[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw 26 >tfw knocked up 26 y/o gf any dads on adv?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

>tfw 26
>tfw knocked up 26 y/o gf

any dads on adv? how do i dad?
>>
you'll be fine. you're old enough to be a dad
>>
File: 1482622284054.jpg (57KB, 605x484px) Image search: [Google]
1482622284054.jpg
57KB, 605x484px
>>17938714
i have less than 3000 savings between my gf and i
should i marry her before she delivers

should i get more shekels?
>>
At least you're not 18.
>>
>>17938710
Happened to me at 29.
It's mostly improv'. I thought I would be a terrible dad but I did fine. Don't be abusive and let your instincts take care of the rest.
>>
>>17938710
First of all, don't try to use 'dad' as a verb.
>>
>>17938714
Lol

>>17938710
Enjoy the final months you having time and money for a long time. Any plans to marry the girl? She's going to be a big part of your life for a long time now, and with a kid on the way your prospects are halfway down the drain.

Just do the norm and go through the pregnancy process with her. Read a book or take a class on early parenting. Make sure your money and job situation is right.
>>
>>17938722

Do the right thing and marry her

It's your child, time to be a man
>>
>>17938731
6 years together, might as well get married desu since shes preggers and i love her, i also alreayd have the ring
>>
File: 1482680933452.png (300KB, 557x519px) Image search: [Google]
1482680933452.png
300KB, 557x519px
>>17938734
yah i've got the ring already it was a donation from mommy
okie dokey, ill do it somewhere semi romantic
>>
bump for more advice from dad anons
>>
>>17938710
>tfw almost 26
>tfw never going to have kids

I honestly don't know why I get up in the morning.
>>
File: 1457656593829.png (119KB, 711x273px) Image search: [Google]
1457656593829.png
119KB, 711x273px
>>17938875
just be urself anon
also don't use condoms
seriously, i went bald at 18. if you can't find a woman who wants your semen in her vagina then you are worse than a man who went prematurely bald at 18.
>>
>>17938896
>you are worse than a man who went prematurely bald at 18.
yeah, I know
>>
At least you got her knocked up at a good age. Your youth is long past expired, welcome to your new life. It was going to happen sooner or later
>>
Switch countries.
You're only 26 and you could be pulling younger bitches easily into your 40s.
>>
do you have a job? if you have then it's fine. you can even go for a second if you feel like it.
>>
>>17938900
ree anon
make more white babies
niggers and muslims are breeding us out, pussy
stop being such a passive cuckold

>>17938902
26 is a good age? I guess so, the kid will be 25ish when im 50 so i can still chill with them i suppose.

i hope there is no miscarriage, etc.
>>
>>17938905
i do have a job, but it's freelance and not super secure. i'll have to look for a f/t job in the marketing field (inb4 meme job)
>>
>>17938906
I have no desire to commit rape. But I'll go kill some non whites, just for you.
>>
>>17938910
>implying there isnt a 0/10 white bitch who will happily take your creamy loads
you aren't trying, you cuck
>>
>>17938912
Nah dude, been there, tried that. Are you not aware that men in our age group outnumber women by tens of thousands?
>>
>>17938916
>tens of thousands
then bleach a black/asian/muslim chick
fuck nigga, it's instinct, etc.
>>
>>17938923
You're gonna have extra kids to make up for me not having any. I really am too repulsive for anyone, why is that so hard to believe?
>>
>>17938932
it's not, i just want to encourage my beta bros
beta you than some arab or nigger
stop having such pitiful self esteem
i'm a 120kg fat cunt who went bald at 18, surely you are not as repulsive as i
>>
>>17938939
>surely you are not as repulsive as i
considering I get btfo constantly when talking to women, then yeah, I am worse than you.

