[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meeting and talking to qts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 1482211026295.jpg (181KB, 1300x867px) Image search: [Google]
1482211026295.jpg
181KB, 1300x867px
I'm 25 yrs old

In my program there are no girls and in my work its only old spinsters and married women.

How do I meet cute asian girls? I see a lot in my university, it just seems uncanny to randomly go up to them.

At the same time, I don't like the bar/club scene.

Where do I meet cute short women?
>>
>>17976635

>it seems uncanny to randomly go up to them

do you know what uncanny is?

>i refuse to use socially acceptable ways to meet women

then just go up and talk to them
>>
>>17976636
>uncanny
strange

>then just go up and talk to them

How do I do this without seeming like wanting a date or anything? My techqniue is usually to get to know them but isn't strange that a young man is trying to talk a young woman out of nowhere?
>>
>>17976644

adjective
having or seeming to have a supernatural or inexplicable basis; beyond the ordinary or normal; extraordinary:
uncanny accuracy; an uncanny knack of foreseeing trouble.
mysterious; arousing superstitious fear or dread; uncomfortably strange:
Uncanny sounds filled the house.

not just strange. im thrown off because you're using it in a way that uncanny isn't really used, on a hypothetical, when its generally used more on scenarios that have actually happened. like oyu can't just say 'that person is uncanny', if you catch my drift. or 'doing that is uncanny'. its more used to describe something that has happened taht you can't quite explain, something that feels like more than coincidence
>>
>>17976644

>how do i do this without seeming like wanting a date or anything

but you do want a date...

>my technique is usually to get to know them but isn't strange that a young man is trying to talk to a young woman out of nowhere

no, thats pretty much the fabric of their lives
>>
>>17976648
i did use it as adjective, by describing going up to them as uncanny. Anyway stop being a nazi you understood my meaning.

>>17976651

>but you do want a date...

so whats my cold approach to a random student then?

>no, thats pretty much the fabric of their lives

What do you mean the fabric of their lives?

They wont think its strange?

Fwiw, Ive only ever go to talk to friends of friends, so cold approaches is very rare for me unless I am drunk
>>
>>17976660

>i did use it as an adjective

sure, but not appropriately. i didnt misunderstand anything, you just used it in a weird way.

for me to say in an 'uncanny' way would be wrong. thats not the definition.

its like you're going around calling the sky green. yes, green is an adjective that describes colors... but not the color of the sky.

>what do you mean the fabric of their lives

they are igrls. guys come up and talk to them. its how they meet guys.

>they wont think its strange

strange, no. annoying, maybe. depends on if you're cute and their general personlity type.

>cold approaches are rare

do youwant to be manly?
>>
>>17976665
>strange, no. annoying, maybe. depends on if you're cute and their general personlity type.

I'm usually the observant quiet type, but Ive been "pining" to talk to someone other on a professional basis.

>do youwant to be manly?

What is manly? I am quiet, reserverd, and serve others. I'm not a weight-lifter or a hyper chad (unless Im drunk). But sure, I want to be "manly".
>>
>>17976669

pretty much the only thing that can be observed across all cultures and all times is that someone who is 'manly' does two things
>faces fears
>does what he wants

so if you're afraid to approach women, approaching them makes you manly. and if you do what you want, you'll be manly, so approach them anyways, get what you want.

worse case scenario is that you mildly annoy a thousand women.

but the love of one woman is worth more than the annoyance of a thousand others, and its really no big deal.
>>
>>17976676

> approaching them makes you manly. and if you do what you want, you'll be manly,

Nice point and perspective.

Its not that I fear girls, I just dont know the social rules of cold approaches. I can easily talk to girls, and escalate if required.

I just have no experience approaching and talking to random women while sober.

What do you think are effective methods for cold approaches?

>the love of one woman is worth more than the annoyance of a thousand others

Nice perspective.
>>
>>17976689

>its not that i fear girls.

i know. you just fear social consequences. but heres a thing: there are none. all the fear and anxiety thinking you need some formula are all in your head.

you literally dont need a formula. you dont. and it wouldn't get you anywhere if you did.

you can just go up and say
>hey howsi t going

and pretty fast you'll get a read on whether or not you should be talking to them. trust your instincts when the conversation starts. and if it goes south its okay it doesn't mean you did something wrong, she just is busy, not in a mood, or isn't a match.

its good to know what oyu want to say, but beyond that you can fake it. you're in college so its as easy as saying 'i havent seen you in any classes, what major are you in?' and if they ask what oyu[re up to you can just throw in that you're bored, its inbetween classes, or class just ended so you're jsut hanging around.
>>
>>17976695
>but heres a thing: there are none. all the fear and anxiety thinking you need some formula are all in your head.

True, I guess its better to go in knowing things are unpredictable.

I just need that objective to get their number/fb.

Do you have any experiences of how you have done things?
>>
>>17976712

yes. lots of experience. usually starts with a hi or a hey. then just goes to whatever i think i can use.

again, if i was at college, id bring up whether or not i see them in classes, and just talk to them about that. you have this entire shared itnerest (school) that you can use to bridge the gap between you two.

but not at school? depends. are you waiting in line somewhere? where? talk about that. talk about how much lines suck. talk about the food you are eating or are about toe at, the movie you are seeing, the book shes holding, anything.

just remember if shes not interested its not bad. you just go back to your own business.
>>
>>17976721

Yeah its probably easier in my field with school and all.

how do you know when shes ready to relinquish her number/facebook? after i get her name and establish myself, I usually dont like to overstay.
>>
>>17976732

you dont. if she is she will likely seem friendly, but she still might not. again, if shes not, its no big deal. most girls will lie and just say 'oh i dont have a phone' or 'i dont have my phone on me' or give you a fake number more than anything else.

a godo way to get it though is to suggest something. i usually say i gotta go grab some sushi or something, then they say 'omg i love sushi' and i say 'well ew should get some sometime, let me get your number'.
>>
>>17976738
nice

youve really helped me out here anon, absolutely brotier

any last advices? strategies, tactics, mindset?
>>
>>17976745

my advice? dont go in thinking of strategies, tactics or mindsets.

you see a girl, she seems cute, so you're going to find out if shes worth talking to. anything beyond that is dehumanizing to you, her, and any future relationship you might have. it creates a 'game' where if you lose you must feel bad and you're right back where you started.
>>
>>17976748

>dont go in thinking of strategies, tactics or mindsets.

so just feel it out and asses the situation as it unfolds... gotcha

thanks bro
>>
>>17976755

kinda, but dont use words like asses. just talk to people. we are all humans. if they treat you badly its becuase they are human, not because you failed some robot test
>>
>>17976756

cool cool, i like your mentality anon
>>
>>17976765

yup. look back and you'll see all i ever told you to do is
1) go talk to women
2) talk about whatevers goign on.

not strategy. not plans. literally just doing what should come the most natural.

good luck man.
>>
>>17976768
thanks anon
>>
>>17976829

anytime brother
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.