[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

how do you deal with people (especially girls) who are slow to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 234524.jpg (148KB, 866x1300px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
234524.jpg
148KB, 866x1300px
how do you deal with people (especially girls) who are slow to reply to your messages/texts (as in they take days), but you still see them active on social media (+ still show full interest in you when they see you in person)
>>
>>17970480
Ugh, okay this personally is something that I am constantly having to explain to people. You can't take this personally, we all do. And no we don't do it to annoying you, we don't 'do it' on purpose. Sometimes you simply just forget to reply. Sometimes you're one form of social media but not another, example sometimes I'm on FB yet not messenger so I don't see the messages...
>>
>>17970757
*we all do it
*you're on one
>>
>>17970480
Don't take it personally. People have other shit going on.
>>
>>17970480
>texting

there's your problem
>>
>>17970764
>>17970757
Kek, girls are glued to their phones.

If OP was Chad he would get responses instantly
>>
>>17970771
Yeh we are, but we're not always texting people, we're fucking looking up cat videos and shit
>>
ignoooooooorruuuh

them.

Especially if you know them in person.
>>
>>17970480
shouldnt take it personally, but if youre looking for something romantic you have to face the facts that if she wanted to be with you, she'd find any reason to talk to you.
>>
>>17970782
>>17970757
>>17970764

OP here, but the thing is when i'm first getting to know these people they respond within 10-20 mins, then suddenly they seem to loose interest in replying within 24-48 hours, wether it's texting or fb messenger.

one time i even saw a girl reply to a comment on fb where she answered the exact thing i asked in a text i never got a reply to, from some other guy. only took her a few minutes to reply to that, like u can't help but feel like they don't give a shit about you.
>>
>>17971766
Maybe they don't give a shit about you. It fucking hurts yeah. Stop wasting your time on girls who don't give a fuck and find girls who do give a fuck.
>>
>>17971778
/thread. Going through this right now. Save your self-esteem by not chasing these girls
>>
I don't know about other people, but I'd never forget or put off replying for days if I like the guy.

When I first became friends with my boyfriend, we texted nonstop. We still do 5 years later even on days we see each other.
>>
Dont let her treat you like you are ordinary. Like you are just some guy who will be available to her when she needs you while she seeks validation from others not caring about you. You dont matter to her anymore because she knows you like her.
>>
Sounds like this girl hates your guts. One word replies usually means that she hates talking to you. She most likely dislikes you. When she's forced to talk to you in person, of course she will appear to be happy. You dont talk to someone you hate as if you hate them. She doesn't reply within days but is willing to comment on other people's post? She probably has hots for that guy or actually doesn't give a fuck about you. All these other people are giving you false facts. "we forget to reply" that's a load of dogshit. She hates your guts, anon. Don't message her anymore, she's a cunt.
>>
You don't.

People don't treat the people they care about like shit. Was "friends" with a girl who would take her sweet time responding to my texts if she did at all. In person, she would literally stare at her conversation thread with her boyfriend waiting to see his reply so she could respond immediately.

Some women have things to do. Most are just self-absorbed and don't think about whatever is entertaining them at that instance.
>>
>>17971906
Women aren't self -absorbed just because they don't want to talk to you.

Women don't owe you shit.
>>
>>17970480
Sometimes they have other shit going on, sometimes they just don't care about you all that much.

If a guy I like messages I reply as soon as I can (and sometimes it takes a few hours because I genuinely hate my phone), if a guy I don't care about texts me I reply whenever I am bored/never.
>>
>>17970480
Realize that this means you're a non-entity when you're not looking right at them. You're getting token replies to smooth over any potential social awkwardness, but that's all you're getting. She's not interested. Move on.
>>
>>17972145
>sometimes they have other shit going on
why would a girl take 3 days to respond unless she fell into a coma or her mom just died? She doesn't care about him.
>>
>>17972158
Depends. I have ignored people because I was busy with finals, or just because I wasn't in the mood to text and talk.
But, yeah, she most likely doesn't give half a shit about him.
>>
>>17971900
i highly doubt she hates me, she does post quite lengthy texts when she does reply, a lot longer than mine, and forgot to mention when there is radio silence it's ALWAYS her staring up a text convo again. i avoid starting talking to her because when i get ignored after asking a question it just makes me depressed
>>
>>17970480
CALL
THEM
YOU
FUCKING
RETARD
>>
>>17970480
I don't care if people respond slowly because it doesn't matter.

