[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't stand current generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: 1484050842292.png (67KB, 350x338px) Image search: [Google]
1484050842292.png
67KB, 350x338px
I don't know why, but I hate current generation of people, fucking hate the new music, singers, movies, movie stars and popstars, everything seems too fucking faggy and shitty.
I tryed to accept everything, but I can't! I don't know, everything doesen't seem's to be as good as was in past......
Even the past gay singers look more straight then actually the current straight ones.
The woman look so bitchy and unnatural then were in past, everything is to damn fake and shitty.
It's like everything's changed and still changing in a bad way. Am I the only one who feel this way?
>>
>>17942952
I believe this has been going down since the renaissance
>>
It's called getting older. Don't worry, you'll be fine champ.
>>
>>17942952

>Can't stand current generation

No one says you have to?

I'm 23 and I find the current culture vapid and silly. If you like the older things, then just go with that. No problems.

I'd say though that the key is not thinking in terms of absolutes. Just because the current zeitgeist is shit doesn't mean that *everything* that comes out of it has to be.
>>
>>17943007
I'm 23, but can't listen anything besides of 70,80,90 and early 2000 music.
>>
so what are the negative effects on your life?
>>
>>17943043
Well, the things that I hat more are selfie, instogram, facebook, current singers, homosexual propoganda in everything.
Everything suck.
>>
>>17942952
I'm 20 but don't regard most of those things as shitty. But I do think things are socially shitty with all the SJW feminism nu-male PC shit, which is a pretty awful reality. Those people are honestly just bullies and assholes hiding behind righteousness as an excuse to go apeshit at people.
>>
Look, the politics suck, sure, but the art stuff hasn't had a chance to filter yet. We don't know what will fall by the wayside of history and what gems will be unearthed later.

Every generation had shit music/movies etc. They just aren't really remembered now. You have to let time do it's thing.

The over made up stuff about women and the like are shitty though, totally with you on that.
>>
>>17943039
all of those periods of music suck desu
>>
>>17943066
Fuck you....
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (116KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
116KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>17943082
it's for your own good. go edify yourself and stop listening to the brainwash.
>>
>>17942952
the main stream has more or less always been shitty. the plebs have always liked what is given to them with out thought. go back to ancient greece and plato used to moan about people idolizing athletes instead of philosophers, and go back to the 19th century and Nietzsche complained of the masses liking shitty books.

when you look at the past, you are only seeing the good shut that people remembered. there was tons of shitty mainstream music back in the day, same with movies, idols or whatever you like.
>>
>>17943022
>I'm 23 and I find the current culture vapid and silly.

when was it better? in the 80s the normies where taking drugs all the time and fucking with out any thought. yeah, we have the SJWS now but they have always been around, they just have more of a platform now because of the internet.
>>
>>17943140
And plus the protection of politics and government.
>>
>>17943162
the politicians support liberal academics. sjws just take academic research and make it look bad because of their attitude. the government should help minorities groups. and anway, people are becoming more right wing. it always happens because people dont look study things.
>>
>>17943051
Kys anon, only option
>>
>>17943162
You must really be sheletered if you think "le esjaydubyew maymay" is a real threat
>>
You're not alone...
>>
>>17942952
Pop culture has always been shitty. Nothing has changed. Like 6 good albums came out in 2016 if you can't find good music you just aren't looking.
>>
>>17943224
You're really sheltered if you don't. SJWs are going after people's jobs and targeting individuals and businesses if they don't go along with the program. I know people who are having to choose between their livelihoods and their beliefs and values because of how the tide has changed in just the past few years.
>>
>>17943039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFKsdtOeug

https://youtu.be/TTy8iSdQMwM

https://youtu.be/Vl2Rmw5hsao

https://youtu.be/vtpatWEmxio

https://youtu.be/UimYiaFfnqE

https://youtu.be/mMF6hsQNrBw

>>
>>17943260
>SJWs are going after people's jobs and targeting individuals and businesses if they don't go along with the program.

yeah but what views are these individuals and businesses expressing? if its racism or prejudice against minority groups, its obviously because the government is trying to remove discrimination against minority groups from the consciousness of society. also, the government does appose some sjw views, they oppose anything that strongly advocates patriarchy.
>>
I just can't understand that how people are accepting trash like Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Zayn with his ex shitty faggy band one direction.
Or why the fuck people do make Taylor Swift so special? Fuck her, I can't stand all of them!
>>
The worst of them are Kardashians, the cancer of television, even the fucking Parris Hilton doesn't look that bad anymore compared to them, and believe me I fucking hated her back in a days....
>>
>>17943320
>>17943333
Who care what plebs do, stupid. Stop watching television. It's not difficult to insulate yourself from philistines. There have always been plebs. It's not a new thing.
>>
The whole homosexual propoganda on television, where the government is forcing to normal people to tell their children that gays are a normal people like african americans, latinos and asians. Fuck! Since when did faggots considired to be a race? The're an ill people that need a medical help, and should be placed in asylum.
Or even worse, when the parent's are alright with the fact that their kids are homosexual, and not only thT but they're also proud of what kind of faggots did they gtowed..... Or more worse, when goverment is forcing normal people to accept that their childeren are gays, and not letting to do something about it.
If this is what've become with human race, then animals are more intelligent people then whe are...
>>
>>17943051
>homosexual propoganda

