[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find zero joy in things I used to love. I used to work in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pepetales.jpg (100KB, 500x585px) Image search: [Google]
pepetales.jpg
100KB, 500x585px
I find zero joy in things I used to love.

I used to work in graphic design, but became very disillusioned with it. I had to move back in with my parents. My girl left me. I don't know what to do. I feel like such a failure.

I just don't care about anything anymore.
>>
Stop living with parents

Having your own place is an aphrodisiac to girls
>>
maybe you could take a walk and think about what you want to do with your life now. Figure out where your interest lie.
>>
>>17974338
I want to get back into design/illustration, but just the thought fills me with dread.
>>
>>17974354
what fills you with dread about it?
>>
>>17974354
this is what im going through too as a software developer.
I feel like the decisions i have made have left me with nothing. so continuing on that path will just lead to nothing
>>
>>17974368
I feel like I'll never be any good. I've been pursuing this path for ten years now, and I feel horrible.

>>17974377
This.
>>
>>17974383
Are you staying your not earning enough from your design/illustration work?
>>
>>17974403
Yeah. I worked at the airport for a year, but I hated it so much. I quit last week.

Now I need to find something else, hopefully in design.
>>
>>17974416
Ah ok, you should have said so that makes it alot easier to understand your current position... If you really hated your job, it is probably best you left it behind. Would only cause more emotionally turmoil in the long term. Plus, as you said you've got your parents to fall back on so you wont be on the street.

Going right into full graphic employment right now may not be possible depending on your experience, which again i dont really know anything about about. But how about finding a new part or full time job, something you wont hate as much, and doesn't require lots of training or degree, just enough to pay the bills, so can you maybe pick up some casual design jobs here and there and get your confidence back up and also gain a nice portfolio.
>>
>>17974449
Whenever I try to make something, I feel like there's a brick wall between me and my tools. It's horrifying. I don't know what happened to me.
>>
>>17974574
this is the dev from earlier. I am going thtrough the same experience are you are. every time i pull up my text editor, there is a mental blockade from being able to get any work done.

The only thing i can think of, is that i feel a crippling fear of committing more time into what is supposed to be my passion. I can only hope that my motivation and skillset will return with time.

I will try to separate my hobby from my financial goals and take my time. I will not rush myself.
>>
>>17974377
Same exact situation here. Working as a code monkey for more than 2 years, used to code in the free time and enjoy it - not anymore.
>>
Fuck software dev. Worst career choice evar. Was making six figs but now am fucked. I hate the people in it and I want to do something else but now only have this exp. I want to have nothing to do with dev or IT. Im no longer in my 20s so therefore I should be a manager or something - something is wrong! Just look at all the "experts" over at hacker jews or faggit. If you're not employed or having a problem getting a job... Something is wrong! Therefore don't hire the guy. I've got a good resume but it's an employers market. I have gotten passed over now by tons of interviews. Lawyers or doctors with tons of exp aren't fucked when the latest and gayest web dev bs comes out. Or when you don't have exact specific exp only with such tool. Waste of time the fucking dumbest career choice, if you're young and bother to read my whining don't fall for it. But something is wrong right so go ahead and ignore me... And then years down the road be in my exact same place.
>>
>>17975277
I'll be out of my 20's in a few years and I've achieved nothing. You're in a better place than I am.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.