[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red hair... destroyer of sex lives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: redhair.jpg (25KB, 201x492px) Image search: [Google]
redhair.jpg
25KB, 201x492px
I'm a Male, 33 years of age.. who has had red hair since day one, but hasn't had sex for probably six years or so. Aside from the single person I slept with while I was married, I had a few girlfriends in high school, but never slept with any of them (issues with anxiety, confidence, being a nice guy, people pleaser ... etc. Its gotten much better over the years.)

I greatly desire to have more than the single sexual relationship I had, but I've always had this hangup with my appearance, and the thought it may be seriously hindering any chances of attracting the opposite sex.

I don't have freckles on my face, some light ones on my arms from daily sun exposure. My hair has darkened and isn't the shiny copper color it once was (some friends say I could pass for dark blonde now). I'm a decent looking guy, working out to improve my physique (5' 10", 185 lbs and steadily dropping lbs) . Had glasses for about 10 years but don't wear them anymore. Aesthetically speaking, I'm putting in effort.

Any effort I put forth still doesn't seem like enough when I read statistics like this though-

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-raj-persaud/redheads-psychology_b_1911771.html

Are women really that averse to red hair? Sometimes this gets me down, not to the point where I'd stop improving improving myself.. but I really question if the root of the problem lies in something I can't change.

I'm just wondering if I'd really be wasting my time trying to approach women, and maybe follow my colleagues' advice to visit Thailand or Vegas instead.

Should red-haired guys just not bother?
>>
>>17974393

depends if they are attractive or not. if you post the rest of you we might find that you're generally ugly even with brown hair
>>
>>17974400
That's not him
>>
>>17974402

i didnt mean to say that was him, im just high on codiene right now, thats clearly an attractive red head and not OP
>>
>>17974400

lol... pic is just some random placeholder I found on google images. Due to the aforementioned issues, wouldn't post my own here
>>
Dude just, shave it off, wear a hat, i unno, sumn.
>>
>>17974405
Exactly my thoughts. That guy in the photo is too young for a guy at an age of a 30 something
>>
File: tumblr_n4epcd5jjv1tuiyreo1_500.png (246KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4epcd5jjv1tuiyreo1_500.png
246KB, 500x375px
>>17974407
Yeah but if you post a picture we can say whether its a ginger thing or you just being an uggo thing. There are SMOKIN HOT ginger guys out there.
>>
>>17974421
psst OP come back I'll tell you you're pretty
>>
>>17974421

Well... as long as I land somewhere in between, maybe its worth a shot. Still getting a passport though. lol.
>>
>>17974393
I love red haired guys but they never seemed attracted to me
>>
>>17974532
tease
>>
I love red haired guys
>>
Red hair is wierd. It signals very particular ancestry which tends to come with facial phenotypes, so apparently on average women are not attracted to people from red-haired populations.
Also, it doesn't fit into the black-blonde spectrum meaning that a slightly higher thought process in involved in judging its value, much like if blue or green hair was natural. Of course, higher level thinking dries the vagina.

If you've had girlfriends and a wife then you're just fine with women, but they just won't be attracted to your hair outright
>>
>>17974393
OP must be British. For some reason Brits consider "gingers" to be objects of fun and ridicule. In the US, if there is any generalization about redheads it is that they are happy fun-guys (and redheaded women are hot-blooded and sexy). Maybe OP should find a new circle of friends.
>>
>>17975107
Fellow Britbong here, can confirm. At the stage where I genuinely start internally saying "ffs, here we go again" and just zoning out of the conversation for a few moments until the need to point out my gingerness wears off. It always feels like an excrutiatingly long wait.
>>
I have sometimes thought how red or blonde hair would look on me.
I am a dude with weird curly/wavy hair that goes below my shoulders but the color of it is just boring brown.
>>
>>17974393
I don't think people care as much about red hair as you think. Just pretend you have the same hair as anybody else and work on your game. Most likely, if a girl did reject you for your hair, you wouldn't explicitly know (and women always have varying reasons for said rejection anyway). I think the attitude of 'not bother' is going to leave you forever alone; not your red hair. It's okay to be as you are OP. At least you're not 600 pounds or a drug addict. You just have red hair. I have blonde hair and a beard that has some red hair (Dad's ancestry). Just gotta roll with what you're given in life - that's what makes you truly attractive to somebody else.
>>
>>17974393

The thing is men and women are looking for something different in their partner.

For men it's like 85% the look. For women it's like a mixture of your look, your socioeconomic status, whether you are goal driven, humorous and some other things i forgot. You just need to go out and get some positive reinforcement. Once you get the ball rolling it's going by itself.
>>
>>17975107
The ginger ridicule thing definitely exists in the US too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.