[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Identical objects repel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1484427876640.jpg (76KB, 640x641px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484427876640.jpg
76KB, 640x641px
A girl ghosted me after we spent a lot of time talking together in person and exchanged contact info but during this I realized I was more attracted to the idea of having a girlfriend than her or her personality.

It seems we both stopped liking each other after finding out more about the other and I got to thinking. We're extremely similar personality wise, if we swapped bodies our relatives wouldn't notice much of a change. Maybe this is why w're not together.

Could similar personalities cause people to lose attraction to each other?
>>
>>17974235
bump
>>
>>17974235
Who knows why she moved on

But you should too
>>
>>17974331
Move on? but I was already half-way done with my shrine of her.

Seriously though, I'm more or less over it, I just thought this was a thing but I guess not. There's a girl I like a lot more who's almost the polar opposite of me personality wise and I thought there was correlation with all of this.
>>
>>17974235
idk. im very much attracted to this one girl right now because of how much we get along, but im 99% that im just a best friend to her.
idk, people are different.
>>
>>17974392
I get along with this other girl very well but we're very different too, I actually didn't connect with the girl who ghosted me very much, we just talked a lot.
>>
These situations always interests me, OP. I can think of maybe a few explanations other than perhaps shes just not interested and you've read her wrong or she changed her mind.

If like you say she seems identical to yourself personality wise, but stopped being interested after getting to know more about each other, could mean imo;
1. Your not as similar as you first thought, however your mind clouds these difference as it wants you to be the same
2. If you are truly similar, it could mean that there are certain aspects of your personalty that you personally are not happy with, but dont notice them until they are reflected in another person.
>>
File: 1463220103145.png (264KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1463220103145.png
264KB, 1000x1000px
>>17974463
>>17974392
Perhaps your attracted just to her personality as a friend and not as a partner.
>>
>>17974469
I'm pretty tired but either of these are definite possibilities, I'll think on it because I think this whole thing is something I should learn from.

>>17974475
Probably but none of my close friends are that similar to me at all.
>>
File: 1480888072815.jpg (44KB, 301x267px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480888072815.jpg
44KB, 301x267px
>>17974515
Let us know what you come up with, putting your thoughts into words makes them easier for yourself to comprehend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.