[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked is it to kick out a housemate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>Be renting a house with three others for college. First year living together.
>One of them, guy we kinda knew and considered a friend (Only talked to him at mutual get togethers) is a total asshole
>He pisses off other friendanon and I, and we're getting progressively more sick of it.
He bitches about every little thing, doesn't pick up his trash, is a total slob, treats others like shit when he's pissed, has anger issues, faults everyone else when they make slight goofs, but when he does it he's 100% justified because he's tired, sick, busy, etc. My friend and I both agree that nobody has ever made us more mad and more often than him. We're both relatively laid back and calm guys, but he knows how to get under our skin. My friend has even seriously considered moving out when our lease is up because he's sick of the guy.

I told him I'd rather him stay and our "friend" go. He's giving me half-supportive responses though, so I'm gonna talk to him later about it, seriously getting a new roommate because we have a few options, and we agreed while it could always be worse, that we shouldn't have to deal with his shit. We're well aware that this would sever the friendship, and that he would most likely just abandon school altogether and move back home, and I told friendanon that "I honestly wouldn't care at this point. We never interacted with him much in high school so it's no skin off my back if we don't hear from him again."

What should we do, guys? I don't want to HAVE to kick him out, but it's getting bad, we've talked to him about it MULTIPLE times, and he has only stayed the same, or gotten worse about his attitude towards everything. Our lease is up in June, so we still have plenty of time to make a decision/find another housemate if we have to, but shit I'm out of ideas.
>>
>>17945717
Have a buddy in the exact some situation, he and his friend hate their other roommate in their apartment because of literally every reason you've listed. I've met the dude 2 times he's pretty terrible.

Anyway they are relieved becausemail it's his last semester living in that apartment so they're getting off free anywhome, but in your situation I would recommend just getting a new roommate and getting the guy out. If he makes you that mad you really don't need him as a friend at all.
>>
>>17945717
If you've talked to him already and he hasn't changed then yeah, kick him out.

Who is on the lease?
>>
I am the asshole described, if i had no other options of living other than the roommate house, a simple "get your shit together or you're outta here" chat would probably straighten me up. But if hes overly prideful, id word it more sensitively than that. Because having 3 roomies splitting rent is obv better than 2. Unless you have a cooler roomie on standby then just drop his ass
>>
>>17946146
They have already had that conversation, but maybe not the "or you're outta here" part. If they haven't, that's a good place to start. Maybe give the guy one more chance with him knowing it's his last.
>>
>>17945717
>but shit I'm out of ideas

not really you posted here :)

yeah that reads like it is un-fixable

something has to change, either you 2 keep getting pissed off or somebody moves out

c'mon trying to change another person is very difficult, trying to change yourself is difficult why do you think you 2 can change him ?

let his boss at work deal with his crappy behavior

you 2 need some peace & quiet at home
>>
>>17945717
Have you both confronted him? (You need to do this together.) If you have and he hasn't changed, kick him the fuck out. Your home should not be a toxic environment.

I wish I could kick out my housemate, but the owner won't do it. He sounds very similar to yours. I'm fucked cause I can't afford to live on my own. No more roommates!
>>
>>17946146
>>17946563

I've considered confronting him with the threat, but we're both kinda worried that if we tell him that we'd find a new housemate, that he'd magically be the perfect housemate for the remainder of our lease, and then the day we renew it he'd go back to his old habits.
>>
>>17946846
Whose name(s) are on the lease?
>>
>>17946846
You could male him sign a roommate agreement. If you have something in writing, he may be more committed, and you have written proof if he goes back to his old ways.
>>
>>17947021
All four of us are on the lease.

But I imagine that we could simply just agree to NOT sign next year's lease with him if he refuses to go. Because he can't afford a 4room place on his own. His only option would be to leave.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.