[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acne control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: acne.jpg (4KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
acne.jpg
4KB, 275x183px
What is the best method for obtaining a clear face.

What I do currently:

>I currently wash my face twice a day with a facial scrub
>I then use some sort of wash to reduce black heads
>I then use a moisturizer.
>I change my pillow sheet once a week.
>I have a clean diet with the only fat I get from food is olive oil and fish
>I drink a lot of water
>I exercise regularly to reduce stress
>I have a regular sleep schedule

I still get acne. RIP
>>
How old are you?
>>
I'm in my 20's
>>
Assuming you are male. It seems like you're washing your face too much at one time. I got rid of my acne by washing my face whenever it felt overly oily. If I was at work and it felt oily, I'd wash my face a lunch or on my breaks. Also, I never used any face washes with those beads in it. Too abrasive. I used a moisturizer that is incredibly light.
>>
>>17974687
Literally this was the only thing I did. I had pretty awful acne from my face down my back, but not cystic. My face scars healed up fine but I still have a scarred back from my acne which fucking sucks.
>>
>>17974687
I have very oily skin. I tried this method, but I have yet to ever have a completely clear face. I always have some sort of bump of excess oil
>>
>>17974697
Have you tried wiping your face down with astringent or toner throughout the day? I also did this when I didn't have time to wash my face. Carry a bottle of astringent and some cotton balls with you. Trust me, just keep the oils off your face.
>>
>>17974707
No i have not. How often do you do this?
>>
>>17974661
Go to a dermatologist.

Anyway, general advice -
> Buy delicate, high quality products.
I think my skincare routine costs 200$ for 3 monrhs but my skin went from acne to clean since i started using it.
>Exfoliate! Exfoliate a lot.
Better use chemical exfoliation than physical one.
>>
I had crazy bad acne and did all these washes and exchanging my pillow case etc that you see on /fa/, but it didn't work.

I took isotretinoin for half a year, and now it's all gone. Washing my face, moisturising etc. has no effect on it. I pay no attention to skin care and it hasn't come back in the slightest.
>>
>>17974721
this

seek a professional

everyone skin is different

and for the love of god don't go crazy with ex-foliation

I did and I payed the price in acne scars
>>
>>17975018
>and for the love of god don't go crazy with ex-foliation
It actually helped me.
I do very delicate exfoliation twice a week, and it reduced acne scars and breakouts a lot.
I do that and a delicate clay mask.
>>
>>17975026

you can't reduce acne scars with exfoliation you can reduce the redness of hyper pigmentation which I think is the scars you're referring to
but it's not possible to exfoliate and just magically regrow skin

if that were the case fraxel lasers wouldn't exist
>>
>>17974661
Vitamin A skin products.
>>
>>17974661

I used to have pretty bad acne. Tried all kinds of fancy stuff included meds prescribed by a dermatologist but it wasn't as effective as my ghetto-solution.

-Wash face with just water in the morning
-Wash face around noon IF your face is too oily (again, water only)
-Wash face 15-20 minutes before going to bed. Apply salicylic acid tincture, cover acne with regular white toothpaste

Breakouts happened every 3 weeks or so instead of every week. When breakouts/new pimples did come, they were dealt with in 3 or 4 days.

You can get the tincture in drugstores I think, ask around. At least that's where I got mine (not a Yank). It's colorless liquid with a heavy alcoholic smell. Here's what the box says:
2% salicylic acid and alcohol
96% ethanol as additive

I poured some on cotton balls and used that to apply the acid. Completely safe as long as you don't drench your face with it. Hell, you have to try pretty fucking hard to hurt your skin with it.
Works as an aftershave also, better than everything I've tried.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.