[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to keep a guy away from a girl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (458KB, 2122x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
458KB, 2122x1600px
I met this girl from my college a few weeks ago and I fell in love with her. She's simple and traditional, doesn't have too many friends and she's not that good looking either but she has a cute smile and an even cuter demeanor. We chat often, we sympathize with each other, I've caught her looking at me sometimes etc so I believe I have pretty good chances. Right now I just want to get to know her better and hopefully ask her out in a few weeks.

But there is this one guy who has been chasing her for more than a month or two now. Poo in loo muslim manlet, not very smart, not very good looking, not very social either. He's tryharding so fucking hard, holding doors open and doing that kind of stuff all the time. It's more than evident he likes her, she knows this. But I'm kind of worried. For example, today we had a class together and I sat next to some friends. Then the girl sat next to me, which was nice. But then she saw that the muslim guy was alone and after a while went like "oh x is alone, i should go there" and sat next to him instead. What do I make of this? She seems to be the kind of girl that sacrifices her well being for the well being of others, but should I be worried? I'm good looking, I lift, I'm kind of social, good grades, and my conversations with her are often quite lively and I can make her talk and sometimes laugh even though she's a quiet girl. He is literally the opposite of me, but as it stands he spends more time with her than I do. What the fuck is this? What do I do? Should I be clearer about what I want (drop hints that I'm looking for more than friendship)? I think the biggest problem here is that they're both kind of lonely and often end up together, while I'm on a social circle of my own. I'm so pissed off, what do I do? I'm completely autistic when it comes to this kind of stuff, never had a gf and I have no experience when it comes to girls.
>>
I can see your austism, give it a break, meet other people. If you try something suddenly she will notice and turn you down easily.

You cannot force how people interact, just behave yourself and hope for the best.
>>
>>17946317
Meeting other people doesn't really help when all I want is her. I suppose spending time with friends keeps my mind off of it but it doesn't really help either. I'll just keep chatting with her whenever I can and make sure that she enjoys my company more than she enjoys his. He's awkward and shy so it's not like he'll ask her out any time soon. I really want to drop some snarky remarks about the other guy here and there but it's probably best if I don't
>>
>>17946271
Ask her out? How is that not obvious?

You can't keep her on hold for yourself forever, either make a move or she'll eventually end up with someone else
>>
File: image.jpg (313KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
313KB, 800x1200px
>>17946345
Yeah I'm planning on asking her out eventually. As I mentioned we only started talking like what two weeks ago? And we don't talk everyday, in fact I don't even have her number. We're basically acquaintances at this point, I'd like to get to know her better, maybe flirt a little bit and see how she reacts. She's almost as autistic as I am, never had a bf and I don't even know if she's looking for one. Maybe I'm being a pussy but I think taking things slow is the right way to go.
>>
>>17946359
Taking things slow is exactly the wrong way to go. Ask her out. You should already have, it might be too late. You need closure ASAP.

You don't sound like a prize yourself, so don't expect her to say yes.
>>
>>17946372
I'll keep that in mind then, thanks. I should be casual about it right? Just asking if she wants to go get something to eat after classes or something should be enough I suppose
>>
"Hey, want to hang out?"

That's it.
Don't get strung along.
>>
Be sure to never mention the other guy when talking to her. You clearly have issues. And if you start talking shit about that guy, even if what you said is halfway true, you'll come across as an extremely insecure whiner.

I actually hope he asks her out and she says yes. That way you'll learn for the next time when a "poo in loo muslim manlet" snatcher her from you.
>>
>>17946429
Got it, thanks for the help anon
>>
>>17946433
Evidently I don't talk to anyone the same way I talk here. I'm actually on good terms with the guy. I was just kind of pissed off when I wrote the post and ended up venting some anger without thinking. You're right though, I tend to be really competitive when it comes to shit like this
>>
>>17946271
You could have joined her and also sat next to the muslim. Would have reinforced you as a good guy. Would also have reinforced you as being her friend.

>social circle of my own
As a lonely person I can say I prefer the company of other lonely people over normalfags and chads who can't possibly relate to me, even if they are attractive and can show me the world(because the world they are going to show me is just going to be night clubs and other places I don't want to go to).

