[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

SINUS MEDICATION???

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

I have what appears to be a cold and being the idiot I am bought Nyquil SINUS medication... Will this stuff work if I'm only really concerned about getting rid of my gay ass headache?
>>
>>17976480

im gay, so i refuse to answer this. enjoy your gay ass headache.
>>
>>17976481

just kidding. could you imagine?

anyways, headaches usually come wiht sinus problems but nyquil is for sleep, so its going to knock you out and not in a good way like melatonin can. read the box and see what it treats. headache is probably listed.
>>
File: ouch.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
ouch.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>17976483
lol you had me going for a sec

it says headache, but specifically sinus headache pain... is that any different from a regular cold headache?

Also meant to say I took Dayquil oops
>>
>>17976487

if you already took it it doesn't really matter.

these medicaitons are supposed to help the sinus, and that would in turn help your headache, but they all tend to have a basic pain reliever in there too, the kind that works for both head and back pain. you notice if you take headache medicine it often makes your whole body feel a little less stiff.

it'll help, but it also might just fuck you up and make you groggy. cant speak for everyone but even dayquil makes me fall asleep.
>>
File: 1484773574080[1].gif (297KB, 996x1194px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484773574080[1].gif
297KB, 996x1194px
>>17976492
FUCK meant to say I plan to take Dayquil...this headache man.

Didn't take it yet so I'm asking if I need to head back out and exchange it, but I guess as long as it does something I'll take it

thanks a lot
>>
>>17976501
'if oyu ahvent yet id go ahead and go get some real headache medicine desu. dont exchange it though, you'll be happy to have it when a cold eventually comes.
>>
File: 1480743139557.png (297KB, 448x468px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480743139557.png
297KB, 448x468px
meds that help pain (general)

Ibuprofen and Aleve (naproxen) are great, but hard on stomach
Tylenol (acetaminophen) is great and can work with either ibuprofen or naproxen, but follow directions, it is the most ODed on medicine because most people think its harmless but can damage the liver in high doses

you can also take aspirin, but its harder on the stomach than naproxen or ibuprofen

for congestion take an antihistamine, cetirizine, dyphenhydramine, w/e, but you shouldn't mix them. you also want guaifenasen to help clear out mucous congestion. if you have a cough, take dextromethorphan.

you'll also probably want a stimulant like pseudoephedrine, or even ephedrine if you're really congested. it'll be sold as an anti asthma medication. wakes you up better than caffeine but can give heart palpitations if you're prone to anxiety. phenylepherine is what's put in most stuff you see on the shelf as a substitute (can't be made into meth) but isn't as good.

if you have ibuprofen, tylenol, an antihistamine, guaifenasen, pseudo/ephedrine and dextromethorphan, you should be pretty much stocked for your cold. drink lots of fluid, eat some soup.

of course all this stuff has brand names, motrin, aleve, delsym, etc. but generics are cheaper and the exact same thing

dayquil is just gonna have a mix of some of the above in it, not sure what.

im not a nurse or anything, i just got bored and read about the stuff in my cabinet and now understand what cold meds do a lot better.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.