[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On Sunday evening I'll be having dinner with my girl and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

On Sunday evening I'll be having dinner with my girl and her parents. I haven't met her folks yet but they sound great.

It's the dinner part I need help with; I haven't come clean to my girlfriend about the sheer, instant anger I feel when I hear people chewing, lip smacking, mashing and sloshing their food in their mouths and generally eating like fucking pigs. Seriously, fuck you if you do that.
I haven't said this to her because it's obviously as crazy as it sounds and now I'm dreading our dinner on Sunday because if it happens I honestly don't know what I would do.

And yeah I know it's stupid and it probably makes me a drama queen or whatever, but it's a 100% genuine, instant rage and I don't want to have to sit there gritting my teeth, ruining things.
Should I try to explain this to her or is she going to think I'm just some trigger cunt?

I'm 31 and hadn't eaten food with anyone in over twelve years precisely for that reason, but she's quiet and polite and I love eating with her when we meet after work. She's 29 and she has no idea because I'm good at hiding things. I just don't want to ruin the evening because things are going really, really well.
>>
>>17976024

This is an actual condition called misophonia. Talk to her, tell her you're worried about the event. If she cares about you, she'll understand and figure out some way to help you through it.
>>
>>17976041
This. Misophonia is a real thing
>>
You'd hate eating dinner with me then.
I live with my gf (couple of years older, not exactly sure) and have done for a while, but she's quite a polite person

The problem is that I love to chew and eat my food really loudly. Like, extremely loudly, as loud as I can. If you chew your food as loud as you can, imagine that times ten, because that's how loud I chew my food

So anyway we were round at her parents' house last week, who she has a really fragile relationship with, and we're having dinner, and all of a sudden I realise they're all looking at me

I'd forgotten to chew quietly. Had been munching and slopping with my mouth wide open, nostrils flared, saliva dripping, laughing, guttural, deep

So I looked her father and said

"Not the first time I've had my mouth full of white meat today, if you know what I mean"

(we were eating chicken and my girlfriend is albino)
>>
>>17976041
>>17976057
>misophonia
OP here. I've read a bit about it, but I just get annoyed at how petty and juvenile it sounds and I get pissed off with myself for being a special little snowflake.
Is it really as common as it seems?

I never told her about the knot in my stomach the first time we went for a drink during the day and she asked if I was hungry. Jesus fucking Christ what the fuck is wrong with me? What an idiot.

Thank you both.
>>
>>17976024
I've been in your shoes occasionally, but it's not a typical thing for me. I just have to notice it if it's bad, then I can't stop noticing it and it develops into the red rage you describe.

Have you tried a little alcohol, though? Enough to take the edge off things and make you feel chill?
>>
>>17976024
FUCK I HATE THAT NOISE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

my roommate's girlfriend always chews so loud. It triggers me. It's like she's doing it on purpose. She's big, too.

It's like a cow -- clomp clomp clomp.

And that noise they make when their lips smack together? It's like cmon YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE THAT NOISE.
>>
>>17976210
When it comes to alcohol, I have to hit a sweet-spot in order to have a positive time. I also have a history of being an alcohol so I tend to avoid it out of shame.
I'll have one drink with a meal and depending on the situation I may have one more but that's strictly my limit. Thank you for the suggestion, it's just not an option any more.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.