[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/bros, translate this for me?: "I want to hang out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

/adv/bros, translate this for me?:

"I want to hang out with you, be with you, and see you exclusively, but want to maintain my independence."
>>
>>17973993
"I want you as my fall back while I bounce from Chad to Chad
>>
OP here. This is a dude, I'm a chick. If that changes anything for you.

I can give more background if necessary.
>>
he wants to date/see/fuck other women but doesn't want you to see anyone else but him
>>
>>17974007
>I want to see you exclusively
lrn2reed
>>
>>17973993
"I want to hang out with you but in case something better comes along I don't want to deal with disentangling myself from a relationship."
>>
>>17973993
I want to fuck you but you aren't date able
>>
>>17973993

>/adv/bros, translate this for me?

No. Don't be an idiot and ask the guy who said it what he means instead of a bunch of neckbeards on 4chan. We don't know you or the guy so anything we could possibly suggest would be wild speculation.

Go talk to him.
>>
>>17974015
But when we're over at each other's places all the time, go on dates, introducing each other to each other's friends and family, calling and texting each other constantly, I.e. everything couples already do, we would have to "break up" anyway. There would be a moment where you'd have to get your stuff from their place and say 'hey I don't want to be with you anymore'.
>>
>>17974020
I already asked a couple of times and this was the clearest answer I got.
He sounds like he's scared of commitment? He's doing it in everything BUT name.
>>
>>17974029
Aaaaalright, background.
Yesterday, I had a shit day. Locked my phone in his place and then was locked out of my running car (????) and more other annoying small things. I Facebook messaged him telling him what happened and that I was so sorry, that I'd come get my phone and get out of his hair whenever he was free. We were both busy all day with our own shit, as per usual and he finally tells me to come over at 11pmish. I get there and he got me all of my favorite snacks and made me my favorite tea with tons of honey. It was incredibly sweet. He told me he had been thinking about me all week and asked me to stay the night. We didn't even have sex, we just cuddled, talked and fell asleep watching TV together.

Hence my confusion: his actions say one thing and he just keeps making non statements about anything about what exactly we're doing.
>>
>>17974053
Here's how you get a better example out of him:
"Could you give me an example of what independence looks like?"
Maybe he means he doesn't want to do the couple thing where you two are completely aware of what the other is doing 24/7, constant contact, vetoing abilities over what the other does in their spare time, etc etc. Maybe he had a really controlling ex or parent.
>>
>>17974146
Fucking solid adv, anon. I'll do that.
>>
>>17974002
He likes you but he wants to fuck a bunch of hot bitches too
>>
>>17974173
>>
>>17973993
She's an idiot
>>
>>17973993
"i want the security of a relationship without having to put in the work. i want to control everything and only worry about my own needs. i want to use you. i have no idea how to date like an adult." date her, tell her whatever you need to, but don't fool yourself into thinking she deserves your exclusivity.
>>
>>17974534
her=him but everything stands
>>
>>17974002
"I want you as my fall back while I bounce from Stacie to Stacie
>>
He wants a fwb because he doesn't want to be commited.
I think that's pretty obvious
>>
>>17974544
This
>>
>>17974025
>>17974029
It's for his own mental and emotional comfort. If anything goes wrong, it's okay because you weren't "really" together. He might have commitment issues/fears.

My uncle is like this. He still doesn't really call his girlfriend his girlfriend and tells us "no no we aren't a thing, I'm going to make her move out", even though they have been together for years now. He had an absolutely horrible divorce and I think that's traumatized him forever.
>>
It just means:

When he does go out with his friends, he doesn't want you on his ass about it.
You are his exclusive go to girl but no commitment bullshit yet like marriage or babies.
He doesn't want to be together 24/7 or have cutsie facebook posts.
Even though you are his girlfriend, it does not give you the right to meet everyone in his life and ask about every girl he speaks to.

It took me 4 years to decipher this. You are welcome.
>>
>>17973993
>I like you, and I want to be your SO, but I don't want you to freak out if I don't text/call you back for a few hours, and maybe we can't see each other every day because I have hobbies and commitments to do.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.