot of good stuff on marriage and morality (the abuse your wife verse is legitimately out of context and can actually be construed to mean not to beat your wife). Muslim marriages where the man is a good person tend to be the best.

I don't think that I'll actually believe in God, but I think I'd be happier as a "Muslim" and am more likely to find a better marriage partner interested in having kids and a loyal relationship. Is what I'm doing ridiculous and dishonest or am I reasonable for doing this? My family wasn't very religious with no pork, no alcohol being one of the strongest rules and I don't plan on being very religious either.
>>
File: BaconSpaceKitty.jpg (499KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
BaconSpaceKitty.jpg
499KB, 1680x1050px
>>17978480
If you left Islam, how come they didn't behead you?
>>
>>17978488
>>17978488
My parents would never do that even if they knew. They would probably just treat it as foolish.

Also the Qu'ran doesn't say that, the Hadith does. Hadith is "sayings of Muhammad, but a lot of them are rumours and lies. Not only do I encourage people to ignore the Hadith (where most of the crazy stuff comes from), I know people who are very religious but ignore the Hadith.
>>
File: image_7.jpg (155KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image_7.jpg
155KB, 1080x1080px
Tempting o.o
might be practical desu

Arab women are top tier in terms of house wife material compared to western women but they might want to pop out children asap.

But you might open yourself to be seen as hypocritical or disingenuous from your woman.

Overall I think religion serves as a good structure for family life and promotes a lot of success in terms of healthy life style choices. But also ISIS and you're potentially selling a lie to your children who might resent that.

It's got some pros and cons to weigh op
>>
How does the whole finding-a-wife process really go though?

I converted years ago (white American protestant background) since my parents aren't Muslim I can't ask them to help me

Do I literally just ask the Imam to introduce me to girls? I know you meet with her dad supervising, what do you talk about?

I like the IDEA of an ultra-submissive virgin niqabi housewife; lots of kids and no risk of divorce, same things you're thinking about....

But then again why would such a highly desired woman chose either of us over abdullah-chad, You have to think about that too. You have to be good enough for a good woman.
>>
>>17978741
M8, dating with a parent isn't important and is probably bad. I know you're "supposed to" (not sure if that's ordered by Quran or Hadith), but I'd recommend against it unless she wants to. You're trying to get to learn about her, but she doesn't want to tell her dad about some of that stuff. Try to find girls that you know, but the Imam trick might work. Going with a third person might work for first date though.

Also you have to be strong and confident. Work out and be a leader, the Qur'an said that a man is in charge of his woman's safety.
>>
>>17978741
You already made a thread about this and you got a pretty comprehensive answer. Why are you asking this again?
>>
>>17978929
I got one girl's opinion and a bunch of people insulting me

Since OP is obviously familiar with the topic I thought I'd see what he has to say

>>17978923
>but she doesn't want to tell her dad about some of that stuff
yeah that's very true good point

thanks for the help
>>
>>17978929
So people didn't see his thread can give him more answers. I'm not him, but I do that too sometimes.
>>
>>17978480
I want to know more about this subject too.
>>
>>17978480
>Islam
>religion
Pick one
>>
I feel like this is just a myth. I mean people call them "hoejabis" for a reason.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.