[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to overcome attraction to guys like your dad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1478892306956.jpg (62KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478892306956.jpg
62KB, 500x375px
I'm never attracted to guys with qualities that are actually good for me.

The kind of qualities I /consciously/ ask for, because they aren't like my dad.

How do you overcome predisposed attracted to people who are like your opposite sex parent if they weren't the most functional people growing up?
>>
>>17975751

you don't really. you can ignore it, but its like trying to diet. Your stomach will rumble no matter wehat. you can either feed it veggies, or you can feed it cake.

you cant stop wanting cake, but you can choose to be stronger than your urges.

you can also try to pick out the good qualities and not the bad ones.

your dad may have beaten the shit out of you, but dating a guy who also likes nascar like your father doesn't mean he'll also beat the shit out of you.

though if he is watching nascar it is a good chance
>>
>>17975751
hey baby. watchu doin? ;)
>>
>>17975751
You cant overcome it, but you can gain some self control and refuse to act on it. If you want to keep acting on it put up boundaries with the guys, as in never having a real relationship with them, and never putting yourself in dangerous situations with them.
>>
>>17975751
Why is this a bad thing?

It's pretty much psychology -- it's what we're comfortable with; we're raised in it.

So naturally we seek out what we know, even if it's not conscious.

I don't see anything wrong with it. I dated women who was like my mother. They were pretty caring, kind, thoughtful, but then again they were also very cold when it was most important to have the former qualities. But again, that's what I'm used to and that's what I wanted.

We know how to react and how to handle things better -- it made us more compatible, honestly. But then again, you have your opinion, OP
>>
Overcome your Oedipien urges by going to a psychoanalyst.

Or if that is too hard for you try one of these easy 3 options:
a)get a guy like your dad and change him (which rarely/never happens btw)
b)get a guy opposite to your dad
c)make a baby

Good luck
>>
>>17976176
it's bad if OP is into abusive, materialistic drug addicts like the picture suggests.
>>
>>17976194
guys never ever change for other people, but what do you mean by make a baby? How does that fix anything?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.