though i am just extra bitter right now since i have a crush on someone
>>
File: 1456908839014.jpg (12KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1456908839014.jpg
12KB, 320x320px
>>17938944
>he doesn't play the numbers game
lmao you fucking cuck
>he has a onenitisi
LMAO

pic related
>>
File: bubby.png (725KB, 742x570px) Image search: [Google]
bubby.png
725KB, 742x570px
>>17938955
>>
If you wanted to marry her before, go ahead and marry her before the baby comes. Don't marry her just because of the baby, though. Babies make shit complicated, and marriage makes things even more complicated.
At your age, you should be fine. Pick up a couple parenting/pregnancy books, especially ones aimed at dads. (I recommendBe Prepared: A Tactical Guide for New Dads, it's mostly funny, but has good stuff) this will not only give you a few good tips dad wise and relationship wise), but it will make you feel more confident and you woman will LOVE that you're putting forth the effort.
Quick tips
>You can't spoil a baby under 6 months
More or less, it's around 6 months that babies sometimes learn to manipulate parents through crying. So for that beginning time, let mom do her thing. You can't spoil an infant that young, it's the natural way of things.
>Be her advocate for pregnancy and birth
If she wants a natural birth, be there to help her breathe, rub her back if she wants it, and tell the doctors to fuck off if they try to bully her into things like Csections, Epidurals, or pitocin. If she wants the drugs, harass those lazy nurses if they aren't giving her what she needs when she asks.

Realize that, depending on the type of baby you get, the first 6 months or so could be hell. You may not feel a bond with the baby, you may be getting no sleep and no sex, but that all passes. Once the abysses through the night, the hormones level out, and the baby starts showing personality, it gets better and better. But having one kid is easy mode. Make sure you have birth control figured out before the baby comes. Women become way more fertile after baby #1. Breast feeding is NOT birth control.
>>
>>17938734
in what way is marrying her "the right thing"
>>
>>17938710
Father of 3, my first child was born when I was 20. Do you need advice with entry level parenting, like how to take rudimentary care of a baby, or stuff like emotional support of a toddler/child, how to deal with fights with your significant other with children, moving, teenage years, or just growing up in general?

I'm going to assume you mean with just general baby/pregnancy things, as your child hasn't even been born yet. The first thing you need to understand is that no real amount of preparation is going to make you 100% ready for what is going to happen, raising your first child is far more extemporaneous than it is pre-planned. Make sure you and the mother have a birth plan, talk about if she wants to get an epidural, natural birth, preferred doctor, hospital, etc. During pregnancy, she is going to be a bitch. No two ways around it, pregnancy, especially the later parts, is painful, hormonal unbalanced, as well as mentally exhausting. She is going to act like she is has PMS nonstop, and she is going to take some of that out on you. Communication at this point is extremely important, as she can say or do things that cut deep, but she doesn't even remember in a few hours. I remember my wife once telling me she cheated on me when she was angry that I didn't get her the food she wanted at 8 months pregnant, and then 2 hours later she had no idea she even said it.

During birth, bring a pre-made supply bag to the hospital. Infant clothes, extra pair of clothes for both you and your significant other, snack food, some drinks, a towel and extra blanket. You may also want to pack your car with a cooler full of easy to prepare food. I slept in the hospital with my wife for 3 days after the birth of our first child, and I was not prepared for such a long stay, having to run to get fast food so often cut deep into my time and wallet. Thankfully the hospital offered food for her, so the mother should be fine. If you plan on breastfeeding, (cont)
>>
>>17938990
>Breast feeding is NOT birth control.
people think that?
>>
>>17939010
I'm 26 and have zero experience. Any and all advice is appreciated.
>>
Tell me anon, what was the birth control fail that allowed this to happen?
>>
>>17939012
Yeah. Many women don't ovulate while they are breast feeding. So if they breastfeed for 2 years, they don't ovulate, which means they can't get pregnant. But some women ovulate right off, some do after a year or so, it's basically a Russian roulette, since you don't know you've ovulated until you get your period.... Or turn up pregnant. I know a woman who's dad was a fucking Doctor, who's mom got pregnant like 4 months after she was born, because it's a common belief that women don't ovulate while breastfeeding.

