[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I move out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: Jday.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jday.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
So I am thinking of moving out, I'm 32, and still live at home, and it would be nice to be on my own and be peaceful also to go on dates, have a place to bring girls too, or hell be able to leave for a date and not have to let anyone know where I am going.

Anyways I make $31,900 a year before taxes.
My bi-weekly check is $826 about after everything gets taken out (401k, medical, dental, taxes) so could I live by myself in an apartment? Studio or 1 bedroom this would be in Bucks County, PA, thinking of around Levittown.

My car is paid off, so I just pay insurance, cell phone is $35, gas is like $20 a week and then other few things,
>>
>>17977997
You can afford a car but not a place to live? Fucking America

Yes you can move out get yourself a studio apartment and grow the fuck up
>>
>>17977997
I just did what you should have done instead of coming here - googled "rentals bucks county pa" and found that 1 br apartments range from about $700 upwards. That would make your rent close to 40% of your take-home income, which is high, but do-able.

Now grow up and do the rest of the work yourself.
>>
>>17977997
Can you get a second part time job? That will be unpleasant.

I'm 35 and make about $40,000k a year before taxes and live in an area that seems similar in price to yours and ugh. It sucks.
>>
>>17978004
>>17978008
Stop telling people to grow up when you know the situation is as shitty as it is.

When you do this, it puts no onus on the roots behind the problems to change. They will just get worse.

I can't believe how many people need to be told this.
>>
I'm living with mom at 31 and have no intention of moving out. Mom is elderly though and needs care, so it sort of works out this way.
>>
Holy fuck boys. Pull your moms tit out of your mouth you've stayed in the nest too fucking long. Time to leave.
>>
>>17978313
There's so little incentive to move out now for a wide swath of people.

This dude for example: >>17978302
That's valid.

Make your point aside from namecalling. It's secondhand embarrassing to watch someone not argue their argument and just shit the bed.
>>
OP here, I want to move out because I need to see if I can make it out on my own, and I crave being able to go home to quietness (well other than people next to me in the apt building)
>>
>>17978022
>>17977997

This, $40,000 is pretty uncomfortable to live on. You will really be scraping by. Maybe get a roommate.

>ib4 people yelling about having a budget, etc

These people have no real life experience where shit comes up and shocks you out of barely maintainable equilibrium.
>>
>>17978372
How the fuck are people alive in this country.

We're not training kids properly whatsoever and it's only getting worse.
>>
33, been living at home for six years after divorce. I make about the same you do before taxes, but have found rent to be overtly expensive. For what you'd pay for a month's rent you could cover a mortgage payment on a home, and you'll never see that money again. But, with a mortgage you're locked into a location and job you may not necessarily want for the next xx years.
>>
>>17978381
Goddamn why is divorce so prevalent.

Can't these harpies just behave.
>>
>>17978378

>How the fuck are people alive in this country.

I have literally starved in a 2nd world country before. Enduring a shitty life for an extended period of time is not impressive.

I can say more, but it's wasted effort. If you enjoy having a shit life that can collapse at any moment, go for it.
>>
>>17978381
>>17978389

>Can't these harpies just behave.

Lolled. But anyway, a lot of people get married out of desperation, so there's that.
>>
>>17978393
Uh, what?

Why are you arguing with me? Did you misread my tone, or what?
>>
>>17978395
Desperation for what?

Anything you want from marriage now, isn't even a given anymore.
>>
>>17978396

My bad. Did misread tone, since we are on here and all.
>>
>>17978389
Marriage is a disposable commodity these days. Now its more of a vehicle for "harpies" (lol), to swindle you out of everything you have.

Luckily, I had no kids, no house, and no cars with the bitch when I left her. About 30k of debt I finally payed off, though. I'd be on my way to an early grave if I'd stayed. So much happier now, but fuck... living on one's own must mean to live in a shit-hole apartment in the ghetto these days. All the good paying industry jobs are gone, wages are grossly disproportionate to the cost of living... how are people alive in this country? Good question... maybe there's a better quality of life elsewhere in the world.
>>
>>17978396
Not him but it came off as you telling him that he and others just don't have their shit together and piss away money.
>>
>>17978395
Yep... that's pretty much what happened. Had to get the hell away from my hyper-controlling, judgmental parents and feel like a had a semblance of a normal person's life going forward. Worked at the time... but, then "she" reared her ugly head...lol.
>>
Nomadic living seems to be getting more popular... may not be the go-to solution for everyone, but I've also thought about investing in a nice fifth wheel, and throwing my would be rent money at that instead. Fraction of the cost and investment of buying a home, after its paid off your rent would be significantly cheaper (depending where you live, I guess). You could travel in it if you had the vehicle to haul it. My friend is convinced there are a lot of gals out there who love the nomadic lifestyle and would be down to live this way.

They might be more carefree and enjoyable than your metropolitan-dwelling socialites who put socioeconomic status above everything else in life.
>>
>>17978412
You've been around shitty sarcastic people for way too long.
>>
>>17978293
I have all the sympathy in the world for OP's emotional and mental limitations. But when you are asking a simple practical question you should know enough to be able to google for the simple practical answers.
>>
>>17978437
It's 4chan dude, I just assume people are being assholes it's not like it's far-fetched to believe people here are dicks.
>>
>>17978450
>It's 4chan dude
I do not give a fuck.
>>
Bump,
So I definitely should move out?
Just be careful and frugal with my money.
>>
>>17978372
Yeah, I used to have a roommate and it was definitely comfortable money-wise. Unfortunately that friendship went south and I didn't have any friends to replace him.

I prefer living alone, except for how expensive it is.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.