[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Herpes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0158.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0158.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
I had sex with a girl who had herpes. She wasn't symptomatic at the time and I used a condom, but I'm still worried I might have herpes. There was some rubbing of genitals on skin in a shower beforehand.

Anyways it's been maybe a couple months since I I was in contact with it and I haven't had any symptoms as far as I know. Does that mean I'm heroes free? Or at least asymtomatic (which is pretty much just as good)?
>>
Did she have sores? If she did have sores then she had an active infecetion and her rate of transmission is incredibly high. If she didn't have any, then its incredibly low. Just get a fucking test if youre worried. I'd say if its been this long, youre probably good.
>>
>>17974288
She didn't have any sores. I'm planning on getting a test soon. The only reason I haven't already is because I heard that for the tests to be conclusive it's best to wait for over 4 weeks (which it's been much longer than)
>>
>>17974284
When I got herpes, small symptoms showed up pretty much immediately, and was full blown signs herpes a week later. Fuck you Ron.

Anyway, my new boyfriend is clean. We have sex everytime without a condom and he's still herpes-free (4 years now). We just avoid sexual activity whenever I'm itchy down there or when I feel like its acting up.

Yes, do wait a while before taking the herpes test so the results can be conclusive.

I also heard its easier for girls to get herpes from guys than vice versa. Something about getting cuts in the vaginal area during sex that allows easier transmission.
>>
>>17974352
Sweet thanks
>>
You most likely already have at least one strain of herpes (HSV-1 being more likely). 90% of people globally have one or both strains.

The vast majority of people are completely asymptomatic and never know they even have it.

If you ever do have an outbreak, symptoms can appear at any time after infection, even decades.

Even if you are asymptomatic, you can still transfer the virus to others. It is believed that most people contract the virus from viral shedding rather than active outbreaks, since the virus is so prevalent yet the majority of the population is also asymptomatic.

Most clinics and doctors do not do the types of testing, like PCR testing, which can actually tell you if you have HSV or not. Sometimes your GP will order the test on request, but people often have to go to a specialty lab. Most clinics and doctors mean a cell culture swab when they say herpes test. This can only be done if there's an active outbreak and can't tell you if you don't have HSV, only if that specific outbreak is caused by it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.