[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some opinions on suicide and selfishness. Also, apologies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (31KB, 736x634px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
31KB, 736x634px
Need some opinions on suicide and selfishness.
Also, apologies in advance -
I'm pretty high right now, so my typing in the OP or in any replies may be absolute shit, I can't really tell.

I'm tired of life. I'm not in some deep, sad depression or anything, I'm really just tired of life. I've been doing it for 30+ years, it was never really good to begin with, and it's mildly more irritating now than when it was at its best... and there's nothing to indicate to me that it might get any more interesting. I just want off the ride.

But, there is one thing I love in life. My wife. We've been together a decade, and my relationship with her is the only thing that's ever made me care about anything that I can remember. I genuinely care about her. And I know she loves me so much that it would wreck her if I died. Like, it would wreck her whole life, that's how much a part of each other we have become. I can't bear to think of her suffering that much.

I want her to be able to live a happy, healthy, functional life full of great experiences and joy and satisfaction. I just want to be able to kill myself and still have her do this. How do I work this out, /adv/?

>tl;dr
How do I set my loving, devoted wife up for success and happiness, despite me offing myself?
>>
Have you tried anti-depressants? It's much preferable to exhaust all of your options before ending it all.

And there won't be a happy ending for your wife if you go and kill yourself. she won't live a happy, healthy, functional life full of great experiences and joy and satisfaction because her husband of 10+ years just fucking blew his brains out. If you think she's gonna recover from your untimely demise you're delusional.
>>
>>17974128
>Have you tried anti-depressants?
No, but I'm not really depressed. I mainly am just bored and exhausted. Why is it preferable to try all my options first? Why is this not an option?

>And there won't be a happy ending for your wife
I hear you, I can't really think of one either. But, there are definitely people who've lost loved ones and grieved and recovered and went back to being a good person with a good life. Somebody must be familiar with this process - have gone through it, have known someone who's gone through it, or just has some reasonable ideas about it.
>>
>>17974281
Please consider something else OP. your wife will wonder constantly what she did wrong no matter if you leave her a note or what.
>>
>>17973204
Anon don't do that to your wife.

My personal philosophy on this is that life isn't actually that long, it's not like you're just going to keep living forever if you don't kill yourself right now. You might as well get a few more experiences in there before an eternity in the abyss.
>>
File: impostor.jpg (129KB, 1219x483px) Image search: [Google]
impostor.jpg
129KB, 1219x483px
>>17973204
You should tell your wife how you feel. Completely and honestly.

It will set you free.
>>
>>17973204
You could always kill your wife too.
>>
>>17973204
I could offer some help on the suicide part
though I may not be sure you would accept it.
Only if you are about to off yourself right now should you do it
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.