[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Being a failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1460941753039.jpg (336KB, 500x473px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460941753039.jpg
336KB, 500x473px
When I was a teen I had a friend 4 years younger than, this kid was the polar opposite of me, actually, he helped me break out of my shell quite a bit. He was really outgoing so he took me to parties, having never been to one myself. He was really good with girls. I lost my virginity at 17, while he at 15 had fucked more girls than I had at 18.
I am a high school dropout, and when he finished high school he went for his first semester at uni to Australia, he also traveled to Japan, Amsterdam, and lived in Berlin last time I heard of him.
Now I haven't seen him in years, but sometimes I remember him. Of course he probably doesn't as much as remember me, I am not a very memorable person. I don't know where he is or what he is doing now, but I'm guessing that he's living a really nice life while I am here thinking I should get my GED and trying to fight my procrastinating habits to get some computer skills.
I not only think of him, but of other people who I see on the internet who are doing really creative things, music and the like, while all I've done with my life is struggle selling my shit on the street. Even now, I want to get gud at computer stuff but not only do I procrastinate but I also overwhelm myself and generally can't commit to a project and finish it.
So while these people are in their early 20s exploiting their creativity and getting a lot done, I am here at 25 unable to finish a single project and wondering how will I be able to make a living out in the world.
I try to be positive, and keep myself motivated, but I can't seem to put myself together, have no passion, and even though I try to discipline myself my mind seems unable to stick to something.

How do I find a passion or exploit my creativity and so something interesting?
Even if I try to discipline myself, I just lose interest. Right now I'm just working on computers because it might land me a job.... I don't want to live a life that makes me want to hang myself.
>>
File: space bear.jpg (19KB, 346x346px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
space bear.jpg
19KB, 346x346px
>>17916597
stop wasting time on an anonymous Korean hand knitting website for starters. SO many of these feels threads are the same. Im lonely, I dont have a GF, Im unemployed, no friends, so ideas, what should I do?
the best thing to do is to get off your ass and go looking for it. Go to school or get a job if you want to succeed. go to a club or bar or join some kind of social event if you want to meet people. You need to put yourself out there and experiment, even if youre not sure what you want. If anything thats better, have a few ideas and be willing to try them. If you dont like them that consider it working your way down the list.
Dont bother comparing yourself to others, I know its hard but the grass is always greener. That kid might seem perfect, but thats because hes not going to tell you the things that are going wrong. Nobody will. And even if he doesnt who gives a fuck? Go at a pace youre comfortable with to figure yourself out, some people do this before you, some after you and some never at all. Dont slow yourself down with the image of others, they dont care.

Most importantly, after youre done reading this and this thread 404's, dont sit on your ass and wait until you get this feeling again and make the same thread to have some confirmation bias that youre either ok, or not alone in your problems. Get off you ass and fix those problems. You can do it, just as easily as you cant do it. So be the change you want and deserve or shut the fuck up
>>
>>17916597
>>17916597

Some people just have more ambition and stronger will.
>>
>>17916934
>Most importantly, after youre done reading this and this thread 404's, dont sit on your ass and wait until you get this feeling again and make the same thread to have some confirmation bias that youre either ok, or not alone in your problems. Get off you ass and fix those problems. You can do it, just as easily as you cant do it. So be the change you want and deserve or shut the fuck up

Not OP but this really hit me. I have to start taking all the classes I failed tomorrow due to not attending anything this past year.

It's really going to suck and I'm sure my friends are going to think Im retarded but this is the only way I can fix the mistakes I made. Still though, sometimes the thought of "is it all really worth it" comes up and I can't help comparing myself with all my successful friends.

I just don't want dying to feel like reward anymore, I want to be scared of death like everybody else...
>>
>>17916597

Isn't survival in this world a strong enough reason for you get your shit together?
>>
>>17916934
>Most importantly, after youre done reading this and this thread 404's, dont sit on your ass and wait until you get this feeling again and make the same thread to have some confirmation bias that youre either ok, or not alone in your problems. Get off you ass and fix those problems.
You're 100% right, this can be a vice in itself, thanks for that.

>That kid might seem perfect, but thats because hes not going to tell you the things that are going wrong
I know he is not perfect, everybody's got problems. I also know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but damn, how comes some people are able to have a decent life while others are pretty much left to struggle with really basic shit? I can' help but feel inferior. It may just be my ego, but the fact that I'm /less/ than someone else feels realllly bad you know?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.