It's just one of those things. I got my first period like clockwork 9 months Post partum once I stopped nursing, but some women ovulate two months after giving birth, and everything in between.
>>
>>17938710
>>17939010

make sure the mother understands how to properly latch a baby, and both of you know the signs that an infant is hungry: crying, sucking on first/anything he can reach and rooting. Rooting is a reflex that a baby has, that when you stroke his cheek, he will turn his head with an open mouth and slowly spiral in until he finds something to suck on. It is instrumental in getting a good latch for a breastfeeding mother. Another thing you will need to discuss is diapers. Are you going to use disposable or cloth? My first 2 children were cloth diapered, my wife and I only used disposables for long trips and other times when we were not able to get back to our home within the day. No matter your choice, make sure to bring a contingent of diapers to the hospital; depending on the stay you will need them (some hospitals offer diapers for patients, discuss this with the obstetrics ward of the hospital you are planning on using). For either diaper choice, make sure you are checking regularly for any bowel movements, prolonged exposure to feces in a diaper is the main cause of diaper rash. Infant stool does not have a strong odor, especially if you are breastfeeding, do not trust your nose to be able to tell when your baby needs a change. If you are using cloth diapers, you will need to also buy diaper liners if you wish to keep your inserts in good condition. They are small disposable cloth strips that form a thin lining between the baby and the diaper, in order to block stains and fecal bacterial growth in the cloth diaper. Make no mistake, you can only use each cloth diaper once before washing it, but using inserts can reduce how often you need to sanitize them in a bleach wash.
>>
>>17939029
>I got my first period like clockwork 9 months post partum
silly anon, men don't have periods
>>
>>17939037
Omg. Don't talk to your wife about latching. If you're not in a third world country the hospital can make a Lactation consultant available, and books can also help with that (I recommend Mayo Clinics Guide to Pregnancy. Way better than What to Expect)
And unless you're made of money or have a relative that will pay for diaper service, it's going to be disposable. Make sure there is a diaper raffle at the baby shower (I didn't have to buy diaper for more than 6 months!) and Target brand diapers are cheapest and very reliable (but their new wipes suck ass)
>>17939049
My mistake. The nightmares I have of an infant biting my nipples with fresh sharp teeth are otherworldly strong.
>>
>>17938710
abortion

break up

keep bangin chicks

or a miserable life

gee i wonder
>>
>>17938710
>>17939010
>>17939037

Now, the sleep pattern of infants is shaky at best. Many infants do not sleep through the night, so disjointed sleep will most likely be very common. If you are working, see if your job offers paternity leave, at least for the first 3 weeks, in order to help your wife settle in to a routine with the child. A white noise machine, rocking chair, and skin to skin contact are all very helpful in getting infants to sleep. Try to find the schedule your infant is going on, most babies before 3 months will have an internal feeding and sleeping time that should be somewhat consistent between the days. If you can figure out approximately what that is, you can fit your activities around it. Easier to take a nap when you know your baby is going to sleep as well. For the times when your baby is not crying/sleeping/eating/pooping, learn some newborn exercises and activities. Tummy time, and holding the feet of your baby and gently moving them back and forth (simulating walking, or pedaling a bicycle) are very important for developing early muscle tissue, tummy time especially so. Now, tummy time is very self explanatory; as you may already know infants have very weak necks. So weak in fact, that they can barely hold up their own over sized head. Tummy time is when you place your baby on his tummy on a soft mat or blanket, and allow the newborn to lift his head off the floor to look around, and place it back down all on his own.
>>
Don't over sanitize your kid, let it develop it's immune system.
>>
>>17939057
kys scum
>>17939059
mad advice bro
keep it coming
>>
>>17938710
>>17939010
>>17939037
>>17939059