Stop needing validation so fucking much. Quit social media while you're at it.
>>
>>17971766
That's because text conversations suck dick you mong. No one wants to text entire conversations. When you text a chick you should be asking when to meet up in person or making plans in general, not actually having a conversation.

Who the fuck texts conversations after jr high?
>>
>>17972158
Because you're that annoying dude who just keeps fucking texting again and again. No one likes that guy. Texting is a fucking chore.
>>
File: aW6D92A_700b.jpg (73KB, 600x719px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
aW6D92A_700b.jpg
73KB, 600x719px
>>17970480

With boys you can genuinely take it as a hint that they are busy,you just didn't tickle their interest or you said something they can't answer. Guys generally don't do this too much.

With girls the best answer is to just not intentionally set out to engage these types. Make it so they are the ones to approach you. Especially the ones who express interest when they see you in person. Smile, Look at your own phone, bounce your own nonsense thoughts at other people,be happy, act like the life of the party then they'll do it naturally specially if they are really interested. Then you take the initiative and do your stuff.
>>
>>17970480
Messaging and texting are two different animals. If you mean messaging as in social media or dating sites, then the response could be whenever, for a variety of reasons.

Straight texting though has the 3 hour etiquette rule. Everyone is attached to their phones, and even if the person doesn't want to be on their phone at the moment, they will still see the notification for the text message pop up on their screen. A response that takes longer than 3 hours is tacky/rude, and shows either laziness or dislike on the person's part.
>>
>>17973368
>Who the fuck texts conversations after jr high?
Plenty of girls
In fact I am understating it L O A D S of girls.

Snapchat is something girls fucking thrive off these days. I mean it's a cancer for us guys but that shit is a serious meme.

>>17973270
Girls who are that much into texting would genuinely just ignore that shit.
>>
>>17973392

I can't believe people overthink these things so much.

>3 hour etiquette rule

When was that passed into law? Same day as the bro code?
>>
>>17973423
People who do this stuff to others seriously don't explain their viewpoint well so you can't blame them.
Especially if you're like many people today who grew up in the instant messaging boom era where people didn't fuck around to this extent.
>>
I do this sometimes and it's honestly just me quickly opening it then going back to my other activity and trying to think of a response. I forget to respond due to the activity. Don't think too much about it. If it's frequent then I would just not worry about it and focus on other stuff.
>>
my answering ettiquette for online dating is:
read what they write in the E-Mail notification, answer the next day.

Worked so far for me, I don't care about all the girls that didnt go further with me
>>
>>17973537
but if its someone you care a lot about, would u forget in the first place? nah
>>
>>17973270
I actually agree with this. Was dating a girl last year. Texted a fair amount. Hit her with a phone call one day and she ate that shit up. "Nobody ever calls"
>>
>>17970757
But dont u get how that is sending a message? Saying "oh dont take it personally we are just on alot of social media, sometimes we forget to respond" is basically saying that interacting with you isn't important enough to remember that you contacted me over other social media.

If I were someone important to you, you would at least have the concentration to say "hey not now I'm busy". Just forgetting about me says that I'm not important enough to you for you to remember me over other social media posts.
>>
>>17973579
Yeah, I'm forgetful as fuck. I do it to my boyfriend sometimes but I'm actively trying to get better at it. But seriously, I posted in this thread and completely forgot about it until I saw it in the /adv/ catalogue. It's like when you forget your keys somewhere or where you parked: you completed the thing and your mind completely shifts to the other stuff. Just because I forgot where I parked doesn't mean I don't care about it.
>>
Moral of the story is to never get involved in the texting business with a woman

They legit turn into goddamn psychopaths
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.