[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Get Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1478443135220.jpg (24KB, 395x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1478443135220.jpg
24KB, 395x500px
Alright so I'm 22 and have always been skeletor mode body all my life. Never really had any direction in life and merely coasted by, not caring about anything. I'm getting out of my severe depression finally and want to improve myself by actually working out and gaining muscle so I'm not embarrassed to wear a t-shirt/shorts in public.
I used to have 0% confidence and 0% motivation.
Now I'm all fired up and ready to go.

My problem is the gym. In addition to depression I also of course have a little anxiety. Just the thought of being in a gym with all these dude bro meat heads mocking me and making fun of me and judging me is sparking up my anxiety and really holding me back from going to the gym.

My question is how the fuck do I man up and not give a shit about other people? All my life I am constantly worried about what other people think of me and I just can't seem to disconnect that part of my brain. Is there any advice to be offered to help me out in this situation?

I'm so close to actually starting my life.

Don't know if I should be posting this here or on /fit/ but whatever.
>>
>>17976788
/fit/ here. Why the fuck would I careNo one caresabout you or me in the gym. No one. The jacked dude bros are focused on their workout. That's why they look good and you don't. So you should go there and focus on your workout too.
>>
Dude you don't even need to go to a gym to get fit. I spent the summer st the ocean and used a sand pail as my weights and the sand itself as resistance. I gained five lbs of muscle weight. Use what's around you. Do some research. Gym memberships aren't necessary. Seriously.
>>
>>17976822
I don't know I just feel like they'll see me using shit like 1lb weights and scoff and say shit to me about it.

>>17976839
Yeah I tried to do the whole "work out at home" thing but I never got the motivation to do it more than 10 minutes. I want to get out of the house to do it so I don't have any excuses to slack off. Plus I have a buddy that owns my local YMCA so I have a free membership anyway + trainer for a couple days.
>>
physical stuff is easy. i could lift all day if that were my interest.

anyway, buy some free weights and a bench, work out at home. do calisthenics too. take creatine and make sure you eat enough, although from your post, it sound like you already do.
>>
scratch that last remark about already eating enough. if you're skeletor, then buy protein powder, but try to get most of your protein from food
>>
>>17976788
OP, gym dudes are the most welcoming people I've ever seen, I was a 114 lbs skeletor (still a skeletor but a 132 lbs one) and nobody every mocked me.
As long as you don't do some weird shit like doing neck exercises with a leg machine, you're gonna be okay. If you mess up your exercise, they'll be more likely to correct you than laugh at you.
>>
>>17976917
I really don't know shit about anything physical, but I'm going to lurk /fit/ and it's sticky for a little to get educated.

>>17976923
This is actually very comforting to hear, thanks. Hope I get the same experience
I'm ~120lbs currently. How long did it take you to gain that weight?
>>
>>17976788
It was during 4 months of overeating, its kinda hard but I've got to do what I got to do.

But I started a program for skinny guys a week ago and it seems promising (if it won't I still can get my money back anyway) and I gained like 2 to 5 pounds during this week. (because of the scale inconsistency)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.