back to /pol/ you go
>>
>>17943344
I don't give a fuck about the television, I'm not even watching it.
The thing is that many people or I should say the 80% of them are copying all the trash they see.
>>
>>17943352
you are so fucking edgy. kys
>>
>>17943365
yeah but thats because they are stupid plebs and are used by higher class people to work shitty jobs. if you can figure out some way to make a paradise, im all ears.
>>
>>17943352
Who thinks they're a race? What the fuck?

Nothing wrong with being gay, man. But there is something wrong with being you.
>>
>>17942952
There is so much good music coming out right now.

You clearly aren't trying very hard if the only music you're experiencing is surface-level cheap pop/hip-hop radio trash.

That stuff is produced quickly, cheaply, and mass-produced because the people who write and market it know that its influence is fleeting.

The good music coming out now is lower-key independent stuff - made by people who aren't making music for a paycheck but because they actually really love music.

That's kind of the beauty of the internet age, you don't need to be signed to a huge record label to get exposure. Real people (not the big music industry robots) actually make music now and do it all themselves.

You should look into bands like Tame Impala, Washed Out, TOBACCO, anything signed to Rad Cult records, Tycho...

There's also some great dance music coming out too, LCD Soundsystem is amazing, although they haven't put out an album since 2010. Same with Holy Ghost!

Check out Death Grips if you want some of the most cutting edge experimental hip hop/electronic out there - these guys are basically inventing a new genre.

Even most of these bands are pretty surface level as far as "non-radio" music goes, but they're defining this decade for sure (cept maybe LCD Soundsystem -they're more of a 2000's band).
>>
>>17943352
Why do you care about what other people do so much?
>>
>>17943403
Death Grips and Tame Impala are over rated. That vocal effect tame impala used on the whole fucking record was a weak crutch and the whole "we make classic rock style music but have absolutely no chops" black keys white stripes genre sucks as a whole.
>>
>>17943414
Everyone's a critic.

Regardless there's more out there than just that, that's kind of the point I'm trying to make.
>>
>>17943420
I already posted like 5 songs from this year that were on good albums. I just sincerely hate that shit genre. I want some chops when I listen to music. A Lot Like Birds - How I Parted the Red Sea is a great example of new shit that takes it further rather than stagnates like that genre.
https://youtu.be/QzgZaz8KGlM

Jamiroquai's 2010 album fucking destroys too. Basslines and properly good vocal melodies for days.
https://youtu.be/k_bQ0h85gY8
>>
>>17942952
I genuinely hate people like you.

You don't have to accept anything. You can do whatever you like, listen to whatever you please, and let people do what they want.
You're not better than others just because you like different shit.

Also - you're ignorant. There is a ton of awful music made in the past, there are a ton of shit movies made in the past, there is a lot of GREAT stuff made today. There has always been and there always will be good and shit art. History just filters most shit out.
>>
>>17943403
>>17943414
I'm older than the dude writing this for sure (46). I saw Tame Impala in 2010 I guess and that show was so boring everyone was texting by the end of it. That was like the last show I went to…But I'm not such a fogey that I don't' thing there's not great music out there. Trap, esp.
>>
>>17943441
Trap is dogshit bro

If we're talking edm then electrohouse is where it's at. People who can actually fucking play.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNHqqeTreo
>>
Here is advice for all you fags from /pol/ and your homosexual propaganda things.

Being gay is not a choice, if watching movies with gay people makes you think gay thoughts then you are gay.

I mean I've never met a bunch of fags so in denial they are literally making up a gay propaganda conspiracy because they want to suck dick.

I watched tons of modern shit and have yet to have the urge to suck a big phat d or have it in my ass. No amount of sassy sissies in movies is going to make me want to suck dick because I'm not gay, if you get the urge to suck dick watching that shit then guess what that shit was in you all along make of that what you will
>>
>>17943454
I'm pretty sure that for some people it is a choice and for others it isn't.

The real question is why anyone should care about what other people do.
>>
>>17943441
You cannot find shit you do not like these days.

There is such a huge variety of things, genres of old still exist and people still produce music fitting for those genres. They sound similar but if they are to your liking or not is for you to decide.

All that might be happening is that you don't enjoy mainstream culture anymore and that's hardly something to complain about.

I have my hobbies and shit and genres I like, I dab into different things but won't watch things like star wars because I do not enjoy space scifi at all. I know what I like and where to get it from.

