[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (7KB, 225x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
url.jpg
7KB, 225x224px
So my friend had a PC he wanted to sell, I offered to buy it. No problem.

A few days later my car broke down and I needed the money for new parts. I cant afford to buy his PC any longer.

I told him and he said that's ok BUT I NEED TO BUY HIM A NEW COPY OF WINDOWS because he formatted the hard drive for me. As I don't want to buy it anymore he needed a new copy of windows to make it a functional PC again.

I didn't give him any money for the PC and it was never in my possession. But in his opinion I still owe him money for a new copy of windows.

I told him to fuck off and now he is angry with me and spamming my voicemail.

In /adv/s opinion who is correct here? Me or him?
>>
>>17947121

kinda depends on the conversation you had.

did he ask you if you wanted him to reinstall windows? did you agree saying it was good to go?

or did you say 'yeah id buy it?' then that night he went and did that without talking to you?
>>
>>17947121
>>17947130

also why was he going to give it to you without any OS installed thats really weird.
>>
>>17947121
He should still have his hard copy of Windows that came with pc or backups that literally everyone should have as they take no time to make.

Besides, he wasn't going to be using it anymore anyway, the fuck does he need a functional OS on there for anyway?
>>
>>17947130

The latter. I just said I'd buy it. We didn't talk about specifics like hard drives.

I assumed he would just take the hard drive out and I'd buy a new one, but he chose to format it instead.
>>
Friend or "friend"?

If this guy is a real friend, head over to his house, crack open a sixpack and get drunk with him while you watch football and talk to Microsoft customer support. They will help you get a new install of windows with the old license.
>>
>>17947137
>the fuck does he need a functional OS on there for anyway?

because it had one before I offered to buy it, therefore "I stole his OS from him" or something.

..and he's a stubborn twat.
>>
>>17947143

Friend (of about 15 years)

But I don't want to talk to him right now.
>>
>>17947121
If he had a legitimate copy of windows then Microsoft has his info and he just need to call them and get the activation key. If not, just pirate it.

Either his copy wasn't legitimate and he wants to screw you over, or he is just dumb.
>>
>>17947150

>but i dont want to talk to him right now

thats a pretty big sign of immaturity and sounds like you're not tellign us the whole story.

worst case scenario, you pirate him windows 7 and call it a day.
>>
Youre both retarded just pirate it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.