[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been having really shitty luck finding jobs in my city.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: clowns..jpg (249KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
clowns..jpg
249KB, 1600x900px
I've been having really shitty luck finding jobs in my city. I use the govt job help finder thing and its useless.
I'm losing motivation to do anything. I feel so fucking stupid. How do I stop myself from being a couch potato neet? I'm 29 I got 2 years warehouse and factory experience but, nowhere is hiring and no I don't want to go to craiglist. It's all scams and stupid bullshit.
>>
>>17977531
Lower your standards in terms of what you're looking for.
>>
>>17977636
Fuck you his standards sound low enough already.

This bullshit apathy is one of the worst parts.
>>
look for what kind of jobs are in demand in your area
figure out which of those are the easiest to do/learn
learn
apply
>>
>>17978740
It stands to reason he's looked for that shit already and lead to him making this thread.
>>
>>17978804
no, he looked for jobs in his "field". What I'm telling him is to figure out what skills are in demand and learn them to have access to a new job market.
>>
Use more than just one source to find a job. I'm looking to upgrade my job right now too and I'm a member of at least 3 websites, and they all have different jobs advertised on them
>>
>>17978811
No he didn't you waterhead.
>>
>>17978825
You're assuming that no one in his area is hiring? In no field?
>>
>>17978811
At no point did he say anything about his field
>>
>>17978835
What the fuck are you arguing about mate? Its implied that he applied for jobs hes used to, thats why I put the quotation marks around the word "field". If you worked your whole life in a warehouse you're not going to apply for accounting jobs.
>>
>>17978847
He doesn't HAVE a field. That's WHY he only has two years of warehouse and factory experience and nothing else at the age of 29. YOU'RE the one who just assumed that he was talking about 'his field'
>>
>>17978847
You are a fucking dipshit dude.

I'm glad you're not coming away with this with the assumption that you helped anyone.
>>
>>17978852
""""""""""""""""field"""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>17978858
Stop responding to people.

You're too dumb.
>>
>>17977531
Go to a temp agency. Be awesome.

I had slow shitty work prospects. They set me up with a company i had a alot of relevant experience for.

They "fired" me to dodge my contract costs and hired me.

Literally making 2k-3k a week after tax right now as we speak.

If you have any worth even a temp agency can lead good places.
>>
>>17978858
What part of 'there is no field' don't you understand? You shouldn't be using the word field at all, quotation marks or otherwise.

I'd be so embarrassed to have a tripcode right now if I were you.
>>
>>17978866
>Go to a temp agency.
What even is that?
>>
>>17978853
>>17978864
Man, what is it about tripcodes that triggers people so badly?

>>17978869
Mate, I told him to broaden his horizons and try to acquire some skills that would make him eligible for the job offers in his area.
But you had some boner for me and you chose to complain about a non-issue and then nitpick on semantics. Who the fuck cares if "field" is not the word there because he doesn't actually have a proper career, only manual labor? The message is easily understandable and you're just looking for reasons to argue. Go eat a bag of dicks, buddy.
>>
>>17978882

An employment center. They contract you out for jobs. Labour positions, office slave jobs, trades.

Companies use them because they can get cheap temporary labour on the fly at no risk because they can just fire shit workers and trade out for a new one..

A lot of companies are going ti these places these days which might be why youre having trouble.

But these companies will buy you from the temp agency if youre any good.

I did a shit labour job but had a good attitude and worked hard so i got bought and now do trades work. Making hella cash.

I mean no offence because its just not talked about enough and people dont realise it, but the economy has totally changed and sending resumes doesnt really work anymore. You need to reform your approach.
>>
>>17978887
I never mentioned a fucking tripcode you moron.
>>
>>17978892
>I mean no offence because its just not talked about enough and people dont realise it, but the economy has totally changed and sending resumes doesnt really work anymore.
This is something I was fearing was true in a way.

It's true about a whole bunch of other things.
'Oh, that doesn't work anymore but no one's talking about it. And it's just getting worse and worse.'

I hate trying to talk about problems with people who haven't had to deal with it in years. Their advice is so fucking depressing.
>>
>>17978899
Yeah man.

Dont feel shitty. I have a uni degree management experience all kinds of technical experience and im a tradesman, and i own my own business (missing one license so my services are limited but im making a bit of side cash anyway..) This is what someone who fights to adapt looks like.

And i have a tonne of trouble finding a job between jobs.

Not being able to find work =/= you suck.

May i make another suggestion?
Go to the library and take out some entrepreneur books. Books are better than google for this shit.

In the age of shit wages and low job availability, your very best option is make your own job. And its very very easy, trust me on that. Its intimidating but once you educated yourself a bit on it you can plan.

You can literally buy an upholstery cleaner and advertise on kijiji that you do interior detailing on cars in peoples driveways. They will buy.

The internet made it super easy for you to advertise.

Keep your head up mate, i got a feeling youll be ok if you dont give up.
>>
>>17978913
>The internet made it super easy for you to advertise.
People have said the internet has made a whole bunch of things 'more easier than ever now' and with some of them, I've found the exact opposite to be true. Online dating for example, completely awful. And that's just one example.

So I am pretty skeptical about this. I've wasted a lot of time following advice in hindsight I should've challenged just a bit more on the surface.

>You can literally buy an upholstery cleaner and advertise on kijiji that you do interior detailing on cars in peoples driveways. They will buy.
For example, I'd never even heard of kijiji before. How has my target consumer heard of it?
>>
>>17979056

Because when people want something theyll check for cheaper service which comes on kijiji. You can undercut major companies because all the money is going to you.

It works best if youre in a populated area.

If yoy havent heard of kijiji you may be from another country because ive heard its less known outside of canada (and maybe the states) but there must be some outlet that lets you reach large customer bases. Heck even newspaper classifieds.

I do pest control. I posted an ad and had to take it down because my inbox got flooded and most jobs require that one license i dont have. But i took a few and just 4 customers nets me $1000.

Business isnt like online dating because people are seriously judging you on every aspect of your life in every way.

For business its "who does this thing and how much." they dont care how attractive and interesting you are and if they can see themselves using you for decades.

Just "can you fix my problem."

Like i said, i cant explain enough details to make you confident.

The only advice i want you to take is go to the library and get some books on entrepreneurship and startups and read cover to cover.

I guarantee your attitude will change.
>>
>>17978723
I graduated with a science degree as a older person (25) and went from looking for data analysis or lab jobs to taking anything I can get. Within a few months I got hired as a temporary receptionist at a dental place. Now I work doing nightfill at a supermarket. OP needs to get over himself.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.