[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is suffering a necessity in life? Is endurance of hardships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: danmaku.jpg (158KB, 596x463px) Image search: [Google]
danmaku.jpg
158KB, 596x463px
Is suffering a necessity in life?

Is endurance of hardships a noble endeavor or perhaps is it more righteous and rewarding in the long run to struggle against them and trying to overcome them?
>>
>>17976590
We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.
>>
>>17976590

it is not noble to suffer for the sake of suffering. being noble implies you have high moral principles. suffering so others may have joy is considered noble. but just suffering to suffer or just suffering to be seen as noble is an egotistical teenage mindset, the kind that makes people like tumblr act like they are the victim all god damn day. cuz being the victim means they are fighting against the odds and taking the pain and beingtoo good for this world.

is suffering necessary? kinda. some people have likely been born in to higher classes and barely suffered at all in their existence. a select few.

but as a general rule, its just a part of life. not something you'd call a necessity, but just a part of it.
>>
>>17976611
The kind of suffering I was considering was the one caused by situations out of control of the person, such as having been unjustly wronged and ridiculed or decisions from superiors or politicians that have negative repercussions
Would it be correct to ignore this and let time fix it by itself or is it more correct to try to act in an attempt to change the situation?

>>17976604
Do you mean that suffering from other reasons is unnaceptable?
>>
Suffering is like a box of chocolates.
The only real choice you get is suck.
>>
>>17976590
If suffering didn't exist, how could we know when good things happen to us?
>>
Sadness and pain are a necessity.
Suffering is a choice.

The way I view it, pain and sorrow are things everyone must feel. They happen in the present moment and not feeling them on the moment they arrive, or never at all, might point out some psychotic tendencies. Antisocial stuff.

Suffering are those things, sorrow and pain, but they are brought back from the past, or from the future, by our minds. Regret is what I'm calling bringing back past memories of pain and sorrow. Anxiety is what I call bringing forth expectation from the future (in this case, they don't always have to be of pain and sorrow).

So, suffering is a choice we make by cultivating thoughts and emotions that revive sorrow and pain, or imagining through same thoughts and emotion the future, generating anxiety. By having more control over your own mind, you can ward off those thoughts, using them only when they are needed (to learn from past mistakes and to prepare for the future), and that wards off suffering too.
>>
"See to live is to suffer, but to survive well that's to find the meaning in the suffering." - DMX
>>
All you need to know is that there you can end suffering. Emphasizing n the you part.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.