Maybe you shouldn't just expect mainstream culture to fit your needs and just look for cool shit that you might enjoy because saying nothing good is being produced these days is just stupid on another level because good in this context is subjective, it's a balant disregard to millions of artists who are putting out thoughtful and non-pandering pieces of work and it's mighty retarded to think in a day and age where artists can produce as freely and in such big numbers there is nothing that suits your tastes.

Complaining about the mainstream like you're doing is like opening some gossip paper and complaining that it has no value for you because you don't enjoy gossip and would rather have something different.
Yes that's understandable but then don't pick up shit you know you won't like. You're almost 50, you should already have a vast network of hobbies and sources for entertainment at your disposal.

Stop expecting people to coddle and spoofeed you entertainment.
>>
File: IMG_3008.jpg (36KB, 485x326px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3008.jpg
36KB, 485x326px
>>17943352
You type like a pooinloo, so I am not at all surprised.
>>
>>17943475
That's not op. Op said he was 23.

That dude was just agreeing that tame impala sucks
>>
>>17943007
>not calling him chimp
Also OP you must have a racist father I'm guessing because my father is in the same boat
>>
>>17943465
No if you can chose between man and woman that makes you bi, the gay is still in you.

Straight people cannot chose, that's how being straight works.

These terms have definitions and sexuality isn't fluid. If you discover new shit about your sexuality it was always there you just discovered it.

Now I agree what you do with your genitals is none of my fucking business as long as the consent is there, animals and kids cannot give that by the way, you're good to go.
>>
>>17943481
Ok thanks for telling me
>>
>>17943140
I can tell you're a little bit retarded because you say things like "normies" unironically.

Do what you're going to do, but I recommend not just sitting around condescending to the status quo. Read your old shitty literature, get into ax throwing, and wear tophats and attend reenactments and shit, but do it without the chip on your shoulder. When you're fifty and still living in your mother's basement, that chip on your shoulder is going to turn into a deep, deep pain of a life basically unlived, as you could have been participating in your gay ass past times much more fully and not just as a reaction toward your complete and utter social failures.

So, basically just be a reject, hang out with the other rejects, embrace the whole thing and enjoy your time with them as best you can, because it's going to be as good as its gonna get for you. I know most people of the current generation have probably essentially told you that you're worthless through constant and utter rejection, and they're half right. Just make sure that you don't get wrapped up in that pathetic little defense mechanism disguised as superiority for your entire life, because if there is a way for you to be more of a loser than you already are, that is the path to take.
>>
>>17943541
lol. i have nothing against the average person, im pretty normal myself. i was just using normie as a term for the average person. i wasnt condescending, i was just saying that people are not much different today. stop projecting so hard.
>>
>>17943352
You sure think a lot about gay people.
>>
File: (You).gif (3MB, 400x362px) Image search: [Google]
(You).gif
3MB, 400x362px
>>17943121
>that one little bitch who keeps implying ALL music made in the last 50 years is shit

please pull the stick out of your ass no one cares
>>
>>17943600
You'd be suprised how hard it is these days for an alpha male like me.
Seeing all these sweaty men from global warming and with the current fitness epedemic everybody is ripped and shaved and oily it's making my butthole shiver in anger and sometimes I get so angry that I'll even get erections from high blood pressure.

It's hard for a straight alpha male like me but I'll jerk myself out of this gay straightjacket and I'll confront these fags bare chested and neatly trimmed like a real man does.
>>
File: gay sam flam.jpg (134KB, 877x620px) Image search: [Google]
gay sam flam.jpg
134KB, 877x620px
>>17943633
please continue with this line of thought.

It's always been a fantasy of mine to be sexually humiliated by a """straight""" alpha male who's passionate about hating queers
>>
Gay supporters are more worse then gays.
>>
so what advice do you want
>>
>>17943840
Will your ilk not be satisfied until government is in our bedrooms making sure we are following proper intercourse protocol?

Not a gay supporter, just don't give a fuck about others sexual pursuits. You should try the same.
>>
Fuck gays. How can any of us ever get anything done when there are sweaty men out there ramming each other in the ass? How are we supposed to think about anything else?
>>
File: 353653.png (181KB, 397x350px) Image search: [Google]
353653.png
181KB, 397x350px
>>17942952
I grew up in the 80s and pop culture is in the best state it's been since Madonna and Michael Jackson. We were in pop culture hell from about 1996 up until just recently, like 2011/12. In literally every way. Look at those Star Wars films, what pieces of fucking shit. And the second two Matrix films, and reality television, and MySpace, it fucking sucks. The only thing good about the decade 2000-2010 is I got laid for the first time, it was a great experience.
>>
>>17942952
Legit, the very same conflict between old and young has been going on for millenium. Im not even exaggerating. Aristophanes' 'The Wasps' (~422b.c) , the old generation, represented by Procleon, talks about how soft and faggy his sons (Anitcleon) generation is. How all the young care about is their looks, and clothes
>>
*tips bedora*

And what have you contributed to society other than complaining and consuming the culture you hate?
>>
god you're such a special snowflake it's gross
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.