[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I say something like "I really don't like Twenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: twenty-one-pilots-feature.jpg (159KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
twenty-one-pilots-feature.jpg
159KB, 720x480px
If I say something like "I really don't like Twenty one pilots, but when I'm high, I can tolerate listening to them for some reason", is that considered "bitching" and "complaining"? That was a joke I had made to a friend and she got really pissy about it for some reason.
>>
>>17942446

she obv really likes them and you badmouthed them... what do you expect?
>>
>>17942446

> is that considered "bitching" and "complaining"?

if you're friend likes twenty-one pilots then you are doing the equivalent of saying he is so stupid that it would take drugs for you to be on his level.

Obviously you didnt mean that, at least i hope. But unless he knows you well and your humor i could easily see how it would be taken as an insult and definitely "bitching" and "complaining", especially fi you originated talking about them in the first place.

If you actively dont like something that someone you care about does, dont insult it. It is the equivalent of insulting them. That is generally rude, mean and hurtful.
>>
>>17942459

TL;DR

If you knew your friend liked them and you brought it up without being asked about them, then it was absolutely an asshole move.

It doesnt make you a prick, dick or degenerate in any way (only unless you sincerely intended to hurt them, which it doesnt sound like you did), but your choice to say it was a bad one.
>>
The way I put it is "I appreciate it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it."

She's obviously a bit insecure and you hurt her by being honest. It's hard to word honesty to not be hurtful, but there's only so much you can do. How she takes it is ultimately on her.
>>
>>17942446

I don't believe for a second that you honestly think you were bitching or complaining and I think you just came here for the echo chamber of "Yeah dude you did nothing wrong."

You know you did nothing wrong. You don't need a thread of people agreeing with you to feel ok about it.
>>
>>17942466
I didn't, I asked if she knew who they were and she said yes. I thought she would've disliked them in all honestly, so I thought it would've been a joke to her.
>>
>>17942467
>How she takes it is ultimately on her.

I totally understand where you are coming from and have actively dealt with some things i say being taken as rude or arrogant.

The truth is that this
>ultimately on her
is plainly untrue in the real world. Intention is 1/10 of the law. Seriously, this is a very unhealthy and dooming type of philosophy to take.

Ultimately you have to be readily conscious of how your words and actions affect others, be able to communicate what you mean in other language if you have even the mildest suspect what you said was taken incorrectly, and the ability to apologize for things that you never meant or intended to do.
>>
>>17942481
You're fine dude, you did absolutely nothing wrong. Nothing in your intention or action was in any way even mildly mean or remotely bad/wrong given you had no idea.

But take it as a learning experience because you'll come across this situation hundreds of times in your life, thus:

>Ultimately you have to be readily conscious of how your words and actions affect others, be able to communicate what you mean in other language if you have even the mildest suspect what you said was taken incorrectly, and the ability to apologize for things that you never meant or intended to do.
>>
>>17942481

dont be so fucking negative you shit!!!
>>
>>17942446
Don't be friends with uptight faggots, it's a waste of energy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.