[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to break up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Sup /adv/

I've been with my bf for over 2 years, we are each other first seriously relationship. Over the past month or so I realise that I'm no longer in love and do not want to be with him. He seems very much in love with me.

We're doing exams for the next week then going on a holiday other friends so I know that's when I'm going to do it. How do I approach this?

I live with him and we share the same friend group. I care about him and logistically we're probably going to have to get along after breaking up (I want to, at least).

How do I break up with him in the least hurtful way?
>>
>>17950726
If you're convinced, just do it - be honest and upfront, apologise, leave the house.
Give him some time to get over and don't try to be his friend. Wait for him to make the first move.

OP, feelings chance once you get out of the honeymoon phase.
I'm not absolutely and mindlessly crazy for my boyfriend like I was at the beginning either. But I do love him deeply, I want to devote myself to him and I'm very happy with him.
All relationships have ups and downs, too.
Give yourself some time to think about it, in my opinion.
>>
>>17950739
I've been thinking about this for a while but you're right about the honeymoon phase. I think things are beyond that though, I know things need to change.

I feel suffocated, I feel like I'm expected to be someone else because I'm with him. Sometimes I even feel like I'm his mother.

Im going to give him some space but I feel horrible if he has no idea that this is coming :(
>>
>>17950748
Have you tried talking to him about this?
I don't want to push you to stay in a relationship if you don't want to, but it seems like something that can be worked through.

Maybe give it a try before breaking up.
>>
>>17950771
I'll definitely see if there's anything we can work on but ti be honest when you're notongr attracted to someone and fail to see them as a partner it feels wrong to string it out...

Thank you for your replies tho
>>
>>17950781
Oh, of course.
If you feel like that, you should just leave.

Good luck!
>>
>>17950726
It's going to hurt him no matter how you do it. Move out and let him decide if you're going to continue to be in his life. Personally, I cut ties when I'm dumped. Not so much out of spite but because the wound is fresh and seeing a woman again after something like that tends to dredge up pain I'm trying to get over.

Be prepared for that and while you're thinking about it, ask yourself "am I prepared to never see this person again?"
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.