[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently turned eighteen. I realized i should start being responsible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 14580436675160.jpg (120KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
14580436675160.jpg
120KB, 700x875px
I recently turned eighteen. I realized i should start being responsible and productive. What should i start doing in my life?

I mostly spend my days studying and doing idiotic shit on the internet.

What should i do so i can start feeling good with myself? Should i study more or work out, or make myself a routine?
>>
b u m p
>>
Get laid, nerd.
>>
hike 2 miles minimum every day. see you in 120 years healthlord
>>
>>17939608
Get a job.
>>
>>17939608
Literally read the classics and develop virtuous masculinity
Study
>>
You should start working on your career. If you're going to college don't just do the bare minimum, but apply for internships, join student organizations and be active in them, make connections with people better than yourself including your professors. Nurture those relationships because you'll need them in the future. Work on your personal brand. Professional jobs are very competitive so anything you can do to give you an edge, do it while you still have the fire of youth. Also don't neglect the other aspects of your life. Be courageous, date girks, have safe sex, travel the world of you want to. These things are a lot harder to do once you're done with schooling and settled into adult life
>>
>>17939890
ALSO AVOID DEBT LIKE ITS EBOLA
DEBT IS SLAVERY AND THE STRESS OF IT WILL SHAVE YEARS OFF YOUR LIFE

Git gud with money in general. It might not seem like it now but every dollar counts. Get jobs whenever possible and save a portion of your income. Learn about investing. Learn to live on a little.

If you're going to college don't choose some bullshit major with no job prospects. Find out what's needed in the area you plan to live in and if it matches up with your abilities and interests go for it.

Also sit down and really think. Come up with a vision and a plan for your life and stick to it. Don't let anyone take you off the path: not some girl, not your friends, not your unexplainable urge to play through all the mainline Pokemon games instead of studying. The things that are important to you now likely won't be in 10 years. Live in the moment, but also have the future in mind in everything you do.

Take care of your health. Eat right, workout and see your doctor every year. Your 30, 40, and 50 year old self will thank you.

Sorry if it seems a bit disjointed. These are all the things I wish someone had told when I was 18
>>
File: 1bor.jpg (210KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1bor.jpg
210KB, 1024x1024px
>>17939919
Thanks for all the things you've said. The thing is, i am really worried about my childlish view of the world. I am still not in college, i am still in an economy highschool, sort of, and i want to fulfill my ambitions of becoming an influential man, if not even kind of famous.
I'll sure try to be affecting in college, like you said. I just hope it works well.
>>
>>17939960
>i want to fulfill my ambitions of becoming an influential man, if not even kind of famous
Why? What change do you want to make in the world, with all that influence?
>>
smoke weed
>>
>>17940154
Implement a new idea. Maybe write a book, i don't know. Or maybe people will know me for simply being talented. I don't know....
>>
>>17940175
Invent some new device.
>>
>>17940175
Unless you have a clear goal, you likely won't hit it.
>be famous
>be rich
>be influential
are too vague for the 'behind the scenes' functions of your brain to work with. You'll end up chasing your tail unless you put your goals in objective terms no two people could disagree about.

For example:
>Implement a new idea.
If you don't do this every day, you're a fucking retard.
> write a book
You can accomplish this today.
> maybe people will know me for simply being talented
You could have this in a matter of minutes.

Your brain works hard for you, without you knowing it. But it only works as hard as you ask it to. Your goals won't happen to you. You need to pick them, and define them clearly, if you want to attain them.

What do you want your book to be about? How many copies do you want to sell? Within what time frame are you going to make it happen?
These are the types of questions you should answer, if you want to be effective.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.