[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /adv/ last month i met this girl, and we hit it off real

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1446338146516.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446338146516.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
hey /adv/

last month i met this girl, and we hit it off real nice. First date was great.

In between trying to schedule the next one I made a little slip and made a stupid joke she didn't find funny..., I said sorry and she said lets move on.

for 3 weeks I'd always initiate conversation and she'd always respond warmly, but whenever I tried to schedule a meetup with her she'd always say no because she's mad at me for that dumb joke I did... I never pushed and said okay, wait the next week

she still responds warmly and conversations over phone and text are still good fun. We kill 2-3 hours easily. After another rejection the other day I jokingly said "I can only take so much, let me know when you finally want to meet"

she said okay, in which I deleted her number....

was I in the right?? Was she just being coy and I should have kept pushing??
>>
>>17938549

what? dude this isn't a right or wrong. its not a moral issue.

she made it clear she doesn't like you because of that joke. you put the ball in her court if she changed her mind but she probably wont.

i found a guy really sexy and dreamy and perfect til he said 'DAMN I NEED TO TAKE A SHIT' really loud and obnoxiously. after that i literally gagged when i saw him.

people are fucking weird and the littlest things can turn us off.

what was the joke though im dying to know?
>>
>>17938549

not forgiving you for a dumb joke after you apologized (i assume sincerely) seems immature. You maybe could have handled it with more poise but moving your life in another direction from this person seems to be the right choice.

Just for shits, what was the joke?
>>
>>17938564

its not that she didn't forgive him, there was probably nothing to forgive.

but feelings aren't logical. he said something that upset her in some way. she didn't take it personally to the point where she was mad, but she didn't want to date someone who makes jokes like that. it doesn't make her immature, she can't stop her feelings from being turned off when a guy dissapoints her.

remember that we are hearing OPs side and not her side about how he siad something say, incredibly racist, and she doesn't appreciate that because it implies he might actually be racist even if he says 'LOL JUST JOKING, BUT NIGGERS AMIRITE?'
>>
Dont worry OP, you dodged a bullet, someone who cant take jokes is not worth your time.

Btw, what was the joke?
>>
>>17938573

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the joke myself. Assuming everyone on 4chan is racist seems presumptuous.
>>
>>17938587

i didn't assume OP was racist, my actual assumption was that the joke was of a sexual naature.

i intended the racist comment as just an example of what could have gone down.

and also remember that just because you might like OPs joke doesn't mean its immature for the girl to not want to date him.

people have their preferences for what kind of partner they want. someones humor even just being depressing or gross is valid enough to say 'sorry man you're not my type'.
>>
>OP getting help without telling the joke
Come on guys
>>
>>17938573
>>17938600
not wanting to date me because of the stupid joke 1 thing... still talking and laughing with me while refusing to see me is another level of mindfuckery I'm not used too....

>>17938587
>>17938616

the stupid joke
>talking one night about how some people die in their dreams
>next morning text her "rest in peace, hope to meet you again"
>>
>>17938627
this is not offensive, its just autistic

dont worry OP, you dodged a bullet
>>
>>17938627
She got mad over that? Bullet dodged
>>
>>17938627

>is another level of mindfuckery

its literally not. you guys act like girl sare sending these hard to understand codes, but they're simple as fuck.

she said she doesn't want to date you. when you reach out she responds out of niceness and friendliness. thats it. you guys act like its a crime for a girl to respond or just be friends. she made herself clear several times. you're the one who keeps coming back. it is okay for her to assume that you are comfortable NOT dating (since she told you four times) and that you're willing to settle for friends.

she is not mind fucking you. she is literally just responding when you text her.

>rest in peace

ah man. i hate to say it but shes either really fucking damaged in one way, or she just never wanted to date you. im sorry OP. that joke is funny and cute.

so either she had someone actually die in her dream and shes a broken person because of it...

or she just didn't like you and blames the joke to make the break up eaiser.
>>
>>17938630

>autistic

im sorry, I give OP shit saying the girl has the right to not date him regardless of the joke, but hte joke was cute af, thats typical normal every day banter between anyone, couples included.
>>
>>17938627
Yeah... she's fucking immature.
>>
>>17938600

Just to be clear, i'm not saying she's immature for not wanting to date him, she's immature for not forgiving him for the joke. Her preference romantically of course is personal and valid but holding grudge against someone for a joke they've apologized for telling is both fruitless and immature no matter how you spin it. You're grasping at straws for an argument that doesn't exist here.. and also I refuse to post in this thread again until i hear the joke.
>>
>>17938627

terrible joke. she dodged a bullet
>>
>>17938650

you're still wrong.

no where is there any indication that she hasn't forgiven him. just that she doesn't want to date him.

they have 3 hour long warm laughter filled conversations everytime they talk. shes forgiven him as far as anyone outside of her head can tell.

she just doesn't want to date him because she found the joke to be distasteful (as far as we know). at worst, she used it as an excuse to break up with a guy she already had doubts about.

you can forgive someone and still not date them anon.

im not grasping at straws for an argument. its not an argument. its basic human interaction.

im sorry if you struggle to udnerstand that.
>>
>>17938657

>no where is there any indication that she hasn't forgiven him
>no where is there any indication that she has forgiven him

>implying

stop posting.
you type like a girl.
>>
>>17938663

>you type like a girl

you type like someone who knows they're wrong, literally cannot figure out how to cover it up, so just insults someone to stroke his ego.

>nowhere is there any indication that she has forgiven him

unless you count that they can have three hour long conversations full of warmth and laughter, than sure, you got me there.

but if you do count hte fact that she literally continues to talk and banter with him, she just refuses to date him, than yeah, it seems like he is forgiven.

she just doesn't want to date him.
>>
>>17938627
kekd audibly, hope to see you again damaged it a bit though.

She never cared I think, shouldve kept running with the jokes for fun. Which was your flaw by the way, have fun yourself first, make yourself laugh and dont back down or apoligize for your own joke. Youll get the next one OP, I belieb in you
>>
>>17938669
>>17938669

>but whenever I tried to schedule a meetup with her she'd always say no because she's mad at me for that dumb joke I did

that was a quote from OP

are you blind?
did you assume my gender?
does that sound like she forgave him??
could you be more pretentious?
>>
>>17938678

OP interpreting it as mad makes no sense after 3 hours of warmth and laughter.

are you blind? you literally assumed my gender. no where in my post do i mention yours... further proof you are blind?

im not pretentious, im literally stating facts.

im sorry someone dumped you because you said a stupid joke once and interpreted it as them not 'forgiving' you.

goodnight.
>>
>>17938685

surely you troll me with this pedantic asshattery.

>OP interpreting it as mad makes no sense after 3 hours of warmth and laughter

could it be that the 3 hours or warmth and laughter make no sense instead?

>no where in my post do i mention yours
>you type like someone who knows they're wrong, literally cannot figure out how to cover it up, so just insults someone to stroke HIS ego.

>im not pretentious, im literally stating facts.
>implying you're not trolling me

>im sorry someone dumped you because you said a stupid joke once and interpreted it as them not 'forgiving' you.
>implying my jokes don't kick ass

BEGONE!
>>
So....OP here

Thanks for the support...And fight over interpretations on what happened I guess...

Goes to show there's plenty of ways to look at things and I shouldn't dwell on it too much

Already deleted her number, if she hits me back we'll see.

Hoping for the best, goodnight all
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.