[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what to study in university

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: jet engine test.jpg (16KB, 220x147px) Image search: [Google]
jet engine test.jpg
16KB, 220x147px
I live in Europe and graduated high school this summer. I had no idea what to study so I never applied to a university and thought I would figure out what I wanted to to in a gap year. It's been 6 months and I have not come closer to a choice. I need to decide soon or I will miss another year.

What I have been choosing between:
>Physics
>Applied physics/engineering physics
>Computer Science/Engineering
>Mechanical Engineering
>Aerospace Engineering
>Finance/Economy

I like them all equally it feels like.

I like designing things and creating things that work. I don't wanna be stuck doing something really insignificant, like the wheels for a lawn mower or something, I want to work with something bigger and more "holistic" where I actually have some form of creative freedom in some way. I think there are some engineering jobs like that and I would like one of those.

But I'm also really interested in physics and knowing how the universe works and knowing how things happen down to the basic physics.

And Programming also interests me and I think coding is really fun. Making computers work how I want is very fun.

Finance and economy also interests me a lot. Anything from managing companies to buying and selling assets and analyzing the market seems really interesting to me.

Of course I also care about money, so ability to make much money is also a factor.

I can't decide which of these field I wanna spend my life in, so I ask you for help. Any help is appreciated.
>>
Physics is only employable when you have a PhD. It is also easily learned outside of the degree.

Don't do applied physics/engineering physics. I have never heard anything good about that.
>>
>>17950328
Not even after a master? Because I was thinking about a master in any of the subjects.

Why is eng phys bad?
>>
>>17950328

>Physics is only employable when you have a PhD

Bullshit

> It is also easily learned outside of the degree

It is not

>Don't do applied physics/engineering physics. I have never heard anything good about that.

I'm quite sure that "hearing" about that is the closest you got to physics.

t. successfully employed applied physics bachelor
>>
>>17950256
Where exactly are you located in Europe?
>>
>>17950504
What do you work with? What do other applied physics bachelors work with?
>>
>>17950544

Laser manufacturing. But really, a degree is more of a certificate that lets potential employers know that you have a basic understanding of physics. The range of possible employment areas is quite broad.

>>17950543

Shouldn't matter too much. As long as he is in western europe, or within the EU, he should be ok. Unless you live in Moldova, then I'm sorry OP.
>>
>>17950585
Some European countries have free universities while others dont, and Europe is small enough to study abroad without much trouble. True about western Europe though.
>>
>>17950605
>>17950543
I'm in Sweden.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.