[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical advice okay? I feel like I have a clogged ear, and it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: ear-mc-otoscope-pediatric-news.jpg (54KB, 620x290px) Image search: [Google]
ear-mc-otoscope-pediatric-news.jpg
54KB, 620x290px
Medical advice okay?

I feel like I have a clogged ear, and it has not gone away for 3 days. I dont remember getting water into it, or anything like that.

I dont have any form of insurance, I am in the USA.

All I want to do is find someone who can look into my ear with a Otoscope and see if there is an obstruction.

I cant pop my ear, everything I tried to relieve it wont help.

I had symptoms of a cold earlier in the week, but it went away. thought I had a clogged tube, so I took some ibuprofen, it helped, but ear still feels clogged.

what do?
There is a Walgreens in my area that has immediate care, its $89 to just walk in. I'm really broke right now, and that's gonna be hard to spare.
>>
>>17976284
It could be wax build-up. If so:
Get ear syringe. Fill with warm water. Stick ear syringe in ear. Shoot warm water into canal. Masturbate to the feeling. Works well if you also place hydrogen peroxide in your ear to soften up the wax.
>>
>>17976284
give it a few more days, like til monday, and see if it's still plugged up.

ENTs are rarely of any help, and I imagine even less so for some walgreens nigger. The most they can do is drain wax provided that's the cause (it might not even be). Chances are it's sinus related. go to the drug store and pick up some over-the-counter decongestant and diuretic (stay hydrated), and nasal spray if you feel like it. This will help drain your sinuses if they're clogged and may alleviate your symptoms

also, try not to take ibuprofen unless you absolutely need it, especially if you're having ear problems. It doesn't interact well and may cause tinnitus, which is a lot worse than a plugged up ear
>>
>>17976301

I tried the peroxide thing. I dipped a qtip, and let it drip into my ear. I kinda felt it hit my eardrum maybe, but made no difference.

>>17976306
I had symptoms of a cold earlier this week, I have a bit of a cough now. I never had an ear infection tho.
I just want someone to look into my ear with an otoscope.

I have afrin. I'll try that.
I took ibuprofen because my right side where my ear is clogged felt swollen, and it hurt to rest my head on that side, so I thought the ear tube was swollen shut. The ibuprofen provided some relief, but did not help me equalize pressure.

Tried holding my nose, and blowing out. Felt my other ear pop, but not the one with the issues.

I can wait till Monday to see if it clears up.
>>
>>17976284
>I feel like I have a clogged ear, and it has not gone away for 3 days.
Just go to the doctor mate, they'll have it sorted in no ti..
>I dont have any form of insurance, I am in the USA.
rip.
>>
>>17976284
OP, I'll give you the answer, but first, tell me why I should not end my life asap?
>>
>>17976284
look up free clinics in your area. there's almost always one close by or near, and they do normal things and can sometimes do more specialized tasks depending on who's volunteering atm.

it sounds like it could be a bunch of things, from TMJ, to wax build up, to sinusitis, to ear infection, ruptured ear drum, etc. you won't know unless you get it looked at.
>>
>>17976393
not op but why should you? life is constantly changing, a year, two years, etc from now is not going to be how it is now, that is for certain.

your situation will change and you'll find wisdom in what's happened to you. hold on a bit longer. life is hard for everyone, but it makes it worth living because you can appreciate the good more.
>>
>>17976393
OP here

its better to exist in agony, than not exist at all.
>>
>>17976357

You need the syrenge tho OP.

I get this all the time and you gotta blast that shit out of your ear fucking hard. Its common man
>>
You can look in your ear with your phone camera, anon, but I'll save you the trouble. You have a sinus infection. Take antibiotics if you can get some, otherwise just eat healthy and get the right amount of sleep and you'll be fine in a week.
>>
>>17976452
So I should blast my ear with peroxide? I dripped some in, and I feel like it made it worse.
>>17976464
I have a boroscope, and I could not get it in to see anything
>>
>>17976479
Peroxide won't do anything
>>
>>17976486
then what?

Just called an ear clinic, $150 to clean each ear.
>>
>>17976489
You have a sinus infection, cleaning your ears won't do anything.
>>
Try a vicks inhalation, helped me in the past when my ears were totally fucked, add some vicks vaporub (or US equivalent) to hot water and inhale those vapours through your nose, fucker stings your eyes like a bitch but it always relieved pressure from my ears.
>>
>>17976301
>Fill with warm water.
you're supposed to soften the wax first by instilling mineral oil (a couple drops or so) in each ear every night for a week or whatever before syringing
>>
>>17976505
I've had plenty, and I never had this issue before.
I have a cough, and some phlem, but I dont feel sick otherwise
>>17976506
I use one occasionally. Been inhaling one all week, no difference.

if I shove my index finger into my ear canal and spread it open a tad bit, it makes it almost feel normal.

Right now it just straight up feels like I have water in my ear. Before it felt like it wasnt pressurizing correctly, like it needed to pop, but wasnt happening.

My ears arnt that waxy, I qtip every other day, and I never insert it more than half a centimeter in. just clean the very outside.

its possible I disloged some ear wax, and its pressing on my ear drum.
>>
>>17976284
Had the same shit. Couldn't hear well on right ear. Had gurlfriend look into it with a fleshlight.
>whole ear filled with wax.
>tried to soften it by using saltwater and almond oil from a drugstore.
>wax gets all squishy, ear starts feeling inflamed and hurts.
>go to eardoctor, he pulls out a shitload of wax
>tells me i got an Ottos externa
>still hurts like shit

Srsly go see a doctor. Don't mess around with h2o2 and other stuff , you will just hurt yourself

>Thank god i live in a country with a proper health insurance
>>
OP here.

Took a regular shower, not sure if I actally got water in my ear, but its a lot worse now. constant pressure inside my ear. maybe from all the picking, and hitting I was doing earlier to try to allieveite the paint, but this sucks more now.

hearing is fine. just feels like there is an outer pressure.

guess i'll go find some ear place tomorrow to take a look. there goes like $100+
>>
>>17977037
Loosing 100 Bucks is better than loosing your ability to hear
>>
>>17977037
Worst case is its menieres disease, but I really fucking doubt it

Also, I'm inclined to agree that it's a sinus problem. Try some Tylenol if you haven't already
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.