[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is a college level workload like? I dont mean community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1484160656362.jpg (171KB, 647x820px) Image search: [Google]
1484160656362.jpg
171KB, 647x820px
What is a college level workload like?
I dont mean community college i mean a four year uni in the STEM fields.
How many assignments do you do a day?
Are they difficult/time consuming?
Can you give some examples?
Can you/should you slack off on them?
>>
High school is a fuckin cake walk compared to college is all i can tell you
>>
It honestly depends more on you than what you're studying.
>>
>>17947970
>britbong UoN CS student

Depends on the degree.
Some like Phys has a very high difficulty and workload, cs and engineering are not always as tough, but still have high workloads.

A Levels for me were as difficult as uni, uni just took more 'effort'. You can become really efficient if you are smarter and have done similar work before.

However even with a social life and vidya you can more than easily get a first in your degree, because you generally never have more than three projects to work on at a time, and on average you have a couple of weeks to do them. I'm sure universities will also vary a lot..

Finally, you can slack.. early on. Usually the first year of college/uni just requires you to pass and does not influence your final grade. Don't slack on content you like, or want to continue studying in the future.
>>
>>17947970
College is easy

All you need to do is after your classes is to go to the library and do your work
I had usually like 6 hours of classes, them 2 hours of homework
EZ

Don't slack off, don't bitch out

All it takes is a small time dedication
Everyday after class, do 2 hours of homework until you're done
>>
>>17948215
damn that's really good advice
>>
>>17948215
>>17948252
cuz like even if you're done with hw like if you just dedicate 2 hours to studying or at least sitting in front of a book with no interruptions you're pretty much guaranteed to get at least a B
>>
>>17948259
This nigger gets it

College is easy
It only seems hard by the retards who sleep during class and want to go out smoking weed and robbing convenience stores.

And also, take all your notes by pen, but not computer
Doing out the act of writing embeds it in memory
>>
>>17947970
Focus on UNDERSTANDING the material instead of just learning it. Discover how and why everything comes together. Be able to teach the information given. My workload didn't increase from highschool to college, but my freetime did. Manage your time wisely; have a social life if possible. I recommend having nonstem friends.

Also, don't be one of those people that complains about having too much work. There is always someone with a heavier workload than you.

Goodluck, Anon.
>>
>>17948270
>want to go out smoking weed and robbing convenience stores.

kek
>>
>>17947970
Words of advice I've been given is that if you fall behind you stay behind.

I personally struggled with my finals because I didn't study for them nor did practice exams(my year 1 grades don't contribute to my degree GPA so I didn't bother), but I got a B in everything bar one where I got an A, simply because I attended all my lectures and took notes. I also ensured I finished all my assignments on time. My coursework all totaled >=40 out of 50 so I really just had to show up for my finals to pass.

I do a lot of Mathematics and the assignments are not time consuming unless you don't know how to the question in particular. This I assume applies to every subject.

Should you slack off? No.

>>17948215
This is good advice, thanks.
>>
>>17948270
I don't want to be the asshole, but your perception may be warped, because you went to a bad university. University is not and should definitely not be easy.
>>
>>17948750
He's probably speaking relatively too though. Since my cousin got his job he started saying uni was ez.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.