[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I help my Junkie brother

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: sad peep.jpg (34KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
sad peep.jpg
34KB, 480x477px
Hi /adv/
My 22 year old brother has been abusing Speed, Pot, Acid, Metazine, Nicotine, Ecstasy, Lean and god knows what else for the last 5 years. It wasn't that bad straight away, but after he dropped out of college, couldn't keep an entry level job for more than a month, my family and I became desolate. Our parents took him to rehab clinics but it seems nothing could keep him there.
Three days ago he came home after making no contact whatsoever for a week. He was so high he couldn't speak, his eyes were bloodshot and he slept for 26 hours straight.
My dad decided to not let him out of the house as a final measure because we got sick of the last 5 years. This of course upset his girlfriend who was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. She came screaming at our front door, threatening to kill herself if we don't let him go to her. At the time the situation was defused by my mom but she has since been messaging me (my brothers phone was taken from him) to give her my spare keys or to otherwise help him escape.
I want to help him recover but I don't want him to think i despise him or to think i chose not to be on ''his side''
What do I do
Help
>>
>>17976293

sometimes when someones bleeding you need to clean the wound. this ends up causing a lot of pain as you disinfect it, but its whats healthiest.

the point of helping someone isn't to make sure they still like you after. its to help them
>>
>>17976317
Well put
But part of the question is what CAN I do to help? As I've never had any problems with addiction myself, I have no idea how to act
>>
>>17976329

its hard to say. your parents should try to come up with a plan but the thing about people who have been to rehab multiple times is that this is basically just their life now. he might spend the rest of his existence cycling through 'IMM ALL BETTER NOW' and 'NO WAIT I JUST WENT ON A THREE DAY BENDER'.

there is no right answer. everyones different and no one in your family can be blamed for making the choices that you make. even if they don't work, it doesn't mean they are wrong.

talk to your parents, and do the best you can do, but try not to let him become a detriment to your own life OP.
>>
>>17976293
Dude, my advice is to help him with his addiction problem, your parents are right, if they let him free, he would only stop this behavior when he's arrested or (sorry for saying this) dead, do not help his crazy girlfriend, get him to rehab and keep an eye out for him when he leaves.

And, tho I'm not a religious person myself, some people tend to get off the drug habit once they find religion, that might seem silly, but it's true, I don't know if he believes that, but it could help to.

The main thing here is to get him to rehab, cut his bad ties with his junkie friends and maybe his girlfriend, if she's a junkie too.
>>
>>17976293
Shit it looks like my situation with my brother but more extreme
>>
>>17976293
I wish I was a drug addict with a cute crazy gf
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.