Finally, there are some small words about safety. Most of this should be common sense, but even so i feel the need to talk about it. As stated previously, a newborns neck is extremely weak, so any shaking beyond a gently rocking can be extremely dangerous. As well, a babies head is not fully formed, as the plates of the skull are still disjointed. This leads to the infants skull to be frail, so you should take care with handling it. Also, since the skull plates have not fully aligned, leaving a baby in one position for long periods of time (say, if you drive for a very long car ride, over 10 hours) you can actually disfigure the head. It is extremely rare for plagiocephaly to be permanent, but it is still something to consider. Make sure to buy an infant compatible car seat is you are driving to and from the hospital, or a proper stroller if you are taking public transportation. Place the car seat rear facing and in the back, just follow the instructions given and you will be fine. When sleeping the baby (either co-sleeping or placing them in a crib or bassinet), use only a light blanket, and make sure the baby is sleeping on it's back on a firm surface. Never use pillows, stuffed animals, or comforter blankets with a newborn, nor should you ever sleep in an unenclosed area. All of these factors will help prevent SIDS and sleep strangulation, as well as falling off the bed.

That's about it for a simple overview, you can find more info online, or just talk to your obstetrician about any lingering questions.
>>
>>17938710
>>17939010
>>17939037
>>17939059
>>17939079

>>17939052
Discussing and understanding these things with your wife is important, there were many times that I needed to help my wife latch our son and daughter, and knowing the signs of rooting helps bottle feeding when the mother is out. Which reminds me, if you are breastfeeding, freezing a supply of milk to keep on hand is very helpful, so you may want to invest in a breast-pump.

As well, cloth diapers are extremely cost effective for struggling parents. When I had my first child at the ripe age of 20, my wife and I were well below the poverty line. If you use second hand cloth diapers purchased at a reasonable price, the diaper liners and detergent you will need is far less expensive than buying even the cheapest of disposable diapers, especially if you hand wash them like my wife and I did. Now, in terms of convenience, disposables are far more facilitating, but to argue that cloth diapers are only useful for the wealthy is asinine.
>>
>>17939084
All of that stuff about latching is very basic shit if you have read any sort of book. I guess that's the way I do things, when I research for anything, I read books. Seems very logical to me. If someone other than a lactation consultant had tried to give breastfeeding tips I would have rolled my eyes.

I suppose that's not how your average person prepares for a life changing event?

As far as the diapers, I think most single, childless people don't keep up with their laundry very well. If you're doing disposable diapers (especially in the beginning, when the baby goes through like 20 diapers a day) the extra laundry can completely bury you. I had a friend who was completely committed to disposable diapers. She was even lucky enough to have her mome come in and pay for a diaper service, but she even eventually deferred to disposables.

If you e got your own machines and do a load every day or two anyway, then you're fine, but adding two extra loads a week minimum, to your average person, is going to seem like a monumental extra chore once you're already dealing with a newborn.
>>
>>17939097
I can understand how the extra laundry can be intimidating, but at least for my wife and I it was a necessary step for our financial situation, and the choice will ultimately defer to whether OP thinks he or his significant other can handle the responsibility. As for the latching, I previously stated that I was giving general tips; the posting limit on 4chan is simply too small to give any kind of in depth explanation on multiple topics, and only discussing the proper ways to latch a baby with a new father who was asking for any and all advice seemed like a waste of time. The point I made was to make sure the mother and father were both prepared and knowledgeable on how to latch a baby, especially before the birth. While I personally have no experienced it, I know that my mother when in labor with me was unable to get to the hospital due to a snowstorm that dropped nearly 3 feet of snow. While an on call doctor nearby was able to assist in the birth, she had no lactation consultant, and the doctor had to leave soon after I was born. I was simply stressing the need to be ready for possible contingencies, and to have an open discourse with the mother. I have no knowledge of how she is handling it, but at the very least the father shows and interest in learning what to do, so I will offer any advice I can.
>>
>>17939070
fat chick or cuck?
>>
>>17938906
Yes, 26 is a good age. I mean, it would be more ideal if you already had an stable job but being that young means you have more energy to take care of a newborn.
I don't know a lot, since I never had kids myself but I basically raised my little brother (he was born when I was 15) because both my mother and my father were both usually way too tired to take care of him.
Also, read "What to wait when you're waiting" and some other pregnancy books.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.