If you're a cool person who also happens to have friends then I'll root for you, though. But the fact that you didn't join her earlier is a bad sign.
>>
>>17946271
Despite all your "qualities" it is entirely possible that she just likes the muslim dude more than she likes you, and how she filters her suitors is none of your business.
>>
>>17946492
I get you. I used to be like you, but in college I managed to find a group of friends who are genuinely nice people I can relate to, albeit a bit geeky. They aren't chads and stacies at all.

But yes, I need to realize that if I want to seriously date this girl I need to sacrifice some of the time I spend with them to be more present to her. That's also a major problem.
>>
>>17946492
Last time I studied I went to lunch with this other lonely person, and a group of people yelled at me to join them even though there was only one chair left on their table. Fuck that shit, no man left behind.

>>17946542
If you're cool then maybe you and your entire group could move over to the lonely person. It happened to my brother once. It was very heartwarming.
>>
>>17946502
THIS.

Did it ever occur that she actually likes that fucker?
>>
>>17946567
Yes, if I was sure she didn't I wouldn't have made this post. But honestly, I really doubt it. I could be wrong, but I hope not. She and her family are extremely catholic and when she's with him it doesn't really seem like she's having fun. Thats the feeling I get at least
>>
>>17946271

why not just ask her out now then? you've known her a few weeks ago you claim you are 'in love' with her, and if it turns out shes not the kind of girl you want to be with you can break up with her in a few weeks anyway.

no, there is no way to keep a guy away from a girl without severe manipulation.
>>
>>17946611
So she probably doesn't like him. But what makes you think she likes YOU any better?
>>
>>17946611
OP again, forgot to mention some things.

With him, it feels like she barely ever takes initiative. A few days ago me and her were fucking around and she taught me how to do some origami stuff for example. With him, it's often him sheepishly asking her something and she accepts, but the vibe I get is like a "he likes me, I dont want to hurt him so I should be nice and accept" kind of thing. Keep in mind I'm biased as fuck though. Also this could be her being shy around him because she's interested in him, as I mentioned she's not exactly outgoing so that could be the case I suppose. I think the biggest thing here was her choosing to go over to him when he was alone instead of staying with me, that's was surprised me the most and kind of made me open my eyes. As you can tell by the OP I'm (overly) confident in myself so that was like a kick in the nuts.
>>
>>17946611
>and when she's with him it doesn't really seem like she's having fun. Thats the feeling I get at least
Maybe they have a pact. I hung around a literally autistic guy for a year because all my "friends" were unreliable as fuck and only felt like being with me occasionally. I did the same thing where I would ditch my friends and sit with him if it meant he would be alone otherwise, even thought I had more fun with my friends. Autism guy was the only one I could rely on so I developed a loyalty towards him.
>>
>>17946700
That's interesting but I doubt it. She has a little group of close loyal girl friends but basically none of them have classes with her, so she often ends up with me or muslim guy in those situations. It's kind of annoying, she's hanging with them all the time which makes her hard to approach, even though I know most
of her friends. I guess I'm the same with my friend group though.
>>
She probably doesn't realize you like her.

Maybe she thinks you're friendzoning her.
>>
>>17946733
So she has a pact with muslim guy for the duration of their classes.
>>
>>17946734
>>17946734
I am sure she doesn't realize I like her. That's probably what I need to work on next, subtly hinting that I'm after something more.
I doubt she thinks that, I don't even fully understand what the friendzone is and I honestly don't think she does either
>>
>>17946757
>subtly hinting

Ask her out. Period.
>>
>>17946750
Oh I get it. Yes, you nailed it that's kind of the feeling I get. That's actually a really good way to put it. Again I've always been really biased when it comes to this stuff so that may not be the case but that might be it.
>>
>>17946757
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wNwVBQeFrQ
Keep your intentions clear when dating a woman to avoid friendzone.
>>
>>17946763
I will. I just want to see how she reacts first
>>
Not OP but can someone explain the advantages of straight up asking someone out before you get to know them, as opposed to getting to know them and testing the waters a little before asking them out?
>>
>>17946814
Depends if by testing the waters you mean chat with her to know her better, or orbit her for weeks.
>>
>>17946271
>But there is this one guy who has been chasing her for more than a month or two now.

you have nothing to worry about he is some loser who is chasing her and he is never going to get her. you know you have loser her if she is doing the chasing and not the other way around.
>>
>>17946771
Kek that was a good watch. Yeah I agree, making it clear that I'm interested is the right course of action right now.

Thanks for the help anons, most of you were